Console problems

Crasses123

Hey

I'm having some problems with my console.

The first is that whenever i click on a character i dont get any "show extra info window", pressing tab does not work either. I also cant even get the regular stuff like Health, stamina and magika, armor, active effects etc.

The second is that when i select any thing with the mouse while the console is open i dont get any name for the object im clicking, i only get the numbers and letters.

When i click on the PC with the console open it is supposed to show something like

"Name of player" (0000007)

Or on a door

"Door" (0c073ca3)

But what i get instead on player is

" (0000007)

And a door

" (0c073ca3)

I also can't see any extra side information about the things i'm clicking on, it does not show what mod edited the object last and things like that.

It's like a bugged standard console.

I have SKSE and i get confirmation that it works when i start the came and put getskseversion in the console.

I am using vortex and have installed SkyUI and USLEP.

I also have some FNIS mods. so in total it's like 5 mods plus the dlc's and High resolution texture packs.

I was having problems with console earlier and tried to fix it, but could not figure it out.

Since all my mods were old and i was using nexus mod manager i decided to just uninstall everything and start new from scratch.

Now i want to make sure that everything is working before i start building a new mod collection.

I can give more information below if it is necessary.

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Crasses123 said:

Hey

I'm having some problems with my console.

The first is that whenever i click on a character i dont get any "show extra info window", pressing tab does not work either. I also cant even get the regular stuff like Health, stamina and magika, armor, active effects etc.

The second is that when i select any thing with the mouse while the console is open i dont get any name for the object im clicking, i only get the numbers and letters.

When i click on the PC with the console open it is supposed to show something like

Or on a door

"Door" (0c073ca3)

" (0000007)

And a door

" (0c073ca3)

I also can't see any extra side information about the things i'm clicking on, it does not show what mod edited the object last and things like that.

It's like a bugged standard console.

I have SKSE and i get confirmation that it works when i start the came and put getskseversion in the console.

I am using vortex and have installed SkyUI and USLEP.

I also have some FNIS mods. so in total it's like 5 mods plus the dlc's and High resolution texture packs.

I was having problems with console earlier and tried to fix it, but could not figure it out.

Since all my mods were old and i was using nexus mod manager i decided to just uninstall everything and start new from scratch.

Now i want to make sure that everything is working before i start building a new mod collection.

I can give more information below if it is necessary.

These features can be toggled on and off with the "Tab" key. You've probably accidentally turned them off. Go back in and try hitting Tab.

Pressing tab with console open and Object/npc selected does nothing.

I think the extra info window is a feature of SkyUI, which i have installed and have gotten to work before.

I have more than a thousand hours in skyrim with mods and have used this function thousands of times.

I have previously used the console extra info to:

Find out what mod an object/npc comes from

Find out Object and NPC ID/reference numbers

See health/stamina/magika of an npc

See active/inactive effecs on the PC and npcs.

See equipped armor inventories.

Before i decided to uninstall everything and redo my skyrim mods this was the ONLY problem that i had at the time.

It is also probably the only function that i absolutley must get to work before i start re-modding in earnest.

Thanks for the responses

I actually tried installing that exact mod earlier before i uninstalled everything and then it did not work.

I installed it now with vortex and now i get the all the extra info i wanted.

Maybe its because i have almost no mods now...

But i still have this problem

Or on a door

"Door" (0c073ca3)

" (0000007)

And a door

" (0c073ca3)

Could this  be a problem with "dirty edits" and stuff like that?

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Crasses123 said:

Thank's for the responses

I actually tried installing that exact mod earlier before i uninstalled everything and then it did not work.

I installed it now with vortex and now i get the all the extra info i wanted.

Maybe its because i have almost no mods now...

But i still have this problem

Could this  be a problem with "dirty edits" and stuff like that?

Not likely but possible. You can always start a new game and see if the problem persists. If not, then you have your answer.

Started several new games, still have the same problem with the click problem

" (0000007)

instead of

"Prisoner" (0000007)

Since i get all the info i need from the extra windows it is not really a problem.

I'm just worried its a symptom of a bigger problem?

If you guys think it's nothing to worry about i will ignore it and continue to fully mod my game to bring it back to its former glory.

Thanks for the help in either case.

As you've pointed out it IS a glitch in A mod (SkyUI). However, unless you want to go with Plan B (you know, where you start over from scratch) then you just press ahead as you are doing (that's what I'd do - after all, you can start over later if it seems to worsen).

Archived