Color changing unp/unpb 3D meshed pubic hair

Yeah, it seems like it should be okay.

I've uploaded the equippable pubes to this post. Just use the console 'help pube' and additem to get 'em.

From those who messaged me for it earlier the item seems to work just fine but there are a few caveats which are beyond me to fix;

- First of all the pubes sometimes reset to black when the game first loads or they're first equipped. The hairs in my game do the same thing as well though so it might just be a problem on my end. It can be (temporarily) fixed by opening the race menu (~ console 'showracemenu' ) going to the hair tab and tweaking the hair colour slightly in any way before changing it back to your preference to refresh the pubes' colour.

- Second of all it seems the pubes only borrow their colour from the player character's hair colour, so it's not really usable by NPCs unless they share the PC's hair colour.

attachicon.gifWearablePubes.rar

Thanks pal. I really didn't want to mess with any more skeletons, textures or meshs after finally getting my setup working.

• 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded the equippable pubes to this post. Just use the console 'help pube' and additem to get 'em.

From those who messaged me for it earlier the item seems to work just fine but there are a few caveats which are beyond me to fix;

- First of all the pubes sometimes reset to black when the game first loads or they're first equipped. The hairs in my game do the same thing as well though so it might just be a problem on my end. It can be (temporarily) fixed by opening the race menu (~ console 'showracemenu' ) going to the hair tab and tweaking the hair colour slightly in any way before changing it back to your preference to refresh the pubes' colour.

- Second of all it seems the pubes only borrow their colour from the player character's hair colour, so it's not really usable by NPCs unless they share the PC's hair colour.

Which Slot they use?

Hey, this is awesome! I wasn't too happy with using 2D pubes, and this came at a perfect time. The only thing I'm not entirely happy with, is that the mesh doesn't go on my character's skin properly, it's hovering a bit above it and it's easy to notice on close-ups. I use CBBE, is it possible to edit this with bodyslide?

Which Slot they use?

Sorry, they use slot 44, mainly because it was free for me. They can be changed quite easily to use a different one though if necessary. I use the spell from this post regularly to figure out what slots I have free.

Thanks.

I'm interested on how I can change the slot.

I use the Kanthu's Set (from Mashup set) in which there are panties I can use with my Dragonscale armor (skimpy version without panties I modified myself).

These panties have Slot 45 and don't interfere with AH1 piercings (like Labia Ring or Nav Amulets), are armoured (add a nice amount of armor points) and enchantable.

I wish to assign to the Pube a slot like 59 or something, that cannot be "undressed" while using some mods I have, while slot 44 can be undressed without my control.

Suggestion for you (maybe) about "black colour issue":

probably you have the RaceMenu system and you set your hair colour simply choosing "E" key (choose colour) overwriting one of the default. To maintain the Pubes (and Hair) colours, you need to first choose the "basic" colour with the slider and only then modify the colour itself with the add-on menu launched by the "E" key.

I'll see if I can provide a comprehensive enough tutorial on slot swapping, as I do a great deal of it:  :lol:

There used to be a lot of biped slot conflicts in this outfit...xIspmwZ.png

First open the mesh from the armour you want to change the biped slot of in nifskope then follow these steps:

jTheAAi.png

1. Expand the NiTriShape block of the armour mesh

2. Expand its BSDismemberSkinInstance block

3. Under block details expand the BodyPartList blocks until you see the Part Flag and Body Part entries.

4. Change the Body Part entry's value to whatever biped slot you want to use. (Note, the SPB_BLOODHEAD or anything else that ends up there doesn't matter, you would just change this to 59 and you'd be good to go)

5. Repeat those steps for any other NiTriShape blocks and then save the mesh.

*** If you are changing the biped slot of an armour with weight slider support don't forget to edit both the _0 and _1 meshes!

EDIT: The pube mesh also seems to have an extra BSDismemberSkinInstance block outside the NiTriShape block, you should probably edit the biped slot on it as well.

Next open the mod's .esp file in creation kit and proceed as follows:

5HcqFIC.png

1. Find the Armor entry for the armour you want to change and open it.

2. Under Biped Object you can click to select or deselect different biped slots. Make sure to unhighlight the current biped slot and highlight the one you want then click okay.

3. Find the Armor Addon for the armour and open it.

4. This is pretty much the same as step 2. (Note, you probably won't have to pay attention to the Race fields here or in the armor entry for this, but in some rare cases, the masks from Tribunal Robes and Hoods for example, different meshes are used for different races and you'll have to make these changes for each race. I'm just mentioning this for the sake of completeness)

5. Once the Armor and ArmorAddon entries have been changed you can save the .esp.

*** I preface all my Editor IDs in the CK with the suffix 'Oni' to make things easier to find which generally seems to be common practice, but some mods may use unpredictable or obscure IDs. If you're having problems finding an Armor or ArmorAddon entry you can use TES5Edit to see what entries a mod adds.

OT5UpF1.png

Just right-click and 'Select None' in the selection dialogue and then search for the esp you want to load. Once loaded you can use the field on the left to get an idea of the entry names you're looking for in the CK.

Hope that helps!  :D

As for your advice on the black hair problem I do indeed select my hair colour with the 'E' key so I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks!

Thanks a lot to you for your clear explanation even if I hoped to avoid the use of CK.

Anyhow, it doesn't sounds to much complicated, after all.

Just another question:

First, why not have your own thread?

This mainly because I wish to suggest some things like :

- More shapes (different packages to choice, maybe).

- Possibility to auto hidden (but still get dressed) if a wearable piece has the same slot number (don't know if is possible).

Thanks a lot to you for your clear explanation even if I hoped to avoid the use of CK.

Anyhow, it doesn't sounds to much complicated, after all.

No problem, glad I could help.

Just another question:

First, why not have your own thread?

This mainly because I wish to suggest some things like :

- More shapes (different packages to choice, maybe).

- Possibility to auto hidden (but still get dressed) if a wearable piece has the same slot number (don't know if is possible).

I'm afraid that kind of stuff is beyond me. The pube mesh was provided by DorkDiva on the first page of this thread and I just moved things around in nifskope and the CK to make it a standalone accessory. I haven't yet managed to properly export a custom mesh for Skyrim without the speculars messing up so I'm stuck with the CK and nifskope for now, and even then I'm not really sure how the pubes' colour change works mechanically so I couldn't do different shapes for it anyway. I'm not entirely sure how auto hiding armours works either but I might be able to figure it out by studying other armours in the creation kit. I'll take a look around.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see if I can provide a comprehensive enough tutorial on slot swapping, as I do a great deal of it:  :lol:

There used to be a lot of biped slot conflicts in this outfit...xIspmwZ.png

First open the mesh from the armour you want to change the biped slot of in nifskope then follow these steps:

jTheAAi.png

1. Expand the NiTriShape block of the armour mesh

2. Expand its BSDismemberSkinInstance block

3. Under block details expand the BodyPartList blocks until you see the Part Flag and Body Part entries.

4. Change the Body Part entry's value to whatever biped slot you want to use. (Note, the SPB_BLOODHEAD or anything else that ends up there doesn't matter, you would just change this to 59 and you'd be good to go)

5. Repeat those steps for any other NiTriShape blocks and then save the mesh.

*** If you are changing the biped slot of an armour with weight slider support don't forget to edit both the _0 and _1 meshes!

EDIT: The pube mesh also seems to have an extra BSDismemberSkinInstance block outside the NiTriShape block, you should probably edit the biped slot on it as well.

Next open the mod's .esp file in creation kit and proceed as follows:

5HcqFIC.png

1. Find the Armor entry for the armour you want to change and open it.

2. Under Biped Object you can click to select or deselect different biped slots. Make sure to unhighlight the current biped slot and highlight the one you want then click okay.

3. Find the Armor Addon for the armour and open it.

4. This is pretty much the same as step 2. (Note, you probably won't have to pay attention to the Race fields here or in the armor entry for this, but in some rare cases, the masks from Tribunal Robes and Hoods for example, different meshes are used for different races and you'll have to make these changes for each race. I'm just mentioning this for the sake of completeness)

5. Once the Armor and ArmorAddon entries have been changed you can save the .esp.

*** I preface all my Editor IDs in the CK with the suffix 'Oni' to make things easier to find which generally seems to be common practice, but some mods may use unpredictable or obscure IDs. If you're having problems finding an Armor or ArmorAddon entry you can use TES5Edit to see what entries a mod adds.

OT5UpF1.png

Just right-click and 'Select None' in the selection dialogue and then search for the esp you want to load. Once loaded you can use the field on the left to get an idea of the entry names you're looking for in the CK.

Hope that helps!  :D

As for your advice on the black hair problem I do indeed select my hair colour with the 'E' key so I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks!

I followed your tutorial here (nicely done by the way, very easy to follow) and I got as far as this  post-145287-0-22834700-1387589092_thumb.jpg

any idea what might be causing the ugly burned skin parts?

I've been trying to edit this underwear for a while and this is farther than I have ever gotten, any help would be much appreciated!

Just use the console 'help pube' and additem to get 'em.

Can someone expand on this for me ? I am new to the whole skyrim modding and using console, but would love a hairy beaver.

Hit the tilde (~, should be to the left of the 1 key on a standard keyboard) to bring up the console, from which you can exercise direct control over many of the game's assets.  Type help pube into it and you'll get the names and IDs of any items with that name (or, more generally, with that exact series of characters).  Then type player.additem (item ID) minus the parentheses into the same box, and you should find the specified item in your inventory.  If you want more than one of the specified item (potions or arrows for example), add the number you want after the item ID.

Just use the console 'help pube' and additem to get 'em.

Can someone expand on this for me ? I am new to the whole skyrim modding and using console, but would love a hairy beaver.

Hit the tilde (~, should be to the right of the 1 key on a standard keyboard) to bring up the console, from which you can exercise direct control over many of the game's assets.  Type help pube into it and you'll get the names and IDs of any items with that name (or, more generally, with that exact series of characters).  Then type player.additem (item ID) minus the parenthesis into the same box, and you should find the specified item in your inventory.  If you want more than one of the specified item (potions or arrows for example), add the number you want after the item ID.

Thank you, kind sir.

I followed your tutorial here (nicely done by the way, very easy to follow) and I got as far as this  attachicon.gif2013-12-20_00001.jpg

I've been trying to edit this underwear for a while and this is farther than I have ever gotten, any help would be much appreciated!

Sorry, I'm away for the holidays so don't get many chances to check these forums. I haven't seen that before (and I'm by no means an expert with this sort of thing) but if I had to hazard a guess there's a body mesh attached to the underwear that's conflicting with the underlying body now that it's on a different biped slot. Open the nif in nifskope and if there's a body mesh beneath the underwear right-click it and 'remove branch'. Do this for both _0 and _1 meshes if applicable.

I followed your tutorial here (nicely done by the way, very easy to follow) and I got as far as this  attachicon.gif2013-12-20_00001.jpg

Sorry, I'm away for the holidays so don't get many chances to check these forums. I haven't seen that before (and I'm by no means an expert with this sort of thing) but if I had to hazard a guess there's a body mesh attached to the underwear that's conflicting with the underlying body now that it's on a different biped slot. Open the nif in nifskope and if there's a body mesh beneath the underwear right-click it and 'remove branch'. Do this for both _0 and _1 meshes if applicable.

In my attempt, this didn't work as espected.

I tried to change the slot for the "Aradia Lacedress Thong" (actually 32 Body) to a more suitable (for me) 52.

I followed your tutorial and I had at first the same problem as Z0mBieP00Nani.

I noticed that the two _0 and _1 nif of the thong are, in fact, a femalebody_0 and _1 nifs, with a complete UNP Skinny bodymesh.

So, I tried to do as you suggested, with the "remove branch" action.

This did me the correct 52 slot for the thong BUT, if my char wears only the thong, she has the body full invisible (except the head).

Another hint / solution?

I tried to change the slot for the "Aradia Lacedress Thong" (actually 32 Body) to a more suitable (for me) 52.

I noticed that the two _0 and _1 nif of the thong are, in fact, a femalebody_0 and _1 nifs, with a complete UNP Skinny bodymesh.

This did me the correct 52 slot for the thong BUT, if my char wears only the thong, she has the body full invisible (except the head).

Another hint / solution?

Sounds like it's still trying to take up slot 32 without the mesh. Is slot 32 still selected in either the armor or armoraddon entry in ck perhaps, or is there another nitrishape in the nif with body part assigned to slot 32? If neither of those is the case I can take a look at the .nif and .esp to see if I can figure it out.

After the installation of this mod and the update of some others, i'm experiencing a strange issue: my character can't block when moving forward or back. This is only an animation glitch (for the game he's still blocking).

Can be caused by this mod or i've to find the cause elsewhere?

Hey, this is awesome! I wasn't too happy with using 2D pubes, and this came at a perfect time. The only thing I'm not entirely happy with, is that the mesh doesn't go on my character's skin properly, it's hovering a bit above it and it's easy to notice on close-ups. I use CBBE, is it possible to edit this with bodyslide?

I think so, it was described as equipable pube, so when you wear armor/clothes it should be unequipped. If this is the case you can handle it like an outfit and convert it to CBBE with the new bodyslide outfit studio.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?

If you use the UNP CBBE variant body, maybe the mesh is directly useable, though I'd imagine other problems arising. The above method is the safe way to do it.

Another hint / solution?

Sounds like it's still trying to take up slot 32 without the mesh. Is slot 32 still selected in either the armor or armoraddon entry in ck perhaps, or is there another nitrishape in the nif with body part assigned to slot 32? If neither of those is the case I can take a look at the .nif and .esp to see if I can figure it out.

The Aradia set is available here, in Belisario's thread about Conversion for UNP-BBP.

If you wish, and have time to take a look ...  ;)

Wearable Pubes converted to CBBE with Bodyslide
Download the Wearable Pubes uploaded by TheOniNinja on post #77 and install. Then install mine and overwrite. REQUIRES CBBE

Included is the Bodyslide shape, set and group, so you can open Bodyslide and shape it to your favourite preset. But that REQUIRES Bodyslide and CB++

PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD IN OTHER FORUMS OR WEBSITES!

Enjoy!

CBBEPubes.7z

Which Slot they use?

Sorry, they use slot 44, mainly because it was free for me. They can be changed quite easily to use a different one though if necessary. I use the spell from this post regularly to figure out what slots I have free.

would you be able to change this to slot 60? so it doesnt get uneqquiped when wearing modded armor