UNP armors from Oldrim in UNP SE

17 hours ago, boom123 said:

So I can't just throw them into MO? It will not work that way?

Only if you want the game to crash to desktop whenever you try to load up the game. The assets need to be optimized and the plug-in needs to be changed from Form 43 to Form 44.

19 hours ago, boom123 said:

So I can't just throw them into MO? It will not work that way?

Converting armor, clothing, and weapons are super easy to convert.  I've converted many of these types of mods since I first switched to SE.  Just download this program called "SSE Nif Optimizer" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089 and the rest is self explanatory.  First unzip the armor, clothing, or weapon mod you want converted.  Unzip it to a temporary folder on your desktop.  Then open the program you just downloaded.  And just click on the browse button search for the folder with the meshes you want converted, and click select folder.  Then don't touch anything else leave the options the way they are set up.  At the bottom there is big button that says "Optimize."  Click on the button and wait a couple of seconds until it's finished and BAM!!  You just converted the meshes.  Make a copy not cut but a copy of both the meshes folder and textures folder and paste it into your Skyrim SE data folder.  Also cut the plugin file (esp) from the temp folder and paste into your data folder in your SSE directory.  Download or if you have it already open the "Creation Kit" for SE.  Load the mod wait for it to load, it takes some time.  While it's loading the mod you'll get some error messages just click "Yes to All' and continue waiting until it loads.  Once it loads don't do anything just click on the save button.  Congratulations!  You have just successfully converted your first mod.  If you want copy not cut but copy the plugin (esp) you just converted and paste it to your temp folder on your desktop.  If you would like to keep the mod for future use like a reinstallation of the game.  Zip up the Temp folder name it whatever you want just as long as you remember what the mod contains.  Then cut and paste the new zip file into a folder where you store your mods.  Now you can delete the Temp folder you created on your desktop.

If you have any questions or are confused with my directions.  Feel free to pm I will help you.

Edit:  Oh yeah I forgot to mention the bitchy part.  Make sure the armor and clothing you want converted from the original Skyrim game, make sure they don't use HDT.  If they do they won't work in SE no matter what.  Believe me I tried. 

I've been using oldrim armors in sse . I didn't touch esp's only converted nifs and all work great no ctd or anything . 

Also afew hdt smp bits worked . Cape , head accessorie , cloth on waist armor . I combined cbps and SMP . 

I have friend uses alot followers etc and he only converted nifs .

Esp's he didn't touch either . As I keep saying " experiment " 

Archived