Does the game randomly break for anyone else?

Ghoulz

I love this game. I launch it  today and the screen isn't scaling to window mode no matter what I do.  Delete oblivion.ini and generate new one. All I did yesterday was mess around in the CS messing with custom races of a mod.

Now all a sudden my game CTD upon exiting sewers. Thought might be a memory issue, but CTD with distant land disabled and low textures.

Now works with all but my shivering isles esp active through OBSE launcher with ENB active and there's pink water in the world.

Maybe it's best to just reinstall the game yet again, or do some more troubleshooting?

EDIT: Ah well one ini tweak fixed the water. Now just ponder why game felt like randomly exploding. My guess is because OBMM is not 100% stable. Dunno what else there is to do about that. Keep making changing with the CS and gotta keep moving back the esp to it's original place in the load order.

When you save a esp/esm  with CS you have to fix your load order, because the changed esp is at the end of the load order ( or a esm is the last esm in load order )

And if you use TES4LODGen and you have changed your load order you have to run TES4LODGen again or your game will CTD ( at load or after some minutes )

And if you use Tamago/Hiyoko and you change your load order you will get a message when you load the game. Then you have to reset Tamago/Hiyoko or  put all esm/esp in the old order. ( That's why I always say use Tamago/Hiyoko AFTER you have all other Mods you want and after you started Tamago NEVER change your load order. )

Think I figured it out. Well so far but I'm not done checking esps one by one.

Franceso's Creatures was causing CTA in exterior world when checked. The Magic of Google led me to a thread about it. So apparently installing the mod(some ancient version of it) also edits the ini to register the BSAs. Since I was forced to delete it to generate a new one, they were no longer listed among the BSAs.

Confused though. Why that one? I don't need MCS BSA, Midas Spells or any other BSA put in the ini.

Archived