Stupid Question about Steam

walkin

8 minutes ago, walkin said:

Do you have to have Steam app running in the background to launch fallout 4 if you're using F4SE and launching that way because I'd like to just shut down the Steam app if its not needed in this case. Thnx in advance

I don't know about Fallout, but launching Skyrim with SKSE through ModOrganizer requires Steam to be running, so I'd guess the same for Fallout.  You can have open in Offline mode if you don't want to be bothered with updates or "on sale this week" promo crap.

Yup, but you can switch to offline mode if you don't wanna be bothered. Shutting Steam down glame playing should probably shut the game too, or cause it to crash. If you are worried about performances, set the Steam.exe priority to "Low" in your task manager.

13 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I don't know about Fallout, but launching Skyrim with SKSE through ModOrganizer requires Steam to be running, so I'd guess the same for Fallout.  You can have open in Offline mode if you don't want to be bothered with updates or "on sale this week" promo crap.

Thnx kinda figured as much but just wanted to see. Just not into experimenting for myself right now cause I'm using earlier version and don't want to fuck up and accidentally update and have to redo undoing everything again.

33 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Set the game to only update when you run it.  Then use F4SE to start the game and you won't ever accidentally update.

You can also as mentioned above just turn steam offline.

I have my answer thnx

1 hour ago, FairShibe said:

Yup, but you can switch to offline mode if you don't wanna be bothered. Shutting Steam down glame playing should probably shut the game too, or cause it to crash. If you are worried about performances, set the Steam.exe priority to "Low" in your task manager.

Thnx

35 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Set the game to only update when you run it.  Then use F4SE to start the game and you won't ever accidentally update.

You can also as mentioned above just turn steam offline.

You can get rid of this topic if you want. Im sure most people probably already know. Thnx

Archived