Arachnophobia by Miss Leeches (OBSOLETE!)

just tried it out, and here's the issues I noticed:

after I got caught (as in post "the webs tighten") I spawn up in the cave perfectly, but my follower is no where to be found, and the screen blacks out at a certain interval, at which point the skittering message starts to show up a lot (couldn't see any spiders in the whole cave btw, or hear any), and as I struggle (even while in the black screen) I get the message the spider prepares to feed, but nothing happens, but allowing me to struggle more. I keep seeing the skittering and feeding message every so often while I struggle on the black screen, but it allows me to keep struggling, and eventually I get free, but here's the main issue: the black screen stays, and I can't see anything, despite being able to hear my character walk or jump around, it stays on the black screen, can't make it out of the cave blind, and I didn't hear any of the spiders, so I think that's the biggest issue atm. also, even after I get free, I don't even hear my follower, so I'm guessing they didn't port or something, or maybe they're wrapped up somewhere else in the cave that I didn't spot while I could see.

I tried this on two different characters, one a custom race called Ashen, and another a Redguard (both female), with the same scenario, though when I was on my Ashen, and I heard my character drop to the ground after the "opening" message, I was given the aiming reticle in the middle of the screen and that 'compass bar' at the top of the screen, though it was all still black screened, despite me being able to hear my character run and jump around, even kick bones or something. again, my follower and the spiders were no where to be heard or seen.

hope this helps, but otherwise it runs perfectly for me, the capture scene and the cave one, with the exceptions of once it starts to say the skittering message and the feeding one, and when it black screens. I didn't hear any death cry, though I did hear the Redguard make some kind of "Mmm" sound I think, some sort of grunt. the whole cave loads perfectly, and I can look around in any direction when cocooned there, but once it black screens its locked to that.

love this premise though!! still eager to continue trying this out, and thanks for releasing the beta!

Tested the current build in as many ways as I could, and found some issues.

-Getting captured works just fine for me. Once the player is fully webbed, they appear in the cave and the escape quest begins. If you follow the prompts, you are eventually able to get free, and the huge spiders start spawning. Recommendation, though, can you make the spiders in the cave unable to web the player? At least not in the same way, maybe make it temporary only like the mod had done before, to prevent an endless loop of botched escapes.

-Speaking of botched escapes, I found that you can...move. While cocooned. The character slides around, hovering off the ground, still head-down and struggling. Unless you jump...then the player turns upright, and walks normally. Looks pretty hilarious if you are sneaking, but definitely an unfortunate bug.

-Repeatedly failing to escape once cocooned in the cave never got any further than "You hear approaching skittering..." Is there any penalty beyond that currently in the mod?

-Upon escaping (the way you are supposed to), and defeating the spiders, the webbed exit doesn't unblock. And since it's un-cuttable, you're effectively trapped forever without console commands. How about making it normally cuttable, but have several layers of web-walls, so that it takes time and effort, and the player would still be inclined to fight off their attackers first?

-If captured with a single follower who is nearby, they appear (standing normally) next to you in the cave (no bugs here).

-If captured with a single follower who is a good distance away from you, they will not appear. If you manage to escape the cave on your own, they will eventually track you down in the wild though.

-If captured with multiple followers (I know it's not your priority, but I tested it anyway), the screen fades to black, then CTDs on trying to load the cave.

And that's what I came up with. I didn't have any black screen problems like bleeb had at any point, so not sure what is going on there.

A bug i face is the web wall does not get destroyed after all spiders are dead. Not sure if every1 faced that.

Another thing is if the player is auto running and gets cocoon and sent into the spider cave, they will not stay in position and will move forward non-stop when spawned in the cave until u break free. 

Also is it normal for the character to be stripped when in the spider cave cocooned? 

And just an extra for personal taste, maybe some of us like to see our characters abit then fully cocoon, like the cocoon Ms Leeches use. All up to you though haha

And just an extra for personal taste, maybe some of us like to see our characters abit then fully cocoon, like the cocoon Ms Leeches use. All up to you though haha

If we're talking personal taste, then I'd like to see an ever so slightly thinner/more transparent cocoon so we can get a better view of the player (and perhaps later followers) struggling. Nothing drastic, and honestly I'd happily settle for what is used now, but now my opinion is out there at least.

I second that stiltz, but the cocoon 'armors' are equips made by the Zaz bondage resources, not by Kazyn, there's the three types you see, the first stage where they are bound, and you can see their breasts, neck/shoulders, face (above the gag) and hip area, with a light web mesh over them, then the next stage has a bit thicker web mesh over them, then full cocoon. the full one makes a lot of sense here, but I still personally prefer the other two, in terms of personal tastes as you said

I second that stiltz, but the cocoon 'armors' are equips made by the Zaz bondage resources, not by Kazyn, there's the three types you see, the first stage where they are bound, and you can see their breasts, neck/shoulders, face (above the gag) and hip area, with a light web mesh over them, then the next stage has a bit thicker web mesh over them, then full cocoon. the full one makes a lot of sense here, but I still personally prefer the other two, in terms of personal tastes as you said

It's definitely not something to worry about in the short term, but I wonder how much work it would be to modify the resources in the zaz pack to make new ones. There might be a way to change the opacity of the webbing layers and save them as new objects. Plus changing the colors and adding other textures to make things other than webbing (I've been kicking around a few ideas with the hope that this is possible).

Why you're stuck on a black screen, Bleeb, I don't know. All the functions that call a fade out (apart from the one at meal time) have been commented out to avoid silly issues like that.

Tested the current build in as many ways as I could, and found some issues.

-Getting captured works just fine for me. Once the player is fully webbed, they appear in the cave and the escape quest begins. If you follow the prompts, you are eventually able to get free, and the huge spiders start spawning. Recommendation, though, can you make the spiders in the cave unable to web the player? At least not in the same way, maybe make it temporary only like the mod had done before, to prevent an endless loop of botched escapes.

Yeah, that was one thing I forgot to add upon being released in the cave. I'll be sure to include that next update.

-Speaking of botched escapes, I found that you can...move. While cocooned. The character slides around, hovering off the ground, still head-down and struggling. Unless you jump...then the player turns upright, and walks normally. Looks pretty hilarious if you are sneaking, but definitely an unfortunate bug.

I'll look into it. The script specifically said to disable movement controls for the player so I'll have to figure that out.

-Repeatedly failing to escape once cocooned in the cave never got any further than "You hear approaching skittering..." Is there any penalty beyond that currently in the mod?

The detrimental effect never made it in, I'm afraid so there's still a certain death mechanic in place. "You hear approaching skittering" means if you don't break out soon, then there'll be the fade-to-black and death cry. If you failed to escape multiple times after that and never died, then yeah, something's up.

-Upon escaping (the way you are supposed to), and defeating the spiders, the webbed exit doesn't unblock. And since it's un-cuttable, you're effectively trapped forever without console commands. How about making it normally cuttable, but have several layers of web-walls, so that it takes time and effort, and the player would still be inclined to fight off their attackers first?

I wanted to make it cuttable but I couldn't figure out how to restore the wall after it's been cut. It's treated differently once it's been destroyed.

-If captured with a single follower who is nearby, they appear (standing normally) next to you in the cave (no bugs here).

Your single follower ended up staring at you? Wasn't hung up or anything?

-If captured with a single follower who is a good distance away from you, they will not appear. If you manage to escape the cave on your own, they will eventually track you down in the wild though.

Sounds about right. The script only looks for followers that are within your current cell.

-If captured with multiple followers (I know it's not your priority, but I tested it anyway), the screen fades to black, then CTDs on trying to load the cave.

Well the CTD was certainly unexpected, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I would just think it would've run on one follower.

And that's what I came up with. I didn't have any black screen problems like bleeb had at any point, so not sure what is going on there.

If we're talking personal taste, then I'd like to see an ever so slightly thinner/more transparent cocoon so we can get a better view of the player (and perhaps later followers) struggling. Nothing drastic, and honestly I'd happily settle for what is used now, but now my opinion is out there at least.

The full cocoon is used nowhere else, I'm afraid, and this seemed like a good place to put it.

Thanks for the replies, but if you could jump to the download topic for further reports, that'd be great, because right now I'm trying to keep track of TWO topics now.

I put a linky to your expansion in my first post Kazyn!

Mebe now people will stop asking me to expand it and I won't be remembered as Miss Spiders anymore! XD

I'm still so confused why people like this "mod" but I'm happy I could start something worthwhile!

Now you'll be known as the spider mod person: have funs! ^^

lawl you were Miss Spiders? That's awesome.

I get to be the spider mod person? I'm okay with this.

Yah I met someone on STO who recognised my account name and asked me if I'm the same person who creates skyrim mods and then I said yah and then she or he went like "ooooh so you're Miss Spiders!" XD

Now I'm afraid what other things people call me behind my back! XD

Yah I met someone on STO who recognised my account name and asked me if I'm the same person who creates skyrim mods and then I said yah and then she or he went like "ooooh so you're Miss Spiders!" XD

Now I'm afraid what other things people call me behind my back! XD

lol, I've never thought of you as Miss Spiders, just awesome!  Get your ass to work and give us something more to play with.

BTW, players like this type of mod for the simple fact, "We want to see our PC in real, serious peril".  I'd like to see even more real serious situations.  But if I'm reading the modder's comments correctly, it's Bethesda's lack of cooperation that's the hold back. You would think as much money as the talented modders have made for them, they would jump at the opportunity to provide any and everything needed.

Hi everyone, I tried the last beta release (V0.9.5) on a save I had and everything works fine except one really annoying thing : The web doesn't show up.

The animations worked, being captured, brought to the cave, struggling and finally dying because of bad choices, everything else seems to work. Even the messages work fine. 

The web appears perfectly with a new game. Maybe a conflict between different mods ?

In that saved game I'm playing a male argonian character (which shouldn't really matter since it worked fine with a male nord). What could I have done wrong ? (I have of course the last ZAZ animation pack (V0054), generated FNIS (V5_0_1) and I'm using SKSE V1.7.0.  I usually install everything with NMM except for some more technical stuff like SKSE or FuzRohdo.  I installed Arachnophobia Expansion with NMM too of course.) I really think it might come from another mod but I don't know which one. Maybe my save is just a little bit corrupted :'(

Anyways I got the mod to work better with a new game :  It's a great ! it's even more intense with the Immersive First Person View mod ! If I could recommend a few things, like Nicktill I think a few options might really enhance the experience. I got easily freed from the web before being fully webed, which is perfectly normal I guess, but it's really hard for me to get free of the full cocoon once brought to the cave.  Anyways, once I finally freed myself from the cocoon I killed the spiders around, but now the wall didn't disappear... I had to disable it myself (but I guess it's still normal for a beta test).

I can't wait to get it work perfectly ;) !

I'm having a small issue with breast animations that happen when trapped. It looks something like this

http://imgur.com/1rxzuY9

Any clue what I can do to remedy this?

Disable bbp?

I'm gonna fiddle with this a little more before I go to that, I want to be able to fix this with my current settings if possible.

It looks like skeleton, BBP or hdt issue but you'll need to determine which, I don't really know lots about how these animations work

It's going to be hard to find out which, considering the fact that I have them all. Dx

• 3 months later...

Good time of day! I wanted her to install the mod on spiders here arachnophobia, but I can not reach its result. As shown in the video I was supposed to use health endurance and magic to break free but I can't do because I can't get the little window... What can I do? In a cocoon I get and can't get out

Good time of day! I wanted her to install the mod on spiders here arachnophobia, but I can not reach its result. As shown in the video I was supposed to use health endurance and magic to break free but I can't do because I can't get the little window... What can I do? In a cocoon I get and can't get out

The mod has been taken over and is now being updated by Kazyn over on this new thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28523-arachnophobia/

and how to install it properly ? tell me!!

Again you should post questions on the other thread as this one is no longer being updated and the new version of the mod is over on the other thread. As for installing it, the new one is installed like any other mod with NMM or MO.