[mod] [DWF Submod] Demon Kingdom

• 1 month later...

Hi, really enjoy this mod, but just wondering if more than two demon kingdoms can exist in multiplayer or does it exist as a single title that can only be acquired once. If unique, how would I go about manually changing this in the mod file, would I need to make a duplicate kingdom title that is created if the original already exists? cheers.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, shinra-sama said:

Hi, really enjoy this mod, but just wondering if more than two demon kingdoms can exist in multiplayer or does it exist as a single title that can only be acquired once. If unique, how would I go about manually changing this in the mod file, would I need to make a duplicate kingdom title that is created if the original already exists? cheers.

There is only one Demon Empire title so no two demon empires can exist at the same time. Allowing two demon empires to exist in parallel which have the full functionality of the original one would require some major work. Like creating/ copying and renaming titles for the legions, the capital holdings, the empire itself. Additionally with modifying the government and succession files. The fastest way to deal with the changes required for the events and decisions would probably be to create copies of the events and decision file modifying the triggers and id.

It would generally require some extensive work but could be possible, however I am not gonna do it myself.

Is there a way to alter this mod to launch with a smaller size realm?  I like smaller "tall" realms where basically my family controls everything.  Would be great to run this with something the size of a single kingdom.  I'll check the mod myself but I not terribly familiar with all the variables yet.

EDIT: Yeah it was super easy.  I just changed the realm size in decisions\dwdk_decisions.txt.  I seriously need to dive into the mods further!

@tarinlet me know if I can help you expand this, the Demon Kingdom is really congruent with my favored playstyle.

5 hours ago, tarin said:

There is only one Demon Empire title so no two demon empires can exist at the same time. Allowing two demon empires to exist in parallel which have the full functionality of the original one would require some major work. Like creating/ copying and renaming titles for the legions, the capital holdings, the empire itself. Additionally with modifying the government and succession files. The fastest way to deal with the changes required for the events and decisions would probably be to create copies of the events and decision file modifying the triggers and id.

It would generally require some extensive work but could be possible, however I am not gonna do it myself.

Thanks for the reply. I might give it a try in the future, if I have the time, sounds simple in theory but difficult in practice. Might be good to increase my meagre (non-existant) CK2 modding skills though.

@tarin

Another issue I faced today: I played with just LF instead of LF + DWR.  Everything seems to be good but even tho I am the Master of the Society of Seduction, I can never get this power to show in the file"

demonkingdom\decisions\dwdk_decisions.txt

#infuse your children with liliths live blood
dwdk_demon_infuse_children = {
        potential = {
            custom_tooltip = {
                text = needs_lvl_5_stage_lilith
                society_rank = 4
                society_member_of = dw_the_chosen_of_lilith

In LF, there is no society with this label.  Instead it is "lf_society_seduction".  I changed that variable and now its working on LF.

I wrote a little OR to account for both LF and DWR, here is the new code block, which starts on line 203

potential = {
            custom_tooltip = {
                society_rank = 4
                OR = {
                    society_member_of = lf_society_seduction
                }

On 11/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, tarin said:

The short answer is yes, the long answer is that you will need LF. I have thought about making to compatible with both but have decided against as it would have been too much work.

Actually if you will accept my patches, I am working on the edits which SHOULD allow the mod to work with DWR or LF.  I can see where the complexity is tho, and it might need to be two separate mods.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 5:20 AM, Galishai said:

@tarin

Another issue I faced today: I played with just LF instead of LF + DWR.  Everything seems to be good but even tho I am the Master of the Society of Seduction, I can never get this power to show in the file"

demonkingdom\decisions\dwdk_decisions.txt

potential = {
            custom_tooltip = {
                society_rank = 4

In LF, there is no society with this label.  Instead it is "lf_society_seduction".  I changed that variable and now its working on LF.

I wrote a little OR to account for both LF and DWR, here is the new code block, which starts on line 203

potential = {
            custom_tooltip = {
                society_rank = 4
                OR = {
                    society_member_of = lf_society_seduction
                }

ahh right seems like I missed that one when I updated the files for lf.

On 12/16/2019 at 5:46 AM, Galishai said:

Actually if you will accept my patches, I am working on the edits which SHOULD allow the mod to work with DWR or LF.  I can see where the complexity is tho, and it might need to be two separate mods.

If you want to do a patch or expand on the mod you are free to do so. You can even upload your own version if you like as long as you credit me.

I have generall stopped modding the game currently. I am waiting on ck3.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:09 AM, tarin said:

If you want to do a patch or expand on the mod you are free to do so. You can even upload your own version if you like as long as you credit me.

I have generall stopped modding the game currently. I am waiting on ck3.

Oh I play too much for that to happen. :)

I'll keep poking around and see what else I want to add.