[mod] [Abandoned] [Rimworld] Genital support patch for Lost Forest

On 9/6/2019 at 3:38 AM, Jojotheg0dofrandom said:

I'm having an issue, it keeps saying this is and outdated version. =/
Also saying in red 'Unable to parse version string on mod  from Anonymous "Unknown"'

Is it the gender balancer or something the issue?

The date modified says these files were edited on the fifth month of this year

Do i need to delete any patches? Maybe RJW updated?

Did you put the mod in the right load order? If you add the patch before gender balancer it doesn't know how to handle the patch.

The update was just for the description of the mod, removing the third party links and re-adding current links to the original source.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Out of curiosity, does this mod remove the anesthetic effect from Foxia?  I added genitals by hand to them, and whenever something tries to breed them, they get magically anesthetized with a warning, "<x> tried to do something stupid."

2 hours ago, Xarctus said:

Out of curiosity, does this mod remove the anesthetic effect from Foxia?  I added genitals by hand to them, and whenever something tries to breed them, they get magically anesthetized with a warning, "<x> tried to do something stupid."

The patch shouldn't interfere with the surgery system in any way, since all it does is assign genders to the otherwise genderless LF monsters.

Does this only happen to those where you added genitals manually or also ones that naturally spawn?

It's not just the Foxia. It's all the LF creatures and it knocks out whatever pawn (colonist or LF creature, probably other animals too) tries to initiate the sex act. I'm not sure if it's meant to punish RJW users or keep people from breeding new LF creatures into the colony instead of doing quests, but it's starting to leak into acts that have nothing to do with them. I have a pawn on a brand new save getting anesthetized every time she jacks off, and I haven't even gotten a quest yet. 

The LF creatures I saw this happening with got their genitals through NeverLucky4Life's race support mod. I used character editor to remove their genitals in hopes they'd stop trying to hump things and they would still get knocked out. 

Full disclosure: I have an utterly stupid amount of mods because I'm a mod hoarder (the log says 400+? holy shit!) and it's probably a miracle the game will load at all. The only reason I didn't assume it was a bug was because of the "X got punished for stupid act" message that pops up every time a pawn gets knocked out. Trying to replicate my mod list really isn't worth it, even for accuracy's sake but here's the output log link. 

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/1d5cf57e100efb16bf5a4c45fa6bcc1c

Oh I'm glad its not just me getting my pawns knocked out from Lost Forest. It looks like the mod author is punishing RJW users. I manually added genitals to my Foxia and Lefca and my pawn with the zoophilia trait now basically spends all his time unconscious. I'm going to remove his zoophilia trait until a fix is found. I had come here hoping the patch might have a workaround lol.

Edit.

Just spawned all of them with dev console, gave them genitals and tried breeding them and all LF girls knock out their would be lovers lol.

Ok, it is punishing RWJ users. I decompiled the Lost Forest files and it has a Harmony patch that knocks out any pawn that attempts a RJW job to an entity that has LF in it's defName.

I think there's a way you can block that patch, but then the dev will simply add a new patch to block RJW, it'll lead to a pointless arms race and I'm not hot on the idea to pursue that.

I'll ask if anyone has a permanent solution but I'm afraid we might just be unable to lewd Lost Forest critters.

@torill I'm going to have to call hypocritical bullshit if the changes really were made to punish us sinners. I mean, all the girls' existences can be summed up with "and then someone banged a magic animal ... " We're just working with the wealth of wrong we were given. 

@bearlyAlive I'm glad the list could be of some help. It definitely proves whoever coded it was out to stop the ladies from getting lucky. I accepted that I might have to drop the mod. The girls are incredibly useful in single colonist scenarios (and those are all I seem to make) but if the mod author(s) go through this much trouble to police the way people use their stuff, it might not be worth keeping.

Edit: Well, sounds like one less mod cluttering the list then. That level of pettiness doesn't need my attention. Unless someone does make a permanent fix. Then I'll be back out of sheer spite.

@brigga I couldn't agree more and I think its stupid for mod authors to police their mods in terms of what they are being used for in game but it is what it is. I get protecting your ideas and assets etc but not saying what the users can and cannot do with them in game.

@bearlyAlive Understandable. Like you say, getting into a pissing match with the mod author is pointless. You could release just one patch and see if the author notices and if they do and alter their mod to stop you then just give up?

I have no issue not lewding them either (I have plenty of other monster girls to choose from) but the zoophilia trait doesn't let you chose what you can and cant lewd so either I have to get rid of the zoophilia trait in any pawn that has it or drop the mod. I'm not particularly keen on either options truth be told ?. Shame there's no blacklist in RJW that lets you exclude certain pawns/animals etc.

41 minutes ago, torill said:

You could release just one patch and see if the author notices and if they do and alter their mod to stop you then just give up?

I've got an idea on how I could re-enable it, but it wouldn't be too hard to circumvent. So yeah I'll try and get that working and if the author fixes it I'll stop trying.

I'll also won't upload the patch to LL, just via PM.

25 minutes ago, bearlyAlive said:

I've got an idea on how I could re-enable it, but it wouldn't be too hard to circumvent. So yeah I'll try and get that working and if the author fixes it I'll stop trying.

I'll also won't upload the patch to LL, just via PM.

That would be brilliant if you could but no worries if you can't. Thanks for all your hard work.

Alright, I've managed to create a fix, it was easier than expected. I've messaged the people who've had problems so far.

If you're having trouble with your pawns being disabled when trying to interact with lost forest critters send me a PM and I'll message you the link to the fix.

Please don't share the link as I don't want the mod author to counterpatch.

I've load my game with LF and all your add-ons with the correct order.  

Found out that Dragonia is impossible to spawn with and reproductive organs when finish the finding quest. 

Monstergirls with 'prepare carefully mod' will give the choice to have m/f monstergirls, or use dev mod to spwan.

It seems that flammelia is impossible to have baby with human but other monstergirls (except Dragonia) can do so. Even with out sexual identity.

Since Dragonia is a unique monstergirls, it is impossible to get one with dev command (can anyone change that limit?) I tried to install reproductive organ onto her but it seem not working at all. 

I donno is this happening to you all or just me?

10 hours ago, bearlyAlive said:

Yeah the Dragonia is a problem, she's not spawned like a regular pawn so my balancer doesn't seem to get to her. For why you can't add genitals manually, I don't know

It's not just genitals it's certain hediffs as well. I tried to give my Dragonia the immortal hediff from the immortals mod and it wont apply either. I removed her existing hediffs (the perfect resistance and eye of drarr) and still nothing. I suspect the author has made it so RJW (or any other mod it appears) can't add hediffs or genitals to her. I'll try sticking a bionic on her next and see how that goes.

Edit: Okay, so bionics can be applied just not hediffs or genitals (bionic genitals can't be applied either).

Lost Forest's current update appears to deliberately break all RJW stuff - wife updated and all of a sudden RJW buttons and interface vanished, all sorts of hediff exceptions were thrown...whoever went to war with him on Steam's forum didn't do us any favors.

2 hours ago, Xarctus said:

Lost Forest's current update appears to deliberately break all RJW stuff - wife updated and all of a sudden RJW buttons and interface vanished, all sorts of hediff exceptions were thrown...whoever went to war with him on Steam's forum didn't do us any favors.

Agreed. and to be honest I really don't feel like getting into a pissing contest with a bitchy little prude.

4 hours ago, Xarctus said:

I think the mod uploader accidantily uploaded a wrongly compiled version. @NeverLucky4Life did some testing and the latest version of LF still works, might have just been a temporary thing.

I think you're giving me too much credit. I barely grasp Rimworld modding myself.

As for how I learned, I followed the Rimworld modding guide on Ludeon to create my balancer, and the patch to re-enable rimworld is a simple harmony patch.

Read the harmony documentation to learn how that works.

Thanks for your modding support,

Luckly I have a 1.0 LF and your mod at same time, Guess I'm hopping back to 1.0 then. 

By looking at this upcomming battle...

Do wish to make my own verson of monster grils but im hardly know how to code that tho.......

Anyway, thank you