Guard Faction and Wandering Soldiers

Does anyone know of any mod that fixes the issue of Wandering Soldiers action like hold guards?

I.E. Hold under that you have just commited a crime in is under Stormcloak control but a wandering Imperial Patrol will attack you. If you attack opposing soldiers the guards of the other faction will help them.

I'm assuming this is a vanila issue and nothing to do with a mod on my part.

5 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Does anyone know of any mod that fixes the issue of Wandering Soldiers action like hold guards?

I.E. Hold under that you have just commited a crime in is under Stormcloak control but a wandering Imperial Patrol will attack you. If you attack opposing soldiers the guards of the other faction will help them.

I'm assuming this is a vanila issue and nothing to do with a mod on my part.

Not all of the solders are part of the guard faction, so the Imperials attacking you might be due to your status in the civil war (did you pick a side?)

If the soldiers attack you, attacking them back should not be a crime, so the hold guards should not be assisting them. Might do nothing or assist you, but if you are the victim, they should not attack you.

I don't know if that would be vanilla behavior or not, but if you post a load order list someone might recognize a mod that is creating a problem. We will also know which mods not to suggest since you already have them.

1 minute ago, karlpaws said:

Not all of the solders are part of the guard faction, so the Imperials attacking you might be due to your status in the civil war (did you pick a side?)

If the soldiers attack you, attacking them back should not be a crime, so the hold guards should not be assisting them. Might do nothing or assist you, but if you are the victim, they should not attack you.

I don't know if that would be vanilla behavior or not, but if you post a load order list someone might recognize a mod that is creating a problem. We will also know which mods not to suggest since you already have them.

Brand new character, level 1 not in civil war, try to pick a guards pocket in Dark Water crossing. Get caught, make a run for it.

Run into an imperial patrol across the bridge, they instantly turn aggressive as soon as in range (not a "Move Along" situation)

Has happened before now.

If it's not something anyone else has seen then I suspect Immersive World Encounters is the culprit.

10 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Brand new character, level 1 not in civil war, try to pick a guards pocket in Dark Water crossing. Get caught, make a run for it.

Run into an imperial patrol across the bridge, they instantly turn aggressive as soon as in range (not a "Move Along" situation)

Has happened before now.

If it's not something anyone else has seen then I suspect Immersive World Encounters is the culprit.

I have Immersive version 1.9 and haven't seen that behavior but I haven't been caught committing crimes in the wild all that much, nor have I run into patrols when doing so.

I looked at the mod in TESedit and did not seen any Imperial Soldier NPCs though they did add a faction for Solitude and Windhelm guards, but the factions are only friendly to their side of the CW, not opposing.

If that mod does it I don't know why.

Archived