Certain animation is broken

Since I've reinstalled Oblivion a few days ago I gave LOVERS RESOURCE PACK v3 and Lovers with PK Base Package rev 96 a try. I use the Revised BBB 11-200 Animations Pack 12-12-12 as well. I also use The Daedra Sutra. That's pretty much the Lovers I've installed right now.

Among others I've installed animation 12 from Daedra Sutra and with v2 and rev91 the animation played correctly, however not there's a chair right next to the couple and the woman almost sits on the guy's face instead of his crotch.

Anyone knows what might have caused this error and how to fix it?

Yep. Its that you installed animations on top of the v3 resource pack and on top of the 11-200 base pack. When you did that you overwrote animation numbers which causes all sorts of havoc.

If you look inside the 11-200 animations pack there is a spreadsheet showing the open slots for adding animations (and it also shows a cross reference to the Daedra Sutra numbers). If you want to add additional animations in then you have to change the numbers of those animations to one of the open slots. This is one of those cases that if you had read the readme.txt and other information included you would have already known that what you were doing was going to fail.

As to the missing furniture - you are really boned there because you have to add back in the objects (they are separate nif files).

The bbb 11-200 animation pack already contained all of Northern's animations (that have the chairs, tables and bookcases).

Oh, did Lovers always behaved like that? Guess I was lucky before that I've never overwritten animations that should not have been overwritten. Even the new READMEs doesn't seem to include this information.

But a look at the attached .htm file tells me animation 12 is still free...

Btw: The chair isn't missing, it's there and not supposed to be there.

Oh' date=' did Lovers always behaved like that? Guess I was lucky before that I've never overwritten animations that should not have been overwritten. Even the new READMEs doesn't seem to include this information.

But a look at the attached .htm file tells me animation 12 is still free...

Btw: The chair isn't missing, it's there and not supposed to be there.

[/quote']

No lovers did not always behave like this. I renumbered everything. It irritated me that there were so many animations that were broken, duplicates or didn't have bouncing breasts that I spent the time to go through the entire Daedra Sutra and weed out all of those from the rest. I renumbered things so that I could more easily sort through them and so that animators creating new animations would know what slots were empty at a glance.

You can read all about this in posts 1-4 of the Animation Workshop thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13728

The readme's for the 11-200 bbb animations pack quite clearly states the above information. The resource pack v3 also states why only animations 1-10 are included in it now.

Animation 12 is only free if you didn't already have an animation in your folders and if you didn't move one in from the Daedra Sutra.

I can't help you with animation 12 as it doesn't exist in the 11-200 bbb animations pack and is something that either existed from your prior install or you moved it over from the Daedra Sutra.

The readme's for the 11-200 bbb animations pack quite clearly states the above information. The resource pack v3 also states why only animations 1-10 are included in it now.

Yes' date=' but I cannot find the in this case critical information:

"If you overwrite an existing animation (ini plus meshes files) you may break the animation you have copied."

I've looked through the [i']Information Lovers Animations Workshop[/i] thread and found out that two The Daedra Sutra animations I want to use (12 and 64.1) are not included in the Revised BBB 11-200 Animations Pack yet, properly because they are still missing BBB. So I've renamed those to animations to 50 and 51 and now they work properly.

Yes' date=' but I cannot find the in this case critical information:

"If you overwrite an existing animation (ini plus meshes files) you may break the animation you have copied."

[/quote']

What? You mean ini plus "kf" files (you would only have mesh files if there is an object in the scene like a pillory, chair or whatever). If folks can't figure that out then they do not posses enough knowledge to be messing with animations. That isn't meant as an attack on them, as everyone starts out as a noob, but if they aren't prepared to do the reading to understand the system, then they are just going to screw up their games tinkering with things they don't understand.

That is why I made the 11-200 pack in the first place. That way they don't have to do anything except install it. I will be updating and expanding the pack as I get new animations and as I add bbb to ones that didn't have it before.

I've looked through the Information Lovers Animations Workshop thread and found out that two The Daedra Sutra animations I want to use (12 and 64.1) are not included in the Revised BBB 11-200 Animations Pack yet' date=' properly because they are still missing BBB. So I've renamed those to animations to 50 and 51 and now they work properly.

[/quote']

Yea, I did omit many of the non-bbb animations. I am slowly improving my bbb animating skills and will be adding bbb to those animations in the very near future and will update the bbb pack at that time. I will take a look at the two animations you are interested in and see about putting them in the que next for adding bbb to them. ;)

If you notice I did leave a spread sheet that not only cross referenced the new animation numbers to the DS pack, but also shows the open spots to make it easy for folks (and me) to add in animations.

Glad you found a work around. :)

Archived