Arachnophobia by Miss Leeches (OBSOLETE!)

as for the cave I don't know how "above and beyond" that is

The original mod just had spiders web up your character, leaving them helpless while poison damaged them. Transporting them to a cave when fully webbed is a huge step beyond that, and something to really be excited about.

That's what got me thinking about what kinds of things could be mechanically possible within the game. For example, what about creatures other than spiders? Maybe someone can make a mod in which ice wraiths inflict the 'Ice Form' effect on the player. What the heck, since the effect already exists in the game, maybe I'll see if I can make that mod myself once I get some time to work with it.

I'd keep the detriments temporary, just makes more sense. I also think Kazyn should focus on getting just the player working first. Companions can be an odd bit to work into the modd, it also just makes sense to add companion support later whilst making sure the player's end works fine.

as for the cave I don't know how "above and beyond" that is

The original mod just had spiders web up your character, leaving them helpless while poison damaged them. Transporting them to a cave when fully webbed is a huge step beyond that, and something to really be excited about.

That's what got me thinking about what kinds of things could be mechanically possible within the game. For example, what about creatures other than spiders? Maybe someone can make a mod in which ice wraiths inflict the 'Ice Form' effect on the player. What the heck, since the effect already exists in the game, maybe I'll see if I can make that mod myself once I get some time to work with it.

cut off most of my statement there eh? lol. but yeah I'm aware of that, as I had watched this thread since the very beginning when MsLeeches started it, and while I'm not trying to downplay Kazyn's expansion on this, I posted that first paragraph to explain parts of Kazyn's expansion you may have missed, seeing as  you started posting in this thread a few pages after he even put the earliest stage of the mod up for download. you don't have to tell me it's something to be excited about lol, like I said, I've been watching this thread since the beginning, and trying everything out since it came, so I know that very well.

as for the Ice Wraith thing that sounds like a pretty cool, different idea too, might be fun to see implemented at some point there, though I'm not sure what Kazyn plans once this expansion is done. but I like how you think! good idea.

also, agreed on your comment Pavlov, iirc, Kazyn took on the expansion mod because it was quite simple to begin with

Well Stiltzkinator, I had actually thought of that awhile back. There's a couple animations still in the ZaZ pack that I'd like to implement as well. I'm not going to be doing it anytime soon, but the idea was to have giants (and maybe Falmer) tie the player up on a rotisserie over a fire when defeated. Draugr would stick the player in one of those body bags that come up to the neck, etc. It would essentially be more of a perilous defeat mod instead of strictly on spiders.

... I like that name... Perilous Defeat. Might name it that if I ever get that far. lol

Well Stiltzkinator, I had actually thought of that awhile back. There's a couple animations still in the ZaZ pack that I'd like to implement as well. I'm not going to be doing it anytime soon, but the idea was to have giants (and maybe Falmer) tie the player up on a rotisserie over a fire when defeated. Draugr would stick the player in one of those body bags that come up to the neck, etc. It would essentially be more of a perilous defeat mod instead of strictly on spiders.

... I like that name... Perilous Defeat. Might name it that if I ever get that far. lol

I like that mummification idea. Too bad there isnt anything like that out there... maybe you'll be the first, if you ever get that far.

sounds great to me, the other ideas, the giant and falmer, as well as the Draugr, but wouldn't a more form-fitting mummification (think Ancient Egyptian mummies) be more appropriate for a Draugr capture? since they look like they had that done too. winding the bandages tightly around their bodies. but if they're not gagged they could shout or cast their way out lol.

yeah! sounds like an amazing, fitting name if you ever get to that. good luck

btw, it kinda got buried in the topic by now, so I'll ask again: have you started working on follower stuff yet for this mod? or are you still polishing off the player capture so to speak?

I've followed this for some time, tried the original - kudos Ms leeches, tried all of the "take-over" - again kudos all.

Kazyn's continued work is reminiscent of skyrimll's revamping SD+.  Great work you're doing and even more impressive the fact that you did'nt get discouraged from minor/major setbacks and quit like a lot of modders do.  You kept on till you found a solution (there's always a solution even if you have to rewrite the code).

A couple things to add; someone mentioned traps, why not have pressure traps, not to obvious, frequently place on the escape route that would re-ensnare the PC and/or followers.  And contrary to some opinions, I DO like the possibility of a final death scenario.  I get tired of movies, games and such that suspend all reality just to keep some "hero" alive.  If you do a "final death" could you spend a little more time and make it a classic?  Not just a fade to black ... poof, you're gone.  Maybe a swarm of baby spiders bursting out, with PC's final thoughts?

And thanks Ms Leeches for allowing someone to expand on your work instead of it wasting away like the pages and pages of mods still listed but useless.

Kazyn, I like the way you think. And maybe some entangling vines/roots via spriggans? Again, this is all just neat ideas, I definitely don't want to distract you from the task at hand. But if you should decide that you want to continue after the spider portion, I fully support further developments.

I'll keep any further, non-spider ideas to myself for the time being, but keep track of them in case you're interested in fleshing out a peril mod.

I've followed this for some time, tried the original - kudos Ms leeches, tried all of the "take-over" - again kudos all.

Kazyn's continued work is reminiscent of skyrimll's revamping SD+.  Great work you're doing and even more impressive the fact that you did'nt get discouraged from minor/major setbacks and quit like a lot of modders do.  You kept on till you found a solution (there's always a solution even if you have to rewrite the code).

A couple things to add; someone mentioned traps, why not have pressure traps, not to obvious, frequently place on the escape route that would re-ensnare the PC and/or followers.  And contrary to some opinions, I DO like the possibility of a final death scenario.  I get tired of movies, games and such that suspend all reality just to keep some "hero" alive.  If you do a "final death" could you spend a little more time and make it a classic?  Not just a fade to black ... poof, you're gone.  Maybe a swarm of baby spiders bursting out, with PC's final thoughts?

And thanks Ms Leeches for allowing someone to expand on your work instead of it wasting away like the pages and pages of mods still listed but useless.

yeah I second this, I'm still quite glad Kazyn picked up Ms Leeches' mod here, rather than let it sit idle and rot (which would be a waste), so we can add that to the 'kudos' to his perseverance through all the issues that popped up.

I do like the idea of those traps too, but are you suggesting those as web traps? for this mod expansion? or for a later idea? just curious. as for the final death thing, I'd be ok with it too, but on the baby spiders, I believe Kazyn said he's not doing this as an adult (AKA rape) mod atm, so unless you meant the spiders coming out of an egg sac nearby or something, there's no impregnation or anything of the sort here atm. (just bringing up what was covered on earlier pages). I do like the "final thought" premise though, neat idea for a variation here.

oh yeah, it's always a shame to see all the loads of mods abandoned and sitting idle all over the forum, but as I've watched that happen to several now, there are pretty varied reasons for that, though the end result is always a shame. as I said, I am glad Kazyn picked this up though

I can't for the life of me figure out how to:

1) Tell the game to get the player's current followers

and

2) Dismiss, teleport (moveTo), etc on said followers (though I could probably assign them to variable if I could get the follower(s) in the first place).

I think Defeat can detect up to 5 of your followers and puts them into aliases so maybe checking how its scripts do it would be helpful. In theeeeeeeeory it should be easy because current followers are put into a special faction so finding them (by like scanning npcs in your current location) isn't difficult ^^

Or if you just want to test things with 1 follower you can link a property to the follower alias in the vanilla follower script

Ah they get put in a specific follower faction do they? That's good to know. Well I'm going to try and take into account ALL followers the player has currently just to sweep the floor with them.

First, I need to reference them, then I need to dismiss them. Once I figure that out, then I can look at somehow keeping one around when the player is moved.

Well I'm afraid I won't be supporting mods that let the player recruit more than one follower, but I do need to try and keep in mind quest followers such as Serana. I'm also a bit worried as to what would happen in the event the player gets captured during a quest like that. I would think you could just escape and go back to where you were captured but I can't be sure.

ah that's a shame, too much of a hassle for more than one follower I assume then huh? and hmm, I don't have Dawnguard so I'm not sure what that would mean with Serana. so how is the follower support going? that you're working on I mean

You know, the sad thing when it comes to programming/scripting/coding/modding is that there is rarely a good solid answer on Google. Usually, it's a matter of typing in the correct keywords or following a merry, happy trail of various links both benign and malign all to have even a miniscule chance of what you're looking to find

They say to look and see how other people did it, and while I can go and look at their source scripts, I can't always look at what they did in the editor. Most are kind enough to put an abbreviation to new objects that they added, but what if they edited existing objects?

So I tried googling for how to reference followers... and much to my dismay I find a few how-tos for this. -.- After hours of hurdling my face into a wall... Not out of the woods, yet, though, I'm afraid.

DialogueFollower quest... Follower ReferenceAlias.... Bethesda pls...

ouch, sounds like you're in a rough spot.. I wish I could help somehow. though I am impressed you've decided to complete the follower part of the mod before releasing what you've added in so far, I admire your dedication there. I hope things start to fall in line soon though, you've worked hard at it this far, and deserve it. plus as you know, several people here are eagerly awaiting your project.

that said, can you say where in Skyrim you placed your cave entrance? (I'm just curious)  

yeah I second this, I'm still quite glad Kazyn picked up Ms Leeches' mod here, rather than let it sit idle and rot (which would be a waste), so we can add that to the 'kudos' to his perseverance through all the issues that popped up.

I do like the idea of those traps too, but are you suggesting those as web traps? for this mod expansion? or for a later idea? just curious. as for the final death thing, I'd be ok with it too, but on the baby spiders, I believe Kazyn said he's not doing this as an adult (AKA rape) mod atm, so unless you meant the spiders coming out of an egg sac nearby or something, there's no impregnation or anything of the sort here atm. (just bringing up what was covered on earlier pages). I do like the "final thought" premise though, neat idea for a variation here.

oh yeah, it's always a shame to see all the loads of mods abandoned and sitting idle all over the forum, but as I've watched that happen to several now, there are pretty varied reasons for that, though the end result is always a shame. as I said, I am glad Kazyn picked this up though

Yes, web traps.  Not this expansion, I ready for an update sooner.

A spider laying eggs in a host is no more rape than a fly laying eggs in a piece of meat.  But hatchlings from another source would suffice as well.

You know, the sad thing when it comes to programming/scripting/coding/modding is that there is rarely a good solid answer on Google. Usually, it's a matter of typing in the correct keywords or following a merry, happy trail of various links both benign and malign all to have even a miniscule chance of what you're looking to find

They say to look and see how other people did it, and while I can go and look at their source scripts, I can't always look at what they did in the editor. Most are kind enough to put an abbreviation to new objects that they added, but what if they edited existing objects?

So I tried googling for how to reference followers... and much to my dismay I find a few how-tos for this. -.- After hours of hurdling my face into a wall... Not out of the woods, yet, though, I'm afraid.

DialogueFollower quest... Follower ReferenceAlias.... Bethesda pls...

I found this, which...just might provide a viable solution (if it works as stated):

http://www.gamesas.com/iterate-over-all-followers-script-t352498.html

It looks like this person managed to identify followers using their ReferenceAlias as Follower1, Follower2, etc, but I don't know if this is how the game IDs by default, or if it involves some coding that the poster did here (similar to the problem you mentioned, hard to tell what's been edited).

As for mods which affect followers specifically, "Horses for Followers" may be the most relevant one I found in this case, since it somehow identifies who your current followers are (including Serana if she is one) and has them take a specific action (riding a horse) when prompted.

EDIT: Found a link where someone seems to have successfully been able to successfully target a follower and have them teleport with the player. Only catch is that I'm not sure if this would work for more than one.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/757683-papyrus-teleporting-with-followers/

Yes, web traps.  Not this expansion, I ready for an update sooner.

A spider laying eggs in a host is no more rape than a fly laying eggs in a piece of meat.  But hatchlings from another source would suffice as well.

ah, well the Arachnophobia Expansion is the mod Kazyn is doing here, so that's what it would be from if you're asking for traps from this thread. and on the egg laying, I wasn't debating what that is or isn't, I was merely stating what was said before, earlier on in the thread, basically bringing up the info you might've missed, since you started replying here later on. just telling you what was discussed earlier

EDIT: @ Stiltz. Kazyn said he's not supporting mods that allow multiple followers for this mod here, so no worries on the bit about "more than one"