Severe CTD issues in scrap/build mode

cossayos

18 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Did you check the event log?

Windows Start > Run > Eventvwr

Go to:  Windows Logs > Application > Scroll through the messages and try to find anything related to fallout4.

Go to: Windows Logs > System > Find any crashes or errors in hardware (video or audio) drivers.

Perhaps that will give you a clue?

I looked and it's always the same warning. I don't know how this message would be phrased in english, but it says that the display driver "nvlddmkm" stopped reacting and had to be restored.

1 minute ago, cossayos said:

I looked and it's always the same warning. I don't know how this message would be phrased in english, but it says that the display driver "nvlddmkm" stopped reacting and had to be restored.

Ok, so there's this: https://www.howtogeek.com/410077/windows-10s-stable-april-2019-update-will-cause-bsods-in-some-games/

Which could be the cause here.

Not to kick a dead horse, but this error seems like a video/driver issue.

This particular module is actually the Dekstop Manager module, pointing to something interfering.

My guess is that a clean install of your video drivers is your next best bet, let's not assume yet that your card is faulty.

How do your other games run? Can you play them longer than say.. 10 minutes?

7 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

My guess is that a clean install of your video drivers is your next best bet, let's not assume yet that your card is faulty.

How do your other games run? Can you play them longer than say.. 10 minutes?

Absolutely. I can run each and every other game without problems for hours. FO4 is the only one presenting these problems.

Btw, I don't think that it's the april update of windows. The problem exists since last fall. I didn't have a stable game since october/november.

OK, cautiously optimistic now. I could play for about 30 minutes without crashing once. What helped me was this description, if anyone else should run into this problem with the nvlddmkm-error. I applied solution 1 and solution 3. Can't say which one or if both worked the magic.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered/

Archived