Arachnophobia by Miss Leeches (OBSOLETE!)

aha, that's for the "how many spiders" bit I'm betting. good luck with the new cave though, I'm curious as to how it will look (I'm betting on super spider-like lol. there is that one, I forget the name, that you go to for the companion quest line, where most of it is coated in webbing all over the place and whatnot, so I'm visualizing something like that.), also what name you'll choose for it.

The cave is... coming along nicely. The shell's been made, it looks fairly natural, I've got some sinkholes should I decide some creepy-crawlies should repel down from them, it looks fairly old, and I'm in the process of webbing it up. Next up will be clutter and the creation of the exit.

Also, fear not, Frostfall players, for I am one too, there shall be a heat source next to the player placement(s)!

No it doesn't require Frostfall, it's just keeping Frostfall players in mind.

As for release, I'll release it when I think it's ready. : )

oh ok lol, just had to check, was wondering about that since I don't have Frostfall.

no rush, I was just curious based on the description you gave there, with the cave, sounded like you had worked past your prior issues and gotten through most of the mod here already, when I read it anyway. did I "jump the gun" on this one? lol.

on another note, is this cave enterable on the map, without having been brought there by a spider? or no?

The cave is nearly done! It's connected to the exterior world space, filled with copious amounts of clutter, it's got its ambiance and various particle effects such as low level mist and dangling cobwebs. It's coming along nicely!  There are screenshots included below for any who care enough to see them.

All that's left now is Navmeshing the place... which is probably going to be a nightmare.

Screenshot 1:

MaBYtL3.png

Screenshot 2:

D42N7vW.png

Screenshot 3:

5yxe1Zw.png

Screenshot 4:

TVJ2H6D.png

Screenshot 5:

GtA1ib1.png

The cave is nearly done! It's connected to the exterior world space, filled with copious amounts of clutter, it's got its ambiance and various particle effects such as low level mist and dangling cobwebs. It's coming along nicely!  There are screenshots included below for any who care enough to see them.

All that's left now is Navmeshing the place... which is probably going to be a nightmare.

Screenshot 1:

MaBYtL3.png

Screenshot 2:

D42N7vW.png

Screenshot 3:

5yxe1Zw.png

Screenshot 4:

TVJ2H6D.png

Screenshot 5:

GtA1ib1.png

Oh wow. That's looken pretty good!

Can't wait to use this!

Also could you give me a run-down of what you're planning? Some sort of spider entrapment?

oh wow!! looks stunning! very much like a spider lair, even more so than Cronvangr! well done Kazyn! can't wait to try this out in "person". looks like you did great.

ouch on the navmeshing though, I wonder why that's gonna be a nightmare (probably)

I promise this is just a question and not an outright request, but now that we have a visual representation of the cave, it got me thinking: how tough is it to make custom traps in this game? I was actually curious about this before, as I was browsing to see if anyone had done any mod work with traps, and what I found was very limited, primarily craftable and deployable traps like beartraps that do damage, but nothing that was able to apply any effects like paralysis.

As for the cave itself, those screenshots are looking damn good.

It's been a few pages and I could probably use a summation myself, so:

The purpose of this mod is to expand on Ms Leeches (and Kepper's) original arachnophobia mod, which was more or less just a proof-of-concept mod that shows the ZaZAnimation pack in action, specifically that of the "arachnophobia" set of animations. What that mod did was change the effect of the spider spit attack from Frostbite spiders from a simple poisoning effect to a full entangle effect that worked on any humanoid NPCs, immobilizing them while draining their health and stamina overtime, much like the original poison effect. Every few seconds after the victim was entangled, the game would run an automatic "escape check" for the victim. Essentially what it involved was wait to either break free or die, whichever came first. It was a simple concept that didn't really see any interest in expansion from the original author. After awhile and after I learned a thing or two about modding/scripting with papyrus, I wanted to see about making my own mod, adult-oriented or not. This particular mod's original script was around 70-ish lines of code long and had only one script with minimal changes made in the CK properties.

I've messed around with other mods prior to this as well (played with them, not edited them) and saw how some of the concepts in those mods could potentially be applied to provide more interaction with THIS mod. So began my attempt. An earlier (very alpha) release is available on earlier pages in this thread (page 9, to be specific) where the spit still entangles the victim, but they're offered a bit more interaction in how they're going to escape from their bonds instead of just waiting it out. It isn't bug free but it works.

Still additional room for expansion was present on top of the bug fixing. The final plan for the mod is as follows:

The victim can still initially attempt to escape from the spider they encountered somewhere in the world. If however, the victim becomes fully wrapped in spider web, the victim will be transported to the cave that you saw screenshots of where they will await to become dinner by the broodmother or some superior spider that lives there. However, the victim can still attempt to escape and get a second chance at life even after they're taken to this cave, but escape won't come so easily even if they manage to escape the cocoon, because no spider is going to let its meal leave without first sucking it dry.

That's it in a nutshell. Originally I was going to have the victim taken to various caves depending on what hold they were in at the time of capture but scrapped this, partially because of glitches within the game itself, but also in favor of making a cave designed specifically for this scenario. Yes it takes away from the variety of caves you can appear in and it also gives off the not-so-lore-friendly impression that all the spiders collectively serve the same spider that somehow oversees all the spiders of Skyrim, but this is more or less to see if I can do it, and if successful, possibly implement additional caves and scenarios for the player to be challenged with.

Finally, if any were wondering since this is LL, there will be no rape from the spiders or anything sexual like that, despite this being an adult-oriented mod. There also won't be any impregnation or other violations to occur on the victim either.

Stiltzkinator, I haven't experimented with making custom traps so I'm afraid I cannot answer your question. Could it be done? I'm sure it could be, but I wouldn't know how to do it myself.

I promise this is just a question and not an outright request, but now that we have a visual representation of the cave, it got me thinking: how tough is it to make custom traps in this game? I was actually curious about this before, as I was browsing to see if anyone had done any mod work with traps, and what I found was very limited, primarily craftable and deployable traps like beartraps that do damage, but nothing that was able to apply any effects like paralysis.

As for the cave itself, those screenshots are looking damn good.

I was kinda wondering that myself. Then again, with the assets there are out there, how would one make it work?

I could see a trap in a tomb having a trap where the player's arms are cuffed and they're lifted to the ceiling, but other than that I cant think of anything.

For that particular trap, let's say it was triggered by a pressure plate. A script on that pressure plate would then call an event to cuff the player as you said. That could easily be done to the point that even I feel comfortable with doing that.

The ZaZPack actually has an animation for a cuffed actor hanging from a ceiling too, so I'd probably call that animation alongside the rest of the event.

It's been a few pages and I could probably use a summation myself, so:

The purpose of this mod is to expand on Ms Leeches (and Kepper's) original arachnophobia mod, which was more or less just a proof-of-concept mod that shows the ZaZAnimation pack in action, specifically that of the "arachnophobia" set of animations. What that mod did was change the effect of the spider spit attack from Frostbite spiders from a simple poisoning effect to a full entangle effect that worked on any humanoid NPCs, immobilizing them while draining their health and stamina overtime, much like the original poison effect. Every few seconds after the victim was entangled, the game would run an automatic "escape check" for the victim. Essentially what it involved was wait to either break free or die, whichever came first. It was a simple concept that didn't really see any interest in expansion from the original author. After awhile and after I learned a thing or two about modding/scripting with papyrus, I wanted to see about making my own mod, adult-oriented or not. This particular mod's original script was around 70-ish lines of code long and had only one script with minimal changes made in the CK properties.

I've messed around with other mods prior to this as well (played with them, not edited them) and saw how some of the concepts in those mods could potentially be applied to provide more interaction with THIS mod. So began my attempt. An earlier (very alpha) release is available on earlier pages in this thread (page 9, to be specific) where the spit still entangles the victim, but they're offered a bit more interaction in how they're going to escape from their bonds instead of just waiting it out. It isn't bug free but it works.

Still additional room for expansion was present on top of the bug fixing. The final plan for the mod is as follows:

The victim can still initially attempt to escape from the spider they encountered somewhere in the world. If however, the victim becomes fully wrapped in spider web, the victim will be transported to the cave that you saw screenshots of where they will await to become dinner by the broodmother or some superior spider that lives there. However, the victim can still attempt to escape and get a second chance at life even after they're taken to this cave, but escape won't come so easily even if they manage to escape the cocoon, because no spider is going to let its meal leave without first sucking it dry.

That's it in a nutshell. Originally I was going to have the victim taken to various caves depending on what hold they were in at the time of capture but scrapped this, partially because of glitches within the game itself, but also in favor of making a cave designed specifically for this scenario. Yes it takes away from the variety of caves you can appear in and it also gives off the not-so-lore-friendly impression that all the spiders collectively serve the same spider that somehow oversees all the spiders of Skyrim, but this is more or less to see if I can do it, and if successful, possibly implement additional caves and scenarios for the player to be challenged with.

Finally, if any were wondering since this is LL, there will be no rape from the spiders or anything sexual like that, despite this being an adult-oriented mod. There also won't be any impregnation or other violations to occur on the victim either.

Stiltzkinator, I haven't experimented with making custom traps so I'm afraid I cannot answer your question. Could it be done? I'm sure it could be, but I wouldn't know how to do it myself.

Ah. Now I'm up to speed, thanks.

Do you have any idea as to when you may have a beta? I'm guessing the being taken to another cave is proving troublesome?

If this hasn't been said yet, but you may want to take a look at Msl's Devious Captures Mod. It does that, accept its placing the player out of trouble rather than in it.

Ms Leeches has actually been more than helpful in helping me put this together. Moving the player to the location isn't hard, that much I have figured out... it's stopping them from falling out of the world AFTER the move that I'm having trouble with. I've come this far, and I'm not about to let the hours that went into making this cave go to waste because of this tiny little problem. As for the beta, well I've been working around the clock on this thing and despite that, all I can say is that I can release a beta when I think it's ready.

Ms Leeches has actually been more than helpful in helping me put this together. Moving the player to the location isn't hard, that much I have figured out... it's stopping them from falling out of the world AFTER the move that I'm having trouble with. I've come this far, and I'm not about to let the hours that went into making this cave go to waste because of this tiny little problem. As for the beta, well I've been working around the clock on this thing and despite that, all I can say is that I can release a beta when I think it's ready.

Alright then. I understand if you're not going to add the spiders mating with the player. Personally, I find the peril more interesting than the sex. In fact, for me, the peril is allot more attractive than most instances of intercourse (within skyrim terms, at least). Not everything needs sex, ya know?

I'm full heatedly looking forward to this mod!

Peril is what I lean more toward too, even if it's not as threatening as say death (lol). It's why I still on occasion will turn on Devious Devices (and whatever else goes with it), SD+, XPO etc, but I end up disabling all the sex animations (but not the beatings). XD It's more the challenge of being enslaved/trapped and escaping that excites me with those mods.

Peril is what I lean more toward too, even if it's not as threatening as say death (lol). It's why I still on occasion will turn on Devious Devices (and whatever else goes with it), SD+, XPO etc, but I end up disabling all the sex animations (but not the beatings). XD It's more the challenge of being enslaved/trapped and escaping that excites me with those mods.

Yeah same here. Though, I mostly prefer it when its not a lethal outcome, but still...

Can't wait for DD and DD Integration to get updated though. Seams allot of other mods are planning to use them, so they're waiting for those to be updated.

Its taking a long time, IMO...

Have you generated the navmesh thingy yet? I don't have any experience with it buuuut it kinda sounds like it could be related.

Ohh and have you tried using COC to get to your cave in game? Does the falling through the floor happen even with the COC command?

No CoC never caused me to fall through the floor even with Crovangr cave. CoC does get me to the new cave just fine and I can walk around in it just fine (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to take the screenshots :D) I actually used an activator that I added to get me to the Crovangr cave which called the MoveTo function as well, which didn't cause me to fall through the cave, so it seems to be something perhaps having to do with the animations, the player being restrained/unconscious (bow chicka bow wow) and whatever else might be running at the time of the move when the actual move is supposed to occur from failing to escape.

So I'm thinking it might be a better idea clear the player of all effects after the fade-out, move it, then reapply everything. Here's hoping that works.