Custom HDT XML Profile per Follower?

phyne

I've been searching everywhere and I'm not sure I've seen anyone talk about creating unique HDT profiles for followers. My basic goal is for well endowed followers to use an exaggerated physics profile, and for slimmer followers to use a toned down physics profile. Is something like this even doable using xml profiles as shipped, or would I have to get a little more complicated and use different skeletons for different followers? Or am I going about this wrong and there's a really easy way I'm missing? I understand manipulating the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml, but I just can't find any information on using unique profiles per follower...

If you think about it for about 5 seconds the method will reveal itself, because it's literally butt simple to do.

The reason no one has done it is A apparently back in the day I was the only one that thought of it and B you'll find the mass majority of players here play women and are generally focused exclusively on 'themselves' to the exclusion of everything else for PE it's matter of unique nistrings and unique xmls, for SMP it's simply a matter of naming the registry files, xmls and body mesh the same unique name. I haven't used PE except for hair in three years, so if anything's changed my method might be out of date, but I doubt it.

You can alter the skeleton per follower, but you should start with groovtamas as the base every time, and frankly node and bone altering should only be done if you absolutely have a clue what you're doing.

It sounds like I should alter the nistrings of the bones I want unique physics of in the skeleton.nif, and match the strings in a modified XML? How do I get the physics to point to a different XML? This would be using PE of course. I'm not too worried about dicking around with the nifs and such, as I've messed around with them a lot in FO3 and FO4 in the past modifying weapons and outfits, but this is my first foray into the body physics stuff in Skyrim. I just need a little more direction ?

10 minutes ago, 27X said:

custom path

What custom path? Where are you defining a custom path? As far as my extremely limited knowledge is concerned, the .dll or .hkx tells the skeleton what .xml to pull physics info from, and I can't just go editing these files.

I feel like either all of what you're saying is going completely over my head, or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about because you've given me no useful information this far.

You linked me to a .dll viewer/editor? I literally have no idea what I'm even supposed to do with this. I opened the hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll and there is nothing simple about changing anything in there.

Also great, you showed me how to rename files in windows. How is naming some custom XML's "hdtSofia.xml" or "hdtVilja.xml" useful in any capacity?

1 hour ago, 27X said:

In the nistring 

Dude, what nistring? In the skeleton.nif? I've browsed the entirety of the skeleton_female.nif that XPMSE provides, and I really don't know what you're referring to. If you're implying that you can go change some sort of string entry in there to point to a different XML, I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. The skeleton and the physics extensions are two completely different things, and I don't know how the skeleton is supposed to know about the XMLs that PE adds.

If I'm being a fucking idiot, please someone let me know. Your answers so far though, are as vague as humanly possible.

xml file path for hdt is assigned by nistringextradata of the body, heads, hands, and feet.nif file, not always in all of them depends on the hdt setup you use. 

These from 27X are good examples, you will need to spend some time getting familiar with the file structure if you didn't understand this or you may end up with a broken mess.

hdtSofia.xml

hdtVilja.xml

hdtMrissi.xml

custom path IN THE MESH  <<<<<< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Data\Sofia\Meshes\Actors\Character\Sofia

hdtSofia.xml

body meshes + tri files + skeleton

Ok, I'm very sorry. I did find it.

I don't know why I didn't look at the actual body mesh. You did state "custom path in the mesh", but honestly your posts were pretty confusing lol.

A side question: Is english your native language? :)

nif.png

Archived