How to install Devious Devices 4.2 SE and Deviously Cursed Loot 7.3 SE (beta/experimental)

How to install

Devious Devices 4.2 SE and Deviously Cursed Loot 7.3 SE (beta/experimental)

There's a lot of confusion on what to install to get a working Devious Devices/Deviously Cursed Loot setup with SE. For your convenience, I list all the necessary and recommended packages here. The list is based on Pfiffy's conversions of the devious mods and uses the CBBE body.

This is a beta/experimental setup. Some stuff doesn't work as expected yet, most notably BodySlide/SMP is largely a work in progress.

My thanks and appreciations to the mod authors and everyone else doing the hard work.

Requirements

SexLab

Devious Devices

Deviously Cursed Loot

Notes

* TODO - It works for me, your mileage may vary

What about the other patches made by pfiffy? From what I understand you either use the hotfix or the other patches, but I'm not entirely sure. 

Also, there are quite a few items like the latex gloves that either don't have bodyslide support or other issues. I'm really considering learning how to make those bodyslide compatible.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:19 AM, Pfiffy said:

We are working on it so it is only posted on the SMP thread for now. The prisoner chains are still critical. To play save I suggest using the Hotfix I made. 

https://mega.nz/#!SRJmRagK!tj91HO0PWKoW0KocrfKkI3IZQPxTzvRr4eoMSBfjEcs

This is overwriting the critical ones with uncritical. but most of them are still broken. 

If you are willing to test what we have now: https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=616606

9 minutes ago, bluthhounder said:

What about the other patches made by pfiffy? From what I understand you either use the hotfix or the other patches, but I'm not entirely sure. 

Also, there are quite a few items like the latex gloves that either don't have bodyslide support or other issues. I'm really considering learning how to make those bodyslide compatible.

The HotFix was actually there, but I misnamed it SKSE plugin hotfix. Fixed that.

The DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP patch I actually missed. Do you have a link to the original post?

I know BodySlide/Physics support is somewhat limited/broken at the moment. I just started to learn bodysliding myself,

obviously I don't have the skill to fix it either. I made this post with the hope to get more players involved without having

them to wade through the forums for days just to set it up in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Ingar said:

The HotFix was actually there, but I misnamed it SKSE plugin hotfix. Fixed that.

The DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP patch I actually missed. Do you have a link to the original post?

I know BodySlide/Physics support is somewhat limited/broken at the moment. I just started to learn bodysliding myself,

obviously I don't have the skill to fix it either. I made this post with the hope to get more players involved without having

them to wade through the forums for days just to set it up in the first place.

Actually, from what I understand you should use the DDHOTFIX in order to actually play without crashing. The other patches is a WIP where Pfiffy is trying to get the prisoner chains compatible with HDT SMP since they originally used the old HDT. If you use the other patches, I think you CTD when equipping certain items like the chain harness wrists and ankles?

Basically, I think the DDHOTFIX removes the HDT from those items so you no longer crash, but you don't have physics on them either.

I had linked the 2.011 SKSE plugin instead of the 2.012. Fixed that as well.

The CBBE SE Slidersets download links to https://mega.nz/#!vZYigKIK!UiVKq-ajRGvkssSLiuLhK8mPa7gqpn4-GmZvPDWMDk8

The Hotfix download links to the DDHOTFIX https://mega.nz/#!SRJmRagK!tj91HO0PWKoW0KocrfKkI3IZQPxTzvRr4eoMSBfjEcs

So far I have only seen a few CTDs, afaik mostly animations starting on very unfortunate moments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So considering this hasn't been updated in a couple months... should we be using 8.3 now?

To be honest, I have no idea how to find this stuff on my own. I just found it when skimming through what was going on at the new SE Cursed Loot topic. From what I gathered, it seems things are rapidly evolving. That said, I assume the instructions above are still good or do they need updating?

Other than that, when I was trying it on my own and following the instructions on what I assume to be the Cursed Loot Main Page which says its still on 6.4 >.> Anyway I was having a problem with things being invisible even after I ran body slide, and for some reason it was saying NiOverride wasnt installed despite me having installed Racemenu which said it came with it already. o.O After trying on my own to figure out how to fix it, then for some reason my FNIS Sexy Move apparently started having problems and not loading, even after uninstalling all of FNIS and reinstalling again... maybe I have to restart my compy or something.

Anyway, I wanted to thankyou for trying to help, since after googling to see if there was a guide to install it correctly you were at the top. *nod*

• 4 weeks later...

In spite of this thread being a bit outdated now, it's still been the best resource I've found to get some of this stuff working for me - being a newbie to skyrim modding.

However, in light of the recent Skyrim update, I was wondering if we could get an updated list/process to get the Devious mods running? 

Everything has broken for me and I've been trying to update all the individual mods as they get updated... but I think I may still have to start all over from scratch again.

I know not everything is updated yet for the latest Skyrim version (Such as Racemenu) , but I'd love another walk through to get these mods working again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:00 PM, bluthhounder said:

been trying to get this shit to work for almost 2 weeks now animations broken and some items invisible tried evrything.. bodysliders. fnis xxl nothing working can anyone point me in the direction of a working bondage mod??

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Want to ix crashes in my game and I see that using Wyrebash, DDExpansion, DDAssets and DDInetgration are all orange which usually means they need to be fixed. I cam here looking for the DL links to make sure they load in the correct order, but the DL links seem to be down for me. Any way someone can please fix them? Thank you.

• 6 months later...

I'm getting the weird textures for some of the gear, it's the light purple thing, I'm pretty sure that is caused by missing textures right? not sure what I need to do to fix that since I have everything on the list, however I tried installing DD expansion without realizing that it was the LE version, I quickly removed it and updated my bodyslide however nothing changed, could that be causing problems still? also I'm getting a strange square under PC's feet that flickers a lot. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 1:34 PM, Ingar said:

How to install

Devious Devices 4.2 SE and Deviously Cursed Loot 7.3 SE (beta/experimental)

There's a lot of confusion on what to install to get a working Devious Devices/Deviously Cursed Loot setup with SE. For your convenience, I list all the necessary and recommended packages here. The list is based on Pfiffy's conversions of the devious mods and uses the CBBE body.

This is a beta/experimental setup. Some stuff doesn't work as expected yet, most notably BodySlide/SMP is largely a work in progress.

My thanks and appreciations to the mod authors and everyone else doing the hard work.

Requirements

SexLab

Devious Devices

Deviously Cursed Loot

Notes

* TODO - It works for me, your mileage may vary

Half of these lead to files that apparently don't exist.

Hotfix leads to a cycle that makes the game freak out.

But aside from those two issues, the only problem I've actually seen so far in-game is sometimes animations don't start, and the character model doesn't change as if the gear isn't equiped.

• 3 months later...

I downloaded Skyrim SE on PC for the first time last week. I saw all these cool mods and this one caught my eye. 

I have sunk hours and hours into threads learning how to properly install mods, which version of mods to download, etc only to find that links are outdated and not working. 

The link online states the mod is for SE and I download everything using MO2 or Vortex, or trying it manually and nothing works. I can’t even get the game to highlight the mod allowing me to check it and turn it on. 

Are there updated files for these mods and a tested and verified working load order I can use to get mine working?

I agree, it would be great, if someone could update the requirement links. 

I think, I got all essential files, but the FNIS Generator for users keeps telling me, that the Creature Pack is not installed (Mod HNIS Creature Pack SE 7.0 acutally IS).

However- I would really like to play Skyrim SE with Deviously cursed loot. Can someone of the guys knowing what to do help please?

21 minutes ago, Juffo78 said:

I agree, it would be great, if someone could update the requirement links. 

I think, I got all essential files, but the FNIS Generator for users keeps telling me, that the Creature Pack is not installed (Mod HNIS Creature Pack SE 7.0 acutally IS).

However- I would really like to play Skyrim SE with Deviously cursed loot. Can someone of the guys knowing what to do help please?

There is a pinned thread with links to the current versions of pretty much anything available for SE. Use it. The rest is reading each mod description and asking in the corresponding threads for each mod.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-se-compatibility-tracking-oct-18-6442/

Thank you for the link- it helped a lot. Not enough to get it running, though. Vortex and Generate FNIS still generated warnings, that Sexlab SE ans Sexlab aroused SE loaded files for Skyrim LE...

Might be linked to a messed up installation order. I will try again this weekend, or start with some simpler mods.

One more question: Will it be enough to reinstall the mods on Vortex to fix the installation order, or do I have to remove them and install them, again?

If you install "mod A" (LE version) and then get same "mod A" (but SE version), your mod manager will likely treat them as separate mods. This will likely mean incompatible files from the LE mods will get in the way. Details may change based on how each program manages files or custom adjustments done by each user.

As a general rule you should verify there are no incompatible mods installed. Period. Now doing that before trying to install new mods, when you have problems related to incompatible files, seems like an even better idea.

• 9 months later...

I wanted to see if I can get some help with this.

Going into the ZAZ slot tab, I am able to get my character interacting with pretty much everything, except combat.

What I'm trying to do is an option to be able to fight while wearing metal wrist cuffs- which sort of makes sense, given that they're not chained or locked together.

The standard look for Kiri is the big panty, along with a slave collar, and slave bracelets and anklets. I'm trying to find an option to let her fight too, dressed as she is.

Wrist restaints copy.jpg