Retro game nude hacks/mods

4 minutes ago, airaustin200 said:

S

SpriteSomething doesnt register all the sprites like smile in tlp so im thinking it might have to do with rendering of 2 different softwares that render the sprites differntly cause in game glitches so i think sprite something is just design for the base game mechanics and not modified ones. Have you tried to use just plain justin baileys patch used from smile in tlp????

I am an absolute caveman, trying to put sticks and stone together hoping for something to work. I have no knowledge in terms of making/editing something in Smile.

What I know is I've tried to patch your part 2 nude mod smc with your finale ips and it gets the glitch. And I played HyperMetroid patched with your SpriteSomething png just fine. Vitality is kind of fucked with SpriteSomething though.

I don't know what is wrong, hell I don't even know what tlp means.

2 hours ago, virtt said:

I am an absolute caveman, trying to put sticks and stone together hoping for something to work. I have no knowledge in terms of making/editing something in Smile.

What I know is I've tried to patch your part 2 nude mod smc with your finale ips and it gets the glitch. And I played HyperMetroid patched with your SpriteSomething png just fine. Vitality is kind of fucked with SpriteSomething though.

I don't know what is wrong, hell I don't even know what tlp means.

So good news i figured out the issues its the spritesomethings sprite layout see the game goes on a specific spritesheet layout and spritesomething has a total different sprite layout than the sprite sheet if you use a pallete from smile which is the actual games spritesheet on the program tile layer pro thats why when you use airaustins200 nude mod 2.0 my previous naked mod it works with no issues.... Also always start a new game when applying patches hope this helps!!!!!

16 minutes ago, airaustin200 said:

So good news i figured out the issues its the spritesomethings sprite layout see the game goes on a specific spritesheet layout and spritesomething has a total different sprite layout than the sprite sheet if you use a pallete from smile which is the actual games spritesheet on the program tile layer pro thats why when you use airaustins200 nude mod 2.0 my previous naked mod it works with no issues.... Also always start a new game when applying patches hope this helps!!!!!

But it has issues...? Wait did I messed up my reply? ESL sorry.

Basically it goes like this:

- Magaluf.smc + Nude Mod Finale.ips = glitch.

- Nude Mod 2.0.smc + Nude Mod Finale.ips = glitch.

- HyperMetroid.smc + Nude Mod Finale.ips = glitch.

- HyperMetroid.smc + SpriteSomething.png = works.

- Vitality.smc + SpriteSomething.png = glitch.

I have 0 idea how either spreadsheet works...

The Samus sprites in the GBAtroids are a garbled mess, so I'd recommend not touching them until the one guy on MetroidConstruction posts his MAGE 2 editor that may come out later this year. I'll just toss my nude Fusion death patches from last year here. There are 4 patches for the 4 regions of the game since the graphics are in different spots. The original Chinese release also has the gallery available on the main menu after you beat it unlike the other ones.

3818324_MetroidFusion-NudeDeath(U)-0.png.6cd143c80d37a26de64a3d0e80cef3ea.png

827314748_1073_Kofex2Hack_2016-4.png.8774b5334e9af6cded5b0413d771efd9.png

The other thing is a patch for The King of Fighters EX2 (U) for GBA that I couldn't find for a while. It adds 6 characters, technically 5 since the other one is this mostly nude copy of Mai with the same(?) moveset. They're off-screen on the selection screen, so just go up or down to select them. The character select screen is kinda buggy due to this, but it doesn't seem to crash anything.

If you want to do GBA graphics in general, character sprites are usually uncompressed, so just look for those in YY-CHR, Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester (most recent version of TM is by toruzz on GitHub). If they're compressed, you can try to use GBA Graphics Editor to find them, export a file that you can edit with those other editors, and then import them with GBA Graphics Editor. This will typically support around ~70-90% of the GBA games you come across. I know it doesn't work with Golden Sun or Tomb Raider - The Prophecy.

390589244_SonicGBA.png.153cf993a95753ec34085c79572b7d03.png

When you open a ROM with it, there will be Re Scan & Deep Scan options under File. You'd want to click those to make sure. Under Windows, you'd mostly want to open the two in the pic, and sometimes you have to change the 4bit option to something else to view the graphics. Most graphics are usually near the end of the ROM, and most of the things you'll scroll through aren't actually graphics. The best thing to do is type a large number like 10000 in the "Compressed controls" section and just click down or up. If it's higher than the last location, it'll jump down to it.

DBZSSW.png.3ae5fce2bd373e49e6f32ec376805a32.png

When you find what you're looking for, click Raw dump, save it (it'll be .gba by default and other people use .gfx, doesn't matter), edit it, click Load raw and then there's 2 save options under File. You shouldn't save if you get the error that the edited file is larger as you might break something. It's also possible that if you put a smaller file in, and then try to overwrite that one and get the error message, that it'll be larger than the new file but may also have been smaller than the original. Make sure to always import into an unmodified location to avoid this, so keep backups when testing.

53577185_ZMgallery.png.72e22636fcbb6162a8555e2e7dfccd34.png

There's also the locations of basically all the compressed graphics locations in Fusion & ZM in LibreOffice/Excel sheets attached. The current version of MAGE can also import & export the graphics, but you still need to give it the exact locations. The gallery images all have a top & bottom location. You'll notice blotches in the pic, because these use multiple palettes. Have fun.

GBA Graphics Editor & other things:

forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/26913-nintenlords-hacking-utilities/

Decent starting point for locating palettes:

forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/29625-how-to-find-most-palettes-in-the-rom/

Metroid Fusion - Nude Death.zip 1073_Kofex2 Hack_2016.zip GBATroid Compressed Graphics Locations.zip GBA Graphics Editor.zip

Edited by Weretindo

what could be the problem to is over patching i think? i tried the super metroid naked 2.0 by me and it work on hyper metroid and thanksgiving metroid perfectly... But thats using the ips patch 1 time... and using the proper spritesheet layout table instead of spritesomething... Also ima take a picture of the sprite sheet table so you can see how different the layouts are and how it could be effecting the games memory or engine... Check this out!!! 

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

15 hours ago, z3r0theshadowblade said:

not gonna lie i would be interested to see someone mod the metroid games to allow for some nsfw gameplay elements

We've got nude Samus now. What do you mean by "nsfw gameplay elements"?

On 7/5/2022 at 5:17 PM, airaustin200 said:

what could be the problem to is over patching i think? i tried the super metroid naked 2.0 by me and it work on hyper metroid and thanksgiving metroid perfectly... But thats using the ips patch 1 time... and using the proper spritesheet layout table instead of spritesomething... Also ima take a picture of the sprite sheet table so you can see how different the layouts are and how it could be effecting the games memory or engine... Check this out!!!

Do you know how to unscramble the image when game memory/engine kicks in? I tried extracting sprites from other game and got images like this i need to undo

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo...

Jump King can now be modded.

Not super retro, but it's pixelated, and doesn't have that many sprites.

527701770_StewJump.png.2af2ef961c1b2817b1f3eafa637ca403.png1583683132_StewJump3.png.18190f53b9bc51032e477e866b7ef14a.png1382474885_StewJump2.png.2e1056be73c7831bd65f3f1119b09206.png

It's rage-inducing, but super fun and lots of personality. This is my mod.

Buy the game on Steam, then make it moddable with this: https://jumpkingplus.github.io/

Oh, and this mod is a pixelated version of Stew (female Soups) from SuperiorFox.

Naked Stew.zip

• 4 weeks later...

tlp.png.903fca3d049d1ce74fa6af63873b8a30.png

I'm mostly just doing NES Gotta Protectors right now, but I kinda hate attempting to draw anything. I thought I'd just mention that if anyone posts a nude sprite sheet of something, I'll look into putting it in. I can do NES pretty easily, so it can be either a nude edit of the sheet or a new character. Just make sure it fits within the tile limit, and you can change the palette to whatever. If you're editing nude SNES and GBA sheets, try to not change the character palettes. I can probably find GBA, but I don't want to.

I'm willing to do these in particular, but this sprite place is terrible, and they don't always have every sprite.

Teen Titans (Starfire and/or Raven) - spriters-resource.com/game_boy_advance/teentitans/

Power Rangers (either female) - spriters-resource.com/snes/mightymorphinpowerrangers/

Power Rangers - Fighting Edition (Lipsyncher) - spriters-resource.com/snes/mightymorphinpowerrangersthefightingedition/

Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA (Candy Kong)

Mega Man Zero (Ciel/Leviathan) - spriters-resource.com/game_boy_advance/mmzero/

I haven't looked into the other 3 Zero games, Power Rangers - The Movie or Teen Titans 2 to see where the sprites are, yet. Ciel's sprite sheet on here was missing most of them, so I did a new one. The other character seems correct but was added for the hell of it. I decided to redo DKC2 Candy Kong, and the one on there had a duplicate sprite.

ciel.png.cb192068c56cf18188ff03ab239084c1.png

candy.png.48edb56b1d50fdc1efb5b052c67c46e7.png

mgbaspr.png.2bb2e5a51a64cf027e01a3d500609e2d.png

If you want to make a sprite sheet, just use any image editor like GIMP or whatever. I use GraphicsGale mostly.

To do GBA sprite rips easily, open mGBA and go to Tools > Game state views > View sprites. The Copy button copies the sprite piece to the clipboard so you can just paste it into any generic image editing software and put the pieces together. You should use the grid layout to line up the sprites, and it's best to leave the full 8x8 tiles with a separate color from the background and stay within them when you're editing. You'll want to use the emu's Ctrl+P Pause and Ctrl+N Next frame functions to find the sprites in-game. It makes it easier to see on-screen sprites by going to Audio/Video > Video layers and disabling the Background tiles.

I'm not too sure of an easy method for NES and SNES, and I'm not sure how many games will have sprites I can do. I couldn't find Videl's sprites for DBZ Buu's Fury, and if anyone did Dixie Kong for DKC2 GBA, that would probably take over a month to put them in, and I'm not willing to do it.

Of course, you should still post any nude sprite sheets here, on Pixiv and/or some other site.

I kinda wish I had an archive of these things to use.

Edited by Weretindo
On 7/2/2022 at 8:56 AM, airaustin200 said:

It is finally done check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super Metroid last Nude Mod finally is my dream come true!!!!!

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

AirAustin200SuperMetroidAll!.rar 36.07 MB · 240 downloads

Absolutely incredible work. I've got to be honest, I've never finished a Super Metroid playthrough. But this is going to make it that much more enjoyable. 

Wondering if there would be a way to add a bit of story to the into to give us a reason why our heroine is kicking ass in the buff. Maybe change some of the opening text to say she had a suit malfunction before rushing to the space colony. I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to rom hacking so this is all magic and witchcraft to me lol

On 10/31/2021 at 5:00 PM, metal64 said:

Here, all the nude roll chan hacks for nes

It'd be amazing if someone would do the same for Roll Chans 7 and 8. There doesn't even seem to be any hacking required since as far as I can tell the sprites are just sitting there in the game folders (as .bmp files), to be easily edited. Might as well link them in case anyone's interested in taking a crack at it.

and

(Downloads in the description for each video)