Why my game stops working while playing?

Begum93

Hi. I have a problem with my game. I have installed a lot of mods and I have also Kinky Mods. But when I start to play, after 15-30 minutes the game stops working while playing. I mean, it gives warning and after the warning, the game closes automatically. When this happens, I can't save anything. I don't know the problem. But I think mods can cause a problem. So can you please check my mods? I will put their pictures here. Thanks.

sims1.jpg

sims3.jpg

sims4.jpg

sims5.jpg

sims6.jpg

sims2.jpg

I do not see anything that I am aware of that is a major conflict, but I am not an expert.

That said, I do see that you have Nraas_SleepFreedom, which you do not need to use with Kinky World installed. I do not think that it would cause your game to crash, though.

Does a crash dump file get created in your "Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" directory? This is an XML file that has useful information about every mod loaded, and possibly what was happening in the game that cause the crash to happen.

You may also want to consider installing Nraas_ErrorTrap, which can possibly catch things that would crash your game and will create error log files in your "The Sims 3" directory that can help debug errors in various mods, etc.

You have mods installed that require specific Store Items if those Store Items are not installed it will crash your game. Also if you do have said Store Items installed those mods could be outdated and that will crash your game. If those mods are up to date are you using decrapified Store Items cause those mods don't look for decrapified Store Items and that can also crash your game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 12:24 AM, namaradus said:

You have mods installed that require specific Store Items if those Store Items are not installed it will crash your game. Also if you do have said Store Items installed those mods could be outdated and that will crash your game. If those mods are up to date are you using decrapified Store Items cause those mods don't look for decrapified Store Items and that can also crash your game.

hey, Begum,

hope this message finds you well.
Namaradus is right; you should use only updated mods (their version depends on the patch version you have installed), and be aware of decrapified store items.
yet, i do suggest two things:

1. that you have your NRaas and KW transferred to the "Overrides" folder. because they are important Mods (some modules from NRaas are Core Mods as well), it's a good idea the game prioritize their loading and functioning. the "Overrides" folder sits next to the "Packages" folder — both inside the "Mods" directory;
  2. that you merge your CC packages (i see you have many of them) into fewer or even one package. such [procedure] helps to reduce lagging and crashes. you shall find info on the subject here and here.

hope this helps. cheers.

Archived