Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@fidif

Using that command in the console has been problematic in the past so i don't recommend using it. Especially for changing the race as this can corrupt your savegame.

Either use the face sculptor (in the Riften Ratway) or a housing mod that got a mirror for that (like Elianora's Breezehome). Also there's a console command that is doing that without using the racemenu at all.

Reworked parts of post #2.

Updated the specs for an inexpensive system that will run all this in full HD (Tips and Tricks).

2 hours ago, fidif said:

i installed all mods, and fucked up my game even more
is there somewhere step by step video guide for dumbfucks like me?

which part? i've made several visual guides on things like running bodyslide running fnis etc. however youtube has an excellent channel called gamers poets that will give you either a full rundown on installing several things. toni allie (i probably misspelled that) has a video on installing skse into MO2 correctly. so which part are you having an issue with. what is it doing, or not doing. 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

which part? i've made several visual guides on things like running bodyslide running fnis etc. however youtube has an excellent channel called gamers poets that will give you either a full rundown on installing several things. toni allie (i probably misspelled that) has a video on installing skse into MO2 correctly. so which part are you having an issue with. what is it doing, or not doing. 

first of all, sorry for english
to be honest probably in every part, modding never was a big deal for me - mostly because of my old pc specs - few basic texture mods and lot of armors/weapons was always enough for me, and this is my first time using mod organizer.
my first problem was with these 4 mods
Feminine Argonian Texture (Chameleon and Lizard) [CBBE]
Feminine Khajiit Textures (Grey Cat And Leopard) [CBBE]
Masculine Argonian Textures (Chameleon and Lizard)
Masculine Khajiit Textures (Grey Cat And Leopard)
for masculine it was buggy textures, but for feminine i couldn't even use them in race menu, when i tried to swap race for Argonian female or Khajiit female it was BOOM crash, after Aylis message "Either use the face sculptor (in the Riften Ratway) or a housing mod that got a mirror for that (like Elianora's Breezehome)." i tried to use mirror in Elianora's Breezehome but it was the same, change for any of these both races(females)(male was fine but it was buggy af) and BOOM crash, then i decided to check if i can at least see these races in game without crash, and it was fine, so i decided to install rest of the mods, i did that shit with dyndolod, but knowing me i fucked that up as well, and then i opened the game, and everything was fine until i tried "NEW GAME", instant crash, then i tried "CONTINUE" instant crash again, so i guess what's waiting for me now is deleting all mods, reinstalling game and trying again, but at this point i'm scared to try this on my own, so i'm looking for some guide, that's good for 2020, because i found few of them, but they were outdated

ps. few mods look like this

Screenshot_30.png

Fresh re-install.  now a new notice appear in MO's warning box..?

are those Form 43 plug-in susceptible to break the game??

Also, no clues if its related to those form 43 plugins, but whenever i load a save(newly-made from New Game with this list) all my mod config has reset and i get this bug where camera keeps switching 1st-person/3rd-person.  it stops after i re-configure the entire MCM. 

@fidif before doing a complete re-install,  the CTD from loading Khajiit/Argonian could be cause by "missing texture"  i would try to just re-install those texture and check again.  do not install them manually into your data folder, use ModOrganiser as MO uses a virtual folder, so maybe its looking there when you have them in your actual data folder

3 hours ago, fidif said:

to be honest probably in every part, modding never was a big deal for me - mostly because of my old pc specs - few basic texture mods and lot of armors/weapons was always enough for me, and this is my first time using mod organizer.
for masculine it was buggy textures, but for feminine i couldn't even use them in race menu, when i tried to swap race for Argonian female or Khajiit female it was BOOM crash, after Aylis message "Either use the face sculptor (in the Riften Ratway) or a housing mod that got a mirror for that (like Elianora's Breezehome)." i tried to use mirror in Elianora's Breezehome but it was the same, change for any of these both races(females)(male was fine but it was buggy af) and BOOM crash, then i decided to check if i can at least see these races in game without crash, and it was fine, so i decided to install rest of the mods, i did that shit with dyndolod, but knowing me i fucked that up as well, and then i opened the game, and everything was fine until i tried "NEW GAME", instant crash, then i tried "CONTINUE" instant crash again, so i guess what's waiting for me now is deleting all mods, reinstalling game and trying again, but at this point i'm scared to try this on my own, so i'm looking for some guide, that's good for 2020, because i found few of them, but they were outdated

Screenshot_30.png

I'm american and my english is probably worse.. "murica" ?

the red x is telling me it was installed incorrectly. how many of your mods are like that? are the "beast races" texture mods giving you issues. I am not having the issue you are so it's an incorrect install. Let me send you my zip files of the same ones already installed, It should cut down on things like not setting the date folder when you install correctly (if that was it) 

Overwrite your other installs of the same mods when prompted. 

Follow this video to make sure you installed mo2 and at least your first mod correctly. Except for the enb you should not be installing ANY mods into the data folder of your skyrim.  

Spoiler

3 hours ago, fidif said:

Screenshot_30.png

If you get this then MO2 doesn't recognize that mod. So something went wrong and the mod isn't installed correctly. Might be the download itself.

Re-installing should fix it. Worst case you have to re-download it again.

42 minutes ago, Dpstyle said:

Fresh re-install.  now a new notice appear in MO's warning box.. 

are those Form 43 plug-in susceptible to make the game crash?

Nope. SE works with 43 (code for LE) and 44 (code for SE) as long as the files, that needed to be converted, were converted correctly. 

I marked the working mods for Oldrim that we use in the list.

19 minutes ago, Dpstyle said:

i am sure i have used the links in the current modlist lol 

I may have had an issue with that as well, may explain why i have improved camera rather than JOP. I actually did not remeber what mod i had installed until i went looking in MO2 for JOY and it couldn't find it. but the bugs list is 74 posts and at tleast the first page most are 6-7 months old and not even set as a problem, no posts from the author, nada.

14 hours ago, fidif said:

Screenshot_30.png

I had a similar problem with that unistall mod for mod i found houres later it was a single mod realistic haircolouers i don't know if you use this mod but in my case it helpt me to delete it. BTW Aylis thank you so much for this guide i have now 657 mods installed and all is well and smooth =^.^=

22 hours ago, Zerugadis said:

I had a similar problem with that unistall mod for mod i found houres later it was a single mod realistic haircolouers i don't know if you use this mod but in my case it helpt me to delete it. BTW Aylis thank you so much for this guide i have now 657 mods installed and all is well and smooth =^.^=

657 mods.. holy shit....

Skyrim 3D Landscapes updated and includes two completely new trees. I thought it worth mentioning, because I figure these will need to be re-examined.

For those struggling with or generally worried about textures, CleverCharff has added 1K versions of all of their mods.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Skyrim 3D Landscapes updated and includes two completely new trees. I thought it worth mentioning, because I figure these will need to be re-examined.

You're right on that one and i'm already on it. ;)

@All

Please wait a day or two before updating. I got another texture pack from CleverCharff i want to include and i'm also reworking the snow and some other small things. I'm on my 258th rerun of DynDOLOD. No need for you to get to this number too...

On 5/31/2020 at 4:18 AM, jaeos said:

which part? i've made several visual guides on things like running bodyslide

I found the one you made for DD using lustrous armor as an example. If there is another one for bodyslide I would appreciate it because I don't really understand why should I use it for other thing than that. The guide says:

"I usually run Bodyslide several times. The purpose of this is to adapt the physics to the equipment my character is wearing. I simply don't like the look of the heavy plate armor using the same physics as a robe.
1. Body                                         : Body, Hands, Hands Beast, and Feet

2. Nude form plus physics           : Devious devices.

3. Changed form plus physics      : Clothing and Armor.

4. Changed form and no Physics : Heavy Armor in the body location.

I've included a file which contains (where possible) all this for the armors in the list further below."

I watched some vids but even after that I have no idea what the thing wrote above means or how to apply it. Still too dumb for this lol.
I made a new game using the vanilla start just to check out the v2.1.6 mods. Turns out that Jampion NPCs causes a LOT of black faces, removing it fixed it.

Also the vanilla start is quite bugged after you stand up when Alduin appears and shout. The UI dissapears and you can't move. The problem seems to be related with your character being tied. Found out a workaround for that, just use the command Enableplayercontrols everytime the UI dissapears and you get stuck (which will happen a lot of times). Then just move like you would do in a normal gameplay and enter the fortress at Helgen, then wait for the NPC of the side you chose to untie you and after that everything will go normally. Avoid using any other command like tcl or related to player idle/animation, as that will break the prologue quest very hard. Couldn't find the mod causing the problem though.

Lastly, which mod gives the female character pubic hair besides "The Painted Lady - Color-Matching 3D Pubic Hairs"? It's very bushy and independent from that mod and I have no idea how to remove it :(

This is what I'm talking about

Spoiler

dassaddas.png.850368f28937ad9a270a569e79df0afb.png

@fataliss

1. Thats why i added the files. Alternatively you could read the guide i linked to.

2. That can happen if you don't follow its instructions precisely (its in the description of the mod).

3. That can be anything as that part is very sensitive when it comes to mods. With 'alternate start' the guy with the list might show up later but thats all i know of.

4. That looks painted on (aka a texture for the skin).

So im puzzled again lol.  tried all the "fix" i could find, even a total wipe and re-install but still get that issue where whenever loading a save (newly made or old save) all mods are reset and and re-initializing as if they were just installed for the first time, that also seems to be what breaks the dripping mod. it also causes progress loss in everything from mods.  i.e. Saved  game on 8th day of pregnancy, died to a vampire attack, it reloaded the game from last save but no longer pregnant as Fertility Mod (and all others) were reinitializing, lost the Sthalrim armor/weapon she was wearing on the save due to it being added by Justice Sthalrim too. tried reloading previous save on 5th day of pregnancy with the same results.. im running 378 active plugins and 238 ESPs  (so its not a cap thing, as reading online said limit is 450 plugins and 255 ESPs, unless i got that wrong ?)

13 hours ago, Aylis said:

@fataliss

1. Thats why i added the files. Alternatively you could read the guide i linked to.

2. That can happen if you don't follow its instructions precisely (its in the description of the mod).

3. That can be anything as that part is very sensitive when it comes to mods. With 'alternate start' the guy with the list might show up later but thats all i know of.

4. That looks painted on (aka a texture for the skin).

1. Gotcha

2. Yea noticed the ESPs were at the end, bad mistake. Now it works perfectly.

3. I found out that too, but just wanted to share a workaround for anyone who is interested.

4. Not painted, 3D. Turns out it's just the SOS configuration for my character, changed it at the MCM and the problem is gone :)

20 hours ago, fataliss said:

I found the one you made for DD using lustrous armor as an example. If there is another one for bodyslide I would appreciate it because I don't really understand why should I use it for other thing than that. The guide says:

"I usually run Bodyslide several times. The purpose of this is to adapt the physics to the equipment my character is wearing. I simply don't like the look of the heavy plate armor using the same physics as a robe.
1. Body                                         : Body, Hands, Hands Beast, and Feet

2. Nude form plus physics           : Devious devices.

3. Changed form plus physics      : Clothing and Armor.

4. Changed form and no Physics : Heavy Armor in the body location.

I've included a file which contains (where possible) all this for the armors in the list further below."

I watched some vids but even after that I have no idea what the thing wrote above means or how to apply it. Still too dumb for this lol.
I made a new game using the vanilla start just to check out the v2.1.6 mods. Turns out that Jampion NPCs causes a LOT of black faces, removing it fixed it.

Also the vanilla start is quite bugged after you stand up when Alduin appears and shout. The UI dissapears and you can't move. The problem seems to be related with your character being tied. Found out a workaround for that, just use the command Enableplayercontrols everytime the UI dissapears and you get stuck (which will happen a lot of times). Then just move like you would do in a normal gameplay and enter the fortress at Helgen, then wait for the NPC of the side you chose to untie you and after that everything will go normally. Avoid using any other command like tcl or related to player idle/animation, as that will break the prologue quest very hard. Couldn't find the mod causing the problem though.

Lastly, which mod gives the female character pubic hair besides "The Painted Lady - Color-Matching 3D Pubic Hairs"? It's very bushy and independent from that mod and I have no idea how to remove it :(

This is what I'm talking about

Reveal hidden contents

dassaddas.png.850368f28937ad9a270a569e79df0afb.png

You should use bodyslide for EVERY PIECE OF CLOTHING. As Aylis stated in the guide, each group does something a little different. group 1 is the standard nude body, hands, and feet. (this is where you build the body you see when you are naked.) This is where i use the special physics body. Use the full physics in group 2 as well (when you batch build usually you have 2 options per outfit, one with physics, one without. 

group 3 is still full physics but you can be more selective as to what you have the physics with (no physics on a jarls robes (damn things are heavy) but bouncy physics on the wench outfit "also called the barmaid outfit")

Group 4 is zero physics.

I have an athletic build preset i use that started as the standard cbbc body but uses the 3bbb bones. So every group is built to the same preset.

@Aylis should change the word change form to clothed or clothing (or cloth and light armor) and then just the body and boots for heavy armor for zero physics, so when your pc kneels the knee guards dont bend around the leg like a pair of pants. 

Painted lady had some very... unique... pubic hair styles. Even after installing the aylis skin without the pubic hair i still have it, so no airplane stripes on  the pubes for me.. ?