Looking for a Companion Needs Mod

ijakor

Hmmm

There are some basic funtions in Chase Roxand´s mod sexout lust that work similar.

It shouln´t be too dificult to get them working for food, thirst and sleep.

if i had the skills id try to make such a mod, but im not.

But in my opinion, it would be a good improvment to all companions that you have to care about them and dont let them suffer from their basic needs

Llama RCA, creator of Willow, tried to give Willow needs for hardcore mode. Turns out, the way the system handles companions makes giving them needs really complicated if not outright impossible. The best you can do is add AI scripts to make them act like they need food and drink every once in a while. But other than making them nag the player for refreshment or rest until they get shot in the face to shut up, there's no known way to make them suffer any needs-based consequences.

That being said, I've never tried myself. I'm only going by what others have said. So I could be wrong.

Llama RCA' date=' creator of Willow, tried to give Willow needs for hardcore mode. Turns out, the way the system handles companions makes giving them needs really complicated if not outright impossible. The best you can do is add AI scripts to make them act like they need food and drink every once in a while. But other than making them nag the player for refreshment or rest until they get shot in the face to shut up, there's no known way to make them suffer any needs-based consequences.

That being said, I've never tried myself. I'm only going by what others have said. So I could be wrong.[/quote']

If anyone want's to have a chew at it I could easliy add Hunger/Thirst variables to the the major NPC in their SCR Quest Scripts

I don't think you'd need to put in any consequences like debuffs. A simpler method would be once they get hungry or thirsty enough (after a warning or two) they simply say goodbye, leave the player's company and go back to fending for themselves until recollected.

I think the big problem would be checking their inventory and/or checking the cell you've parked them in (the lucky 38, for example) for all the potential food items and removing them. Is it even possible to check an entire cell for food? Moreso, is it possible to do when you have absolutely no idea which cell that might be, or what containers might be in it?

I know it's possible to detect any food, vanilla or otherwise, they might be holding using formlists (provided any mods involved added it to the right lists), but is it possible to remove formlist items from a ref without specifying exactly what item you want gone?

I don't think you'd need to put in any consequences like debuffs. A simpler method would be once they get hungry or thirsty enough (after a warning or two) they simply say goodbye' date=' leave the player's company and go back to fending for themselves until recollected.

I think the big problem would be checking their inventory and/or checking the cell you've parked them in (the lucky 38, for example) for all the potential food items and removing them. Is it even possible to check an entire cell for food? Moreso, is it possible to do when you have absolutely no idea which cell that might be, or what containers might be in it?

I know it's possible to detect any food, vanilla or otherwise, they might be holding using formlists (provided any mods involved added it to the right lists), but is it possible to remove formlist items from a ref without specifying exactly what item you want gone?

[/quote']

You would probably want an exclusion list for a mod that does this sort of thing.

For example, Willow's main usefulness as a companion is her ability to drop a campfire anywhere and cook meals for you using her food/ingredient stash that you've supplied her. She even has quest functionality related to taking her shopping for such ingredients.

Veronica is a professional scrounger. Cass ran a caravan and knows the value of being "travel prepared". I can think of many NPC followers that would need to be list excluded. Well, not NEED to be... but the player should probably be allowed to exclude followers he/she believes could take care of themselves without player intervention and/or are used as food bearers/cooks.

Archived