[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

7 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

And beatings. Haha...

One also has to be unarmed as well.

Abductions happen post-assault, so you're unarmed by default. ;)

Just now, fobbadabalaba said:

RSE II esm does require a clean save when it is updated, right?

Nope.

RSE II uses smart auto-update checks. Every version I push out checks its version against what was previously installed - if they are different, it automatically updates, ingame.

Just install whatever build you want and it will take care of the rest. None of the RSE II mods will *ever* need a clean save process done on them just to update the mod.

45 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

From my understanding and from someone's mention of it, that will happen automatically upon abduction to a raider location, should one have Raider Pet installed. I need do nothing but move the player into a location that has a RefType of Boss on one of the raiders and it should just take over, while adding in my abduction stuff like free movement limits and hourly visitations.

As long as it does not include these three places: Saugus Ironworks, Combat Zone and D.B. Technical Highscool, as they are not compatible with Raider Pet. For the rest, I do not think there are going to be problems because it already worked quite well with "CSA I".

I remember that in "CSA I", during the kidnapping, there was a small space in which you could move, yes. If you went beyond that limit, the raiders attacked you. But once Raider Pet started, crossing that space no longer caused attacks.

Take your time. The good things make you wait. I have been discovering your mods little by little and I love them. :thumbsup::grin:

34 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

And beatings. Haha...

I've seen that in Skyrim they can leave whip marks on the character. I have not seen anything like it in Fallout, but it would be interesting, like "Overlays cums".

11 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I've seen that in Skyrim they can leave whip marks on the character. I have not seen anything like it in Fallout, but it would be interesting, like "Overlays cums".

Zazout has whip mark overlays. And you can do the whipping.

49 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

And beatings. Haha...

Yes, I plan to have the behavior modification (reward/penalty) stuff in there again.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Zazout has whip mark overlays. And you can do the whipping.

Yeah, I have that.  AAF wizard doesn't pick up the furniture..  for some reason, there are so many patches and with the push towards bodytalk and fusion, there is a patch system not yet completely working  :) .… yet.

John

2 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Nope.

RSE II uses smart auto-update checks. Every version I push out checks its version against what was previously installed - if they are different, it automatically updates, ingame.

Just install whatever build you want and it will take care of the rest. None of the RSE II mods will *ever* need a clean save process done on them just to update the mod.

OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! 

7 hours ago, fobbadabalaba said:

OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! 

I learned quite a lot while building the companion formerly known as "Malia". And I mean, a LOT.

But Im sure you and others have noticed that already, what with the new dialogue driven surrender system in this mod.  ;)

I always found traps an interesting way for "consequences" to kick in. Will you make something like a cryo mine that stuns/freezes you while the captors come to take the bounty, or bear traps that trap your leg until some raiders come to free you, for a price?

Of course this is not a request, I'm just asking if you find that concept interesting.

CSA v1.4 is now available to download

This update allows for sending the player to Diamond City Jail if they surrender to DC Security guards or to Minutemen.

This update REQUIRES that you update to the just-released RSE II Resources ESM v0.7!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Silk said:

Yay! Abductions seem even closer to being back into the mod - probably my favourite feature of the old mod :D

At this point, there is nothing holding me back - all of the backend is now in place via the Resources ESM v0.7, so...

My final task is to finish this mod and get it out of WIP status once and for all.

Few things I forgot to note.

1. You cannot be sent to jail if you have not met Piper yet and gotten into Diamond City.
  2. You cannot be sent to jail if MS16 is running, where you need to get that dude out of jail for Bobbi No-Nose.
  3. You can only be sent to jail when surrendering to Diamond City Security or Minutemen.
  4. There are no bounty hunters in this equation. Nor is there a karma system in place.

Oh and... it begins.

image.png.12028f1b34f38851287cdfe0838b8d18.png

Looking at the old Monsignor Plaza Abduction Event script from the original RSE to see how things were done - it was quite different to the minor abductions that followed in many ways. I have found a few things that there is no way for me to replicate without editing every single abduction location, which I wont be doing. The biggest thing is that I cannot simply add a locked chest to the location that requires a specific key - I can add a chest sure, I can even lock it - papyrus allows for this stuff, but if I specify to lock it in a way that requires a key, there is no papyrus command to specify the key; its a limitation that is clearly noted on the CK Wiki.

That said, I can simply use the existing chest and make it inaccessible to the player until the cell Boss is dead. It will kind of mimic the fact that you need to kill them to get the key from them, so you can unlock the chest. Its not much of a change from the old way of doing it in Monsignor Plaza, just slightly altered to make it conflict/override free and accessible to every kidnapping location.

Aside from that, everything will be the same. Safe movement range. Visitations from captors. Dialogue. Rewards and beatings based on the dialogue. Provided bed at intervals. Of course, food and water can only be obtained via the behavior modification responses during visitation dialogue.

All of this say, things are already well under way and I am actively writing the papyrus scripting to handle the player's abduction events.

Going with the above, I have found the way to do this without having cell overrides.

Basically, the problem of storing your gear in the boss level chest at a kidnapping site is that these chests are flagged as RESPAWN. This means the chest will always empty itself out and then repopulate loot inside of it. And if your stuff happens to be in it when it respawns, you lose everything. We don't want this. The way I worked around that before was adding a NON-respawning chest directly into the cell in the CK, which of course meant a cell edit. We don't want this. Furthermore, as I said above, the chest I added could be locked and require a very specific key to open it, meaning lock picking would never work, so you'd need to kill the key holder in order to unlock it. Can't do this via papyrus.

So what I have done is to have a non-respawning chest placed into the exact location of the original boss trunk, matched its position and orientation and then I make the original trunk invisible and lock the newly placed non-respawning chest. Following this, the actor who is the "key holder", the boss level NPC, is registered for a death event, so that when they die, the script will unlock the chest for the player, mimicing the old "kill the dude, get the key, unlock the chest" actions of Monsignor Plaza event. Works like this:

Function HandleChest()
    ObjectReference Original = abPlayerContainer.GetReference() as ObjectReference
    PrisonerChest = Original.PlaceAtMe(RSEII_CSA_PrisonerTrunk)
    PrisonerChest.SetPosition(Original.GetPositionX(),Original.GetPositionY(),Original.GetPositionZ())
    PrisonerChest.SetAngle(Original.GetAngleX(), Original.GetAngleY(), Original.GetAngleZ())
    Original.Disable()
    PrisonerChest.Lock(true)
    PrisonerChest.SetLockLevel(254)
EndFunction

Function RegisterBossDeath()
    Actor Boss = abPlayerBoss.GetActorRef()
    RegisterForRemoteEvent(Boss,"OnDeath")
EndFunction    

Event Actor.OnDeath(actor akSender, actor akKiller)
    PrisonerChest.Lock(false)
EndEvent

Basically, the script sequentially HandlesChest() and then RegisterBossDeath(), so that when he dies, the chest unlocks. Lock level 254 means inaccessible, as in, it can't be unlocked, but of course, once dude dies, the lock is opened and the contents of the chest are then accessible, so you can get your gear back. Once you have everything and close the chest, it will then perform a function to make the original chest visible again and then it will delete itself from the game. In this way, the cells are returned to their normal state, without added items in them.

Pretty much, it is the same flow of events as in the Monsignor Plaza event, just handled a little differently from a scripting method, rather than cell-edit method.

Player Abduction Update:

Ive got some of the more complex code done now:

• Moving the player to the abduction location.
  • Handling the chest.
  • Handling the key holder.
  • Handling storing players items in the chest.
  • Handling what to do with companions upon player abduction.

That last one, relating to companions, needs some notes:

• You have two options: companions are dismissed to home location when you are abducted or ONE companion can be abducted too.
  • The mod accounts for three companions. In any case, if there is companion two and three, they will always be dismissed to home location.
  • If you want companion to be abducted too, you have a chances slider to see if they come with you or go somewhere else.
  • If they come with you, they are blocked from activation until the boss has been killed (key holder NPC).
  • If they go somewhere else, the functionality of that scenario remains unchanged from the normal companion abduction quest.
  • If for any reason there is failure of companion abduction scripting, they will simply be dismissed to home location.

Remaining work to be completed for player abductions:

• Handling of sleeping bag allocation, so player can sleep a little when abducted (for survival or advanced needs players). DONE
  • Handling of safe movement distance. DONE
  • Handling of visitation by captors for fun times. Note, if you are sleeping, this will force you awake.
  • Handling of behavior modification rewards and punishments (food or beatings). DONE
  • Handling of being dumped into the Commonwealth after 'x' amount of days. DONE
  • Handling of initial plea with CSA rapist, to prevent abduction, sell companion into abduction, etc.
  • Handling of revenge quest to come back and kill the above noted CSA rapist for selling you into captivity.
  • Add a RealHandcuffs option, so you can begin captivity handcuffed. DONE
  • Add hardcore option, that spawns extra hostiles at the abduction location.

I know it seems a lot that remains, but that code is more or less done already in the various other versions of RSE. I need simply copy it and adapt it to the new RSE II spec. The biggest amount of work will be crafting the dialogue for the three quests that need it (Abduction Rapist, CSA Plea Rapist and the Revenge Quest). It is not outside possibility that the first release of Player Abductions could be this weekend, if not sooner, knowing me. More later...

22 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

At this point, there is nothing holding me back - all of the backend is now in place via the Resources ESM v0.7, so...

My final task is to finish this mod and get it out of WIP status once and for all.

Yay!

I can't wait. AAF is good, don't get me wrong, but the added abduction scenario always added that little extra something. And with Raider Pet added on top it looks like there is a good amount of outcomes to a bad situation.

I had some thoughts, but the majority of them have been answered in your above post. However, a few still remain:

1 - How are you handling which companion gets abducted? Is it in the order that you recruited them, able to be set in MCM or just randomised?

2 - Is the dumped into the wasteland end event the only eventual outcome (aside from escape), or will the chance to be rescued make a return?

3 - What are the chances for a companion abduction taking place, then you yourself getting abducted at a later time and both ending up in the same location?

4 - I can't remember from the original mod - but does the abduction stuff also include Super Mutants?

And lastly, as a curious thought, would it ever be possible with this mod to build custom locations for abductions? For example: for the most part you get the regular scenario, but once in a blue moon you get a custom made location (say, on a floating ship in the ocean somewhere) that maybe even triggers a quest for you to get into?

2 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Handling of behavior modification rewards and punishments (food or beatings).

I have a question. Previously, the captor put food and water into the character's inventory. But, being handcuffed, the character can not access the inventory. Do you know if it is possible for the captor to give her a drink directly, or give her to eat directly? At least, apply the beneficial state of hydration or feeding.

20 minutes ago, Silk said:

Yay!

I can't wait. AAF is good, don't get me wrong, but the added abduction scenario always added that little extra something. And with Raider Pet added on top it looks like there is a good amount of outcomes to a bad situation.

I had some thoughts, but the majority of them have been answered in your above post. However, a few still remain:

1 - How are you handling which companion gets abducted? Is it in the order that you recruited them, able to be set in MCM or just randomised?

2 - Is the dumped into the wasteland end event the only eventual outcome (aside from escape), or will the chance to be rescued make a return?

3 - What are the chances for a companion abduction taking place, then you yourself getting abducted at a later time and both ending up in the same location?

4 - I can't remember from the original mod - but does the abduction stuff also include Super Mutants?

And lastly, as a curious thought, would it ever be possible with this mod to build custom locations for abductions? For example: for the most part you get the regular scenario, but once in a blue moon you get a custom made location (say, on a floating ship in the ocean somewhere) that maybe even triggers a quest for you to get into?

1. Recruitment order doesn't matter. Its a function of which one is standing closest to you at the time the Reference Alias fill occurs. So random for all intents and purposes.

2. Outcomes are a) you escape without killing boss, b) you kill boss and end abduction, c) get dumped outside somewhere, d) get killed, e) get rescued (potentially).

3. Companion abduction chances were answered in the post above yours. However, again:

• You have two options: companions are dismissed to home location when you are abducted or ONE companion can be abducted too.
  • The mod accounts for three companions. In any case, if there is companion two and three, they will always be dismissed to home location.
  • If you want companion to be abducted too, you have a chances slider to see if they come with you or go somewhere else.
  • If they come with you, they are blocked from activation until the boss has been killed (key holder NPC).
  • If they go somewhere else, the functionality of that scenario remains unchanged from the normal companion abduction quest.
  • If for any reason there is failure of companion abduction scripting, they will simply be dismissed to home location.

4. Abduction is Raiders, Gunners and Super Mutants, as these are the only factions the vanilla game uses for that and to remain override free, I have to as well.

5. Yes. If someone is a smart cookie and creates their location to fit the criteria that the Dungeon Location search is looking for, it will work with ANY mod added locations. For example, if said mod author added the following criteria to their location, for raider location, this mod will pick it up as a possible location. The only thing they dont add to the location is the RSEII globalvalue - that comes from CSA.

image.png.a36899d6a888ed41edfc670bf618d2a6.png

So, if their location has keywords for LocTypeDungeon and LocEncRaiders, Location RefTypes of Boss (attached to boss NPC) and a placed CaptiveMarker (Npc prisoner mat, flagged as the CaptiveMarker reftype), it will work for this search. Only change needed is the LocEncRaiders, changing for LocEncGunners or LocEncSuperMutants. The scripting will not allow anything but these three factions though, so that is a limitation that needs to be in there. But yeah, if one adds a new raider, gunner or SM location, and sets it up correctly, BOOM! Csa Abductions will pick it up and use it.

20 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I have a question. Previously, the captor put food and water into the character's inventory. But, being handcuffed, the character can not access the inventory. Do you know if it is possible for the captor to give her a drink directly, or give her to eat directly? At least, apply the beneficial state of hydration or feeding.

Oh shit... thats something I didnt consider. And I take the pipboy away from the player too. I need to rethink this now... Ill circle back. But I believe, off the top of my head, that I can make it so the food/water is auto-fed to the player, which is the simplest approach to take. And that means fixing the Imprisonment ESM scripting too... fun times.

24 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Please excuse my lazy writing - it's been a long day :(

But what I was on about was this:

Say the companion abduction happens at some point. You're just running around the wasteland and piper gets taken to Corvega for the companion abduction quest. You can't be bothered to help just right now, as that settlement really needs sprucing up. A few in game days go by and all of a sudden you end up abducted yourself after a bad skirmish. You wake up and all of a sudden - "Hey piper! How long have you been here?"

In other words - can the companion abduction quest and your own abduction, both seperately firing, converge in the same location?

28 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

5. Yes. If someone is a smart cookie and creates their location to fit the criteria that the Dungeon Location search is looking for, it will work with ANY mod added locations. For example, if said mod author added the following criteria to their location, for raider location, this mod will pick it up as a possible location. The only thing they dont add to the location is the RSEII globalvalue - that comes from CSA.

image.png.a36899d6a888ed41edfc670bf618d2a6.png

So, if their location has keywords for LocTypeDungeon and LocEncRaiders, Location RefTypes of Boss (attached to boss NPC) and a placed CaptiveMarker (Npc prisoner mat, flagged as the CaptiveMarker reftype), it will work for this search. Only change needed is the LocEncRaiders, changing for LocEncGunners or LocEncSuperMutants. The scripting will not allow anything but these three factions though, so that is a limitation that needs to be in there. But yeah, if one adds a new raider, gunner or SM location, and sets it up correctly, BOOM! Csa Abductions will pick it up and use it.

That actually sounds relatively easy.... Almost stupidly so! There must be a catch that I'm missing - last time I used the CK for anything serious was back when Oblivion was considered new.

7 minutes ago, Silk said:

Please excuse my lazy writing - it's been a long day :(

But what I was on about was this:

Say the companion abduction happens at some point. You're just running around the wasteland and piper gets taken to Corvega for the companion abduction quest. You can't be bothered to help just right now, as that settlement really needs sprucing up. A few in game days go by and all of a sudden you end up abducted yourself after a bad skirmish. You wake up and all of a sudden - "Hey piper! How long have you been here?"

In other words - can the companion abduction quest and your own abduction, both seperately firing, converge in the same location?

That actually sounds relatively easy.... Almost stupidly so! There must be a catch that I'm missing - last time I used the CK for anything serious was back when Oblivion was considered new.

1 . I see where you were heading. The short answer is yes. There is nothing to block you both ending up at the same place, even if it is days apart.

2. No catch, it is that simple. Create the new LOCATION form, assign it to the custom made CELL and then give it the two keywords (LocTypeDungeon and LocEncRaiders). Once you place your NPC in the cell, you edit them and give them the LocRefType of BOSS. And then in that cell, you drag an NPCPrisonerKneel furniture form and place it, editing it to add the LocRefType of CaptiveMarker. Literally, that is all there is to it. Anything else that is done to the cell is just icing and eye candy, Using this formula, you could convert ANY location, vanilla or mod-made, to be an abduction site - provided again, that it is a raider, gunner or super mutant site, simply by adding the two keywords to the location, and then ensuring there is a reftype of BOSS on one NPC and a captive marker.

For example, look at this location, Charleston Drug Den.

image.png.784a2146344c38874285aa006d50ce97.png

See the two keywords, Dungeon and EncRaiders. Plus on the right, you will see BOSS and CAPTIVEMARKER.

Provided you edit any location and then see it looking like this after adding a boss NPC and a captive marker to a cell, youre golden.

Thanks for the reply Flashy!

Might have to fire up the CK at some point and make some custom locations from the ground up for this mod - assuming you're okay with that? Been meaning to get back into modding for a while.