Request: Creating a tattoo

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

But you haven't asked for anything...

i second you, Non-Sequitur. ? 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:45 AM, JustACasualSimmer said:

I've got a Mac and porting programs don't work on mine

Simmer, i'm a Mac user as well, and what do you need ported — which app? 

8 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

But you haven't asked for anything...

Eh? Oh, forgive me, I'm such a scatterbrain I forgot to make it obvious!

7 hours ago, ZenBuddhist said:

Simmer, i'm a Mac user as well, and what do you need ported — which app? 

I'd appreciate the Tattooinator, if that's okay with you!

2 hours ago, JustACasualSimmer said:

Eh? Oh, forgive me, I'm such a scatterbrain I forgot to make it obvious!

I'd appreciate the Tattooinator, if that's okay with you!

that's okay, Simmer; i'll download it from Mod The Sims and try to build a Wine wrapper so to have it run on a Mac. as far as i remember, it's a 2010 or 2011 app, so i have to ask: which OS X version are you using? 

2 minutes ago, ZenBuddhist said:

that's okay, Simmer; i'll download it from Mod The Sims and try to build a Wine wrapper so to have it run on a Mac. as far as i remember, it's a 2010 or 2011 app, so i have to ask: which OS X version are you using? 

I'm currently on High Sierra. 10.13.4.

47 minutes ago, JustACasualSimmer said:

I'm currently on High Sierra. 10.13.4.

hey, Simmer,

i just compiled CmarNYC's Tattooinator v.2.2 using Wine, tested it a bit, and saw everything is working fine. i'm on an iMac running El Capitan OS X 10.11.6; since you're on a 10.13.4 High Sierra, there should not be any problem.
what Wine does is recreate the Windows environment inside a Mac, so you'll feel like you're working on a hybrid app: partially Windows, partially Mac.

this is a screenshot i took from Tattooinator just now:

286425263_ScreenShot2019-05-08at10_23_15PM.png.6cfcefaceecb7f3a51375e4162d214f2.png

a negative aspect on using Wine wrapper is: because it emulates the Windows environment, it makes an app larger in size — actually 580 MB larger. for already large apps this is not a problem; nonetheless, small apps such as Tattooinator (originally 2.2 MB) ends up taking a lot of disk space and system's resources. that's the price you have to pay, unfortunately.
if you haven't worked with Tattooinator yet, i suggest you read Gencas Tutorials on Using Cmar's Tattooinator. the link is embedded. 
finally: i compressed the file using the 7-Zip format — considered the safest for online exchange. if you don't have an extractor in your system that handles .7z, i recommend you to download and use Keka, a great and free compression/extraction app for OS X.

the file: CmarNYC's Tattooinator v.2.2

CmarNYC Tattooinator v.2.2.7z

hope this helps, Simmer.

cheers,

Archived