[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

25 minutes ago, Silk said:

Thanks for the reply Flashy!

Might have to fire up the CK at some point and make some custom locations from the ground up for this mod - assuming you're okay with that? Been meaning to get back into modding for a while.

You dont need to add them to this mod though.

Just create a blank esp and load it into the CK. Modify some vanilla locations, per the instructions I gave and then save that mod - custom kidnap location ESP. And then you could share that with the world. Hell, you could use that ESP to craft a series of locations... just as a way to nudge you into some funtimes! 

For real though, thats actually an interesting idea. Literally anyone could turn ANY raider, gunner or SM location into a kidnap spot. Or make a brand new one. Either way, this mod would pick it up as a potential site. Im envisioning an RSE II Abductions expansion pack. No scripting required. Simply make or edit a cell to add the keywords, the prisoner mat and a boss NPC. Boom! Instant location. Imagine someone making 20 or those? It literally would be an expansion...

Food for thought.

Shit! Even better??? By having reftype of BOSS on a raider location, you could also use these potential kidnap sites for RAIDER PET.

Now there is more incentive for the budding mod author that wants to try their hand at something... ;)

MINI TUTORIAL:

How to convert a non-kidnap location into one. The same principle applies if creating a NEW cell, more or less.

Step One: Look at the location in the CK. For this example, I'll use Quincy - a prime kidnap location, but oddly is not one. If you look at the location, you will see that it has three of the four requirements to be a kidnap location.

1. Keyword -> LocEncGunners
  2. Keyword -> LocTypeDungeon
  3. RefType -> Boss (we have MANY to choose from)

All this is missing, as you can see in the sorted RefType list is a CAPTIVEMARKER.

Capture.JPG.25120a40b48db98f821e7fe4be6706c2.JPG

Step Two: Load Quincy into the game viewport and find a good place to make a captive marker. I knew ahead of time that there was a cage with a sit marker in it, so went straight for it in QuincyExt04. I would not recommend using this in case a real settler spawns here, which can happen.  I just chose it as an example.

Capture2.JPG.630d8cc533a11117b60ee5d0f11984a9.JPG

Step Three: EDIT the NPCInvGroundSit reference. Highlight in the cell list and right click->edit it. Navigate to the LocRefTypes section and add the CaptiveMarker keyword.

Capture3.JPG.76c3a088bf277b786ece10a325bb3641.JPG

Step Four: Look at the Quincy location again and ensure the CaptiveMarker reftype shows in the list.

Capture4.JPG.ed2a2d6e603b4f79a8d83dafbfad75aa.JPG

Step Five: Save the mod! Then activate it - load order might be required to manage, as it alters the QuincyEXT04 cell, so lower is likely better. Either way, this is all there is to making an existing location into an abduction site. Here is my esp, as an example to follow along with, if you like.

DEMO_CSA_QuincyAbductionSite.esp

What do you do if there isnt a BOSS at the location? Simple. Find an NPC spawn marker in the cell you are editing and edit it, adding the BOSS reftype to it. That simple.

Or if making your own cell, drag an NPC flagged as bosstype already in the ACTOR list - they default to locreftype of BOSS.

If there isnt a good place to move the player/companion for prisoner stage, simply drag a kneeling, sitting, or prisoner mat furniture into the cell, and add the locreftype of CaptiveMarker to it.

That is all there is to it! Hope it helps and someone actually makes some new abductions spots!

EDIT:

Again, if you edit a LocEncRAIDER location and add a boss and captive marker to it, RAIDER PET can use it too.

AND

When you make new kidnap sites using this exact formula, Minutemen Radiant Kidnap quests can use them too!!!!!

Okay, so this just in...

Player Abductions are *mostly* functional right now.

You can be taken to a spot. You have a safe movement range. You need to kill or be killed to get away. If you leave before killing the boss, the mod asks if you want to abandon your gear or not. You can be dumped out into the world after x amount of days - same question appears, get your stuff later or abandon it. Companion is handled all through the process.

Only thing missing is the visitations / beatings and of course, how to handle eating and drinking without a pipboy - which I will do automatically. Aside from that, still need the inital pre-kidnap dialogue with CSA outcome assaulter as well as triggering that person into the revenge quest.

But really, for abductions to work, those arent needed, not really, not for testing the baseline. And the baseline shows that Player Abductions are now back and working!

I'm killing Diamond City guards like crazy (new game). I wanted to try the new mechanics of the prison. But, once the erotic scene ends, a message tells me that I have 10 seconds to run away. Inside Diamond City and outside. So far I have not been arrested. Maybe I have something wrong configured in the MCM? Everything is by default. I have installed CSA 1.4 and Resources 0.7

3 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I'm killing Diamond City guards like crazy (new game). I wanted to try the new mechanics of the prison. But, once the erotic scene ends, a message tells me that I have 10 seconds to run away. Inside Diamond City and outside. So far I have not been arrested. Maybe I have something wrong configured in the MCM? Everything is by default. I have installed CSA 1.4 and Resources 0.7

Conditions are:

• Have met Piper and Diamond City is accessible.
  • You don't have MS16 running. Shit... maybe its ALWAYS running. I need to check. This could be a problem.

EDIT:

Well fuck... its ALWAYS running. I need to fix this. Which is fine - I needed to fix auto-eating in jail anyways. Ill update when its fixed.

4 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Conditions are:

• Have met Piper and Diamond City is accessible.
  • You don't have MS16 running. Shit... maybe its ALWAYS running. I need to check. This could be a problem.

EDIT:

Well fuck... its ALWAYS running. I need to fix this. Which is fine - I needed to fix auto-eating in jail anyways. Ill update when its fixed.

No problemo, amigo. I was going to uninstall all my mods and install the basics mods, but I understand that it would be better to wait your fix.  :thumbsup:

I see that MS16=Bobby No-Nose mission

26 minutes ago, JBpy said:

Thanks! I was never so excited to go to jail.

Lemme know how it works.

Failing that, you can... console INTO the jail.

Startquest RSEII_Imprisonment_Main

The minute you close the console, the screen will fade to black and youll come to in the jail. if you have a companion and you want them in jail too, run a different quest first.

StartQuest RSEII_Imprisonment_Companions

Startquest RSEII_Imprisonment_Main

That will send you both into the jail cell, but you need to run those quests in that order via the console.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

It still does not work through a fight. But yes through the console. It's fantastic. I laughed when a guard calculated the time I had left to leave ... xD

Then I tried a Raider Pet character and it also works pretty well, they leave the collar. Unfortunately, that character is a mess. Addicted to drugs, alcohol, lost many points of charisma and could not convince the guard to leave. She will have to serve the sentence and, to make matters worse, the guards play with her (it's part of the Raider Pet mod).

Basically, I love this prison add! But I cant go to sleep in the sleeping bag because "there are enemies nearby". 

15 minutes ago, JBpy said:

It still does not work through a fight. But yes through the console. It's fantastic. I laughed when a guard calculated the time I had left to leave ... xD

Then I tried a Raider Pet character and it also works pretty well, they leave the collar. Unfortunately, that character is a mess. Addicted to drugs, alcohol, lost many points of charisma and could not convince the guard to leave. She will have to serve the sentence and, to make matters worse, the guards play with her (it's part of the Raider Pet mod).

Basically, I love this prison add! But I cant go to sleep in the sleeping bag because "there are enemies nearby". 

Probably because of the fighting. Ill look at neutralizing them - resetting faction standing, when player moves to jail. See what can be done with that... Im going to remove the Piper / Diamond City quest and MS16 too, and see how that works.

Glad you enjoyed the role playing of the jail term though! Makes it actually useful, that jail. Another thing Bethesda missed out on that I came along and capitalized on. :)

Actually. Now that I think about it - I recall this sleeping thing being an issue before, in non-hostile situations and if memory serves its because of the super mutants just beside diamond city. Hmmm.... I may have to have the guards give you nuka cola, so you can stay awake. I shall test it in a non-combat situation.

I do have a small request for some future update.

There is a guard who is very close to my character and, if he manages to speak to her when she arrives in jail, a Raider Pet dialogue begins. It is avoidable, but if it takes you by surprise, there is no turning back. That dialogue ends in an orgy inside the cell, with several guards. The problem is that when the orgy ends, all the guards leave the cell and leave the door open.

So, I can not recover my pip-boy because, when the cell is opened, the "Call Guard" option in the cell no longer appears. So, my little request is, if there is a possibility that this "Call Guard" option could also appear on the office desk (or where it seems best to you), as long as the door has been opened and we do not yet have our pip-boy back. So we could recover the pip-boy as it is originally written: with money or seducing. It is only one possible solution of the several that could work.

It's not really a big problem because it's easily avoidable. And I don't think that problem should have a high priority in your to-do list, which I imagine is gigantic. It is amazing how both mods have a realistic cohesion.

4 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I do have a small request for some future update.

There is a guard who is very close to my character and, if he manages to speak to her when she arrives in jail, a Raider Pet dialogue begins. It is avoidable, but if it takes you by surprise, there is no turning back. That dialogue ends in an orgy inside the cell, with several guards. The problem is that when the orgy ends, all the guards leave the cell and leave the door open.

So, I can not recover my pip-boy because, when the cell is opened, the "Call Guard" option in the cell no longer appears. So, my little request is, if there is a possibility that this "Call Guard" option could also appear on the office desk (or where it seems best to you), as long as the door has been opened and we do not yet have our pip-boy back. So we could recover the pip-boy as it is originally written: with money or seducing. It is only one possible solution of the several that could work.

It's not really a big problem because it's easily avoidable. And I don't think that problem should have a high priority in your to-do list, which I imagine is gigantic. It is amazing how both mods have a realistic cohesion.

Well... oddly enough, I am working on the Resources ESM right now, so looking into a secondary way to sort out your freedom can be done right now (cuz jail is part of the ESM, not CSA).

Better solution.

Added a small ObjReference script to the door. When it registers itself as opening, it will count to 30 and then automatically close itself again. :)

And as a note, now, you will be force-fed a noodlecup when it is time to eat - cures hunger and thirst - have to force-equip it due to lack of pipboy.

Also, added a refcollectionalias to the jail to scan for non-friendly NPCs and to add them to the player faction as long as you are in jail. Should make the "cant sleep with enemies nearby" thing go away.

Im about to compile and then go test. I'll update shortly.

Been some serious changes to Jailing.

1. Added a TRIGGER BOX to the actual jail cell. If you leave the jail cell, should the door be left open and you try to make a run for it, everyone in the DC Security faction goes hostile for 24 hours. Your next fine will increase by 500 caps. However, if you pay your fine and then leave the trigger, nothing happens.

2. You are auto fed the noodle bowl upon arriving at the jail and every eight hours.

3. Added a quest to pacify all hostiles near the player, hoping to allow sleeping in the sleeping bags.

4. Fixed fine paying so that it, I don't know, actually TAKES your money?!?! LOL. How could I forget that? Silly guy...

5. If the door is opened for whatever reason, it auto closes after 30 seconds. If the player should still be a prisoner, it autolocks too.

6. Altered some faction ownership of the door and sleeping bags to prevent hostility, even AFTER you pay your fine and are free. IE: Pay your fine, the door opens, you leave the cell. Thirty seconds later the door closes. Silly you, you want to open the door again. Ownership is not yours, youve broken the law and now the guards are fighting you. Had to prevent that. All of this auto-resets the next time you get sent to jail.

About to go test these things - I know autoeating works, as does auto-closing/auto-locking of door.

Player Abductions Update

• Handling of sleeping bag allocation, so player can sleep a little when abducted (for survival or advanced needs players). DONE
  • Handling of safe movement distance. DONE
  • Handling of visitation by captors for fun times. Note, if you are sleeping, this will force you awake. DONE
  • Creating dialogue and outcomes with visitor. DONE
  • Handling of behavior modification rewards and punishments (food or beatings). DONE
  • Handling of being dumped into the Commonwealth after 'x' amount of days. DONE
  • Handling of initial plea with CSA rapist, to prevent abduction, sell companion into abduction, etcDONE
  • Scripting for the post-surrender outcome pleading. DONE
  • Handling of revenge quest to come back and kill the above noted CSA rapist for selling you into captivity. DONE
  • Add a RealHandcuffs option, so you can begin captivity handcuffed. DONE
  • Add hardcore option, that spawns extra hostiles at the abduction location. DONE
  • Update the MCM with all the Player Abduction controls. DONE

Once everything is scratched off of the above list, an update will be pushed out to you all!

And yes, in case the question was on anyone's mind, there will be an option to specify the gender of your visitors while abducted.

As a further note, I reversed tack on taking away the pipboy from the player here, simply because you would be force fed every game hour otherwise. And, unlike jail, which only has one way out of the cell, to talk to the guard and get your pipboy back, abductions have multiple paths to freedom, which adds a lot of possible break points in which the pipboy may not be given back if a bug comes along. Better to just prevent fast travel and allow access to the pipboy. Especially since you might find armor or weapons in your captivity spot and need the pipboy to equip them.

At this point, if I were to call the abduction quest from the console and it started up, the player abduction scenario would play out in it's entirety - visitations, beatings, rewards, all of the escape functions, all of it - Player Abductions are DONE. All that remains is adding the stuff into the CSA Script, for surrender outcomes, to send the player into abduction - which is going to be a little time consuming because I want to do it in a slightly more efficient way than was previously handled in prior RSE CSA mods. And there is dialogue to handle here on top of that little slice of complex scripting...

RSE CSA v1.5 is now available to download!

This is the one you've been waiting for! Player Abductions are back!

Tested modestly, but could really use your input to monitor breakage. My install and mod-load is kinda clean, so I don't see all the same problems as other might. So, yeah, any feedback on anything wonky would be awesome!

32 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

RSE CSA v1.5 is now available to download!

This is the one you've been waiting for! Player Abductions are back!

Tested modestly, but could really use your input to monitor breakage. My install and mod-load is kinda clean, so I don't see all the same problems as other might. So, yeah, any feedback on anything wonky would be awesome!

Aaaannnnddddd I've just got home from work! Brilliant! Thank you Flashy! And thank you for the tutorial for the locations :D

Cant wait to try it! Your decision about the pip-boy during the kidnapping seems right to me. A small sacrifice in favor of the gameplay.

But can my character be kidnapped with handcuffs on, right? Because with the handcuffs on there is no way to access the inventory.

The captor would not have to worry if the hostage has a little thirst or hunger. But he should be interested if he sees her starving or dehydrated. So I was thinking that, if RSE can detect those conditions, the mod could send a captor to directly force a meal or a drink, so that she can improve a bit. She will not be in optimal conditions (something normal because she is kidnapped), but she will not be starving/dehydrated either.

"Take this. You're not worth much in these conditions, bitch." ?

These are the conditions of thirst and hunger in Survival.

HC _HungerEffect_Peckish [ALCH: 00000856]

HC_HungerEffect_Hungry [ALCH: 00000857]

HC_HungerEffect_Famished [ALCH: 00000858]

HC_HungerEffect_Ravenous [ALCH: 00000859]

HC_HungerEffect_Starving [ALCH: 0000085A]

HC_ThirstEffect_Thirsty [ALCH: 00000871]

HC_ThirstEffect_Parched [ALCH: 00000872]

HC_ThirstEffect_MildlyDehydrated [ALCH: 00000873]

HC_ThirstEffect_Dehydrated [ALCH: 00000874]

HC_ThirstEffect_SeverelyDehydrated [ALCH: 00000875]

29 minutes ago, JBpy said:

Cant wait to try it! Your decision about the pip-boy during the kidnapping seems right to me. A small sacrifice in favor of the gameplay.

But can my character be kidnapped with handcuffs on, right? Because with the handcuffs on there is no way to access the inventory.

The captor would not have to worry if the hostage has a little thirst or hunger. But he should be interested if he sees her starving or dehydrated. So I was thinking that, if RSE can detect those conditions, the mod could send a captor to directly force a meal or a drink, so that she can improve a bit. She will not be in optimal conditions (something normal because she is kidnapped), but she will not be starving/dehydrated either.

"Take this. You're not worth much in these conditions, bitch." ?

These are the conditions of thirst and hunger in Survival.

HC _HungerEffect_Peckish [ALCH: 00000856]

HC_HungerEffect_Hungry [ALCH: 00000857]

HC_HungerEffect_Famished [ALCH: 00000858]

HC_HungerEffect_Ravenous [ALCH: 00000859]

HC_HungerEffect_Starving [ALCH: 0000085A]

HC_ThirstEffect_Thirsty [ALCH: 00000871]

HC_ThirstEffect_Parched [ALCH: 00000872]

HC_ThirstEffect_MildlyDehydrated [ALCH: 00000873]

HC_ThirstEffect_Dehydrated [ALCH: 00000874]

HC_ThirstEffect_SeverelyDehydrated [ALCH: 00000875]

I can look into it - its complex, but I can look to see if there is a way to do it.

Speaking of handcuffs... if you cant use the pipboy when bound in Real Handcuffs, how do you access the key to open them??? Ive not played with the mod, so I dont know how it works in this regard. Just seems odd that you cant use the pipboy and thus cant select the key to use it to unlock the handcuffs.

If I knew how that worked, I may be able to rig up a system for abductions that allows a key to be found somewhere other than where I put it right now (if the mod is installed, Realhandcuffs, it adds a key to the NPC who is your kill target when in the abduction site  -the key holder if you will).

12 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I can look into it - its complex, but I can look to see if there is a way to do it.

Speaking of handcuffs... if you cant use the pipboy when bound in Real Handcuffs, how do you access the key to open them??? Ive not played with the mod, so I dont know how it works in this regard. Just seems odd that you cant use the pipboy and thus cant select the key to use it to unlock the handcuffs.

If I knew how that worked, I may be able to rig up a system for abductions that allows a key to be found somewhere other than where I put it right now (if the mod is installed, Realhandcuffs, it adds a key to the NPC who is your kill target when in the abduction site  -the key holder if you will).

Dont worry, it's not really important, I usually leave them kidnapped in 1 day and I doubt that the character even reaches those extremes of hunger and thirst in 1 or 2 days.

RealHandcuffs does not allow you to interact with almost anything or grab anything. It is very restrictive. But you can grab a key or a bobbypin and try to open the handcuffs: all that is done through interactive messages.

21 minutes ago, JBpy said:

Dont worry, it's not really important, I usually leave them kidnapped in 1 day and I doubt that the character even reaches those extremes of hunger and thirst in 1 or 2 days.

RealHandcuffs does not allow you to interact with almost anything or grab anything. It is very restrictive. But you can grab a key or a bobbypin and try to open the handcuffs: all that is done through interactive messages.

Well... abductions by default give you 2-4 bobby pins upon starting up - had to do this because some kidnap sites are behind locked doors - you also get certain door keys for certain locations because without them, you can never escape (Federal Ration Stockpile and Medford Memorial Hospital are two such places). So... if bobby pins can unlock them, you will have a chance to use them to unlock yourself.

Or maybe even that wont work. I just dont know. I guess Ill need to wait for someone to do an abduction handcuffed and tell me if its possible to get out of them while abducted. If not, I'll need to make some mechanism to allow for it. Or possibly just add a bobby pin box at the players feet upon spawning in the abduction site... as a thought.

I still do not have luck :cry: This happens to me often  (see attached video). On one occasion the dialogue began, but a message jumped. Something like "Abduction Failed. Reseting!". It was very quick to read it, but I will try to capture the image the next time.

I'm going to uninstall all my mods except what's needed ...