So who thinks the pipboy replacing armor is utterly retarded and stupid ?

dude, i think you went full retard with a little bit of NMA Raeg in this one....

1- it was stated a long time ago that the pipboy 2000 was stuck in your arm too(because its more useful than handheld version), thats why you still receive some rads even with power armor in Fo1,2 and tactics.

2- this mod is preety old, thus he's just a re-edit of Readius mod

Failscream has a point. And think about the purpose of a pipboy. For the purpose its intended to fulfill, and arm-mounted computer makes a bit more sense than a glorified PDA. A vault has limited resources, you know how many Readiuses (Readii?) you'd lose over a lifetime if it wasn't attached to you?

dude' date=' i think you went full retard with a little bit of NMA Raeg in this one....

1- it was stated a long time ago that the pipboy 2000 was stuck in your arm too(because its more useful than handheld version), thats why you still receive some rads even with power armor in Fo1,2 and tactics.

[/quote']

Whats wrong with NMA raeg ? They WERE right, FO3 WAS oblivion with guns.

And I've long admitted to being one of the folks that trolled bethesda into disabling avatars on their forum after they got the FO lisence.

AS far as teh 'stuck on your arm', power armor NEVER stopped rads compleatly, they just reduce the level at which you are irradiated allowing it to be more easily survived and medicated thru radaway.

Furthermore, ANY breach in the armor would ENSURE you take rads at a pretty much normal rate despite the power armor.

Why do you think the holotapes in the glow make mention of sucking up rads due to breaches in the suit. The suit is supposed to be compleatly sealed, and ANY breach in it would mean it didn't work against rads as well as pretty much negating any strength increases in the arm it's worn on, because afterall with no armor, your arm is reduced to the natural strength of your body.

And Kain, the pipboy WAS a glorified PDA.

FO lacks microprocessors to the degree we have them in real life, remember this is an alternate timeline that diverged sometime after world war two.

Basically, Bethesda sucks ass.

dude' date=' i think you went full retard with a little bit of NMA Raeg in this one....

[/quote']

Whats wrong with NMA raeg ? They WERE right, FO3 WAS oblivion with guns.

And I've long admitted to being one of the folks that trolled bethesda into disabling avatars on their forum after they got the FO lisence.

AS far as teh 'stuck on your arm', power armor NEVER stopped rads compleatly, they just reduce the level at which you are irradiated allowing it to be more easily survived and medicated thru radaway.

Furthermore, ANY breach in the armor would ENSURE you take rads at a pretty much normal rate despite the power armor.

Why do you think the holotapes in the glow make mention of sucking up rads due to breaches in the suit. The suit is supposed to be compleatly sealed, and ANY breach in it would mean it didn't work against rads as well as pretty much negating any strength increases in the arm it's worn on, because afterall with no armor, your arm is reduced to the natural strength of your body.

And Kain, the pipboy WAS a glorified PDA.

FO lacks microprocessors to the degree we have them in real life, remember this is an alternate timeline that diverged sometime after world war two.

Basically, Bethesda sucks ass.

Yeah, but because they used AWA Radio valves instead of transistors they weren't taken out by EMP as PDA's all were :P

All you had to do was wear something like Mantis suit under the PA to reduce the rest of the Rads.

More likely, especially when goint into NBC type enviroments, they had a lead lined undersuit or some other form of radiation shielding....... and wore the whole set of power armor.

As for the bethesda pipboy, it wouldn't be so bad.... if you had the option to 'take it off' (IE: hide it from view), and if it were not worn over the higher tier armors that would offer superior protection (IE: metal/combat/power armors), which could have been easily accomplished by bethesda by adding an option when making apparel to have it cover (or not cover) the apparel in question.

Besides lets face it, if you have a full set of any power armor would you leave the left forearm and glove off of it, thus meaning easy maiming of the hand in a situation your armor would have otherwise rendered you pretty much invulnerable from.

More likely' date=' especially when goint into NBC type enviroments, they had a lead lined undersuit or some other form of radiation shielding....... and wore the whole set of power armor.

As for the bethesda pipboy, it wouldn't be so bad.... if you had the option to 'take it off' (IE: hide it from view), and if it were not worn over the higher tier armors that would offer superior protection (IE: metal/combat/power armors), which could have been easily accomplished by bethesda by adding an option when making apparel to have it cover (or not cover) the apparel in question.

Besides lets face it, if you have a full set of any power armor would you leave the left forearm and glove off of it, thus meaning easy maiming of the hand in a situation your armor would have otherwise rendered you pretty much invulnerable from.[/quote']

Probably did it to allow extra cooling for the valve technology especially most of it being NPN polarised.

Which still makes no sense, if the suit isn't going to be sealed, it still won't protect you, your hand will just rot off due to the radiation THEN you'll die.

Not to mention a small explosion which wouldn't injure someone in power armor would still maim someone wearing the bethesda pipboy, as well as the fact that the whole 'it makes you stronger' factor would be negated, for anything involving your left arm.

The whole forearm is exposed' date=' however, that's the problem with the F3 pipboy.

[/quote']

because THEY followed the fallout bible with help of some interplay devs, and mainly because its canon that the PC pipboy is wrist/arm mounted device

thus, a PDA pipboy would atract retards from halo, hl, CoD and doom 3 saying: omg zeh pipboy is a pda, fuck you beth and obsidian!, Ripoff!

and dude please, if you say that Fo3 is oblivion with guns, NV is the same shit too because its the same engine, the same mechanics(including the infamous diagonal walk input that beth never managed to fix) and the same bullcrap.

you guys needs to be open minded, and im a fallout fanboy since when i was a kid in 99, it sucks now that Adam is dead, but probbaly beth will ask for obsidian for help with the art design and lore for boston

Fo3 = For those who wants to meet the Fallout world

NV = For those who know the lore thus it's a sequence even for Fo3(you wasteland guide is a freakin success thx to moira)

Actually, what irritated me the most about the Pipboy was Beths failure to realize that not all player interactions was via the pipboy in FO1 and 2. There was a third person preview of your character in FO1 and 2. No such thing in FO3 or NV.

Damn irritating.

Actually' date=' what irritated me the most about the Pipboy was Beths failure to realize that not all player interactions was via the pipboy in FO1 and 2. There was a third person preview of your character in FO1 and 2. No such thing in FO3 or NV.

Damn irritating.

[/quote']

Agreed. Even Oblivion had a characther preview in your inventory screen, as did FO/FO2 (not to mention ANY item ingame had an inventory image as well as a full description, both things are sorely lacking)

I think the pipboy makes sense in FO3' date=' but not FNV. It stays there even after you take off the damn vault suit, and can really ruin your look if you're trying NOT to look like a vault dweller.

[/quote']

Which is the whole point I'm raising, a simple 'pipbou under clothing' option, to choose to see or not see it, would have made perfect sense.

I mean only the radiation suit, if I remember right, really hides it yet you can still use it while wearing the suit.

The simple fact is that regardless of how the pipboy worked in FO/FO2, the fact was it was ambiguous enough to let the player decide, as well as meeting a much more important criteria: it didn't make anything else in the game look stupid.

That's the real problem with Bethesda, they don't think things thru at all.......... sorta like how they kept lying that F3 wouldn't be Oblivion with guns.

Agreed. Even Oblivion had a characther preview in your inventory screen' date=' as did FO/FO2 (not to mention ANY item ingame had an inventory image as well as a full description, both things are sorely lacking)[/quote']

The ability to see my character while I'm picking clothing is one of the things I missed most about Oblivion.

I like the PDA raedius thingie. For no other reason than that it's more pleasing to the eye.

and dude please' date=' if you say that Fo3 is oblivion with guns, NV is the same shit too because its the same engine, the same mechanics(including the infamous diagonal walk input that beth never managed to fix) and the same bullcrap.

[/quote']

If New Vegas didn't take place in the 'core region' and was missing the NCR, everybody who heaped it with praise would deride it as much as they did Fallout 3.

At the end of the day, if Fallout 3 took place in California, I doubt it would have gotten half the shit it did.

NV and FO3 are the same fucking game, just with a different setting and some minor mechanical differences (like ammo types). So why is it that NV gets praised, yet FO3 gets shat on?

What, because Enclave power armor has a different texture? Because some people from Black Isle worked on it, yet it's the same thing as FO3? The setting?

I'll say it again; if FO3 took place in the core region, it wouldn't have gotten as much shit as it did. I honestly believe the only reason so many people went "NOT FALLOUT RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!" is because they set it on the East Coast.

Much like why Tactics gets shit because it's the Midwest; can't be the combat system, since you can change it back to the way Fallout 1 and 2 played, the only difference at that point is that you can control your "companions". Granted, the story isn't amazing, but people line up to kiss New Vegas' ass after FO3, and its story is shit.

Tactics got dissed because it was NOT a RPG more than anything else.

The New Vegas story made a LOT more sense than F3, indeed it was the original Black Isle FO3 plot with a few changes mandated by bethesda.

F3: find your dad, restore a giant water purifier, wipe Enclave out again (despite doing that allready in FO2).

FONV: Get shot in the head, find out why you got shot, pick a side in a major conflict, and generally have a meaningful effect on the world while ingame, including faction reputations done in a reasonable manner.

Indeed, F3 pretty much lacked any real factions reputation type stuff in a meaningful sense, where NV makes even simple radier type interactions (powder gangers, Kahns, fiends) into dealing with a group of people, and having a choice that allows up to and including allying with groups initially hostile to you.

Yes, it's the same engine (albiet moved a lot closer to Fallout in NV) but it's the WAY it was done.

It's a shame they didn't remove the quest arrow too, kick the console kiddies off.

How was Tactics NOT an RPG? You did exactly the same things in Fallout 1 and 2; build your character, explore the world, go to towns, buy and sell shit, only you had missions to progress the story. You could even play it the same as Fallout 1 and 2 by using AP to walk and attack. At the end of the day, Tactics is just 1 and 2 with missions and the ability to do without in real time.

New Vegas' story still sucks, and I don't care if it was supposed to be the original plot. You're a Courier shot in the head; fine, revenge story. But after dealing with Benny, there's no reason for you to get involved in the while thing between the NCR and the Legion. Whoever wins, business will still be good for somebody who runs packages.

Atleast with FO3, wiping out the Enclave and starting Prpject Purity are the END GAME, meaning the whole story arc finishes with that. That's what makes the story, to me, better than NV; it doesn't just throw you in the middle of some conflict that has nothing to do with you once you finish your business. That's why Broken Steel works for me; the Enclave isn't finished, I have to wrap up the business I started. If Broken Steel was about, say, going off to kill the Outcasts, I wouldn't play it; that has nothing to do with my character.

And why is it that fighting over a dam has a more "meaningful effect" than Project Purity? The second Battle for Hoover Dam effected the balance of power in the Mojave, Project Purity effected the Capital Wasteland by letting people truly have a chance at rebuilding because no longer would they be poisoned by water.

At the end of the day, I don't care about reputation. I didn't in Fallout 2, I don't in NV. I hate the fact that to get anywhere in the end game of NV, you literally have to drag through meeting so many different factions, only to tell whoever in what line you're taking to ignore, you killed them or they'll help. I don't care about the Powder Gangers, or the Khans, or even the fucking Brotherhood of Steel; it's the NCR/Legion/House that's my main concern on Hoover Dam.

Not to mention that these factions don't even bother doing anything in the end game unless you specifically get them to do something, so the whole thing is pointless.

And that one, last little bit about the quest arrow; I think I'm done discussing anything with you.

Tactics was not a RPG for a simple reason: There was no CHOICE.

Yeah you get to customize your gear, and in a few LONE cases make a decision, which is why the game lacked any real type of dialouge options.

Furthermore, the game was never even billed as a RPG in the first place.

By the criteria you use, games like Assasians Creed and HALO are RPGs.

As for New Vegas: THATS THE DAMNED POINT. You make a choice, which affects the entire wasteland.

So you don't care about the minor factions..... thats nice.

However the OPTION is still there for you, on a new playthru.

And more importantly, it's there for anyone that plays, they are not pigeon holed into a SINGLE plot line, instead the plot branches based on your decisions. THAT is the core of a RPG.

Cause, and effect.

AS for the 'end game' of F3...... yeah Enclave was ALLREADY wiped out, and simply brought back (in anime armor) because bethesda was unable to come up with any real origonal plot on their own.

As for the fights...... Project Purity added a lot more pure water, yes, but that was hardly a rare commodity. One of the first quests you can get in Megaton ? Help fix their leaky water pipes. And if there was no pure water, how were people still alive.

If you don't care about reputation, well that tells me why you thought Tactics was a RPG. It's about player CHOICE.

The player has a FUCKTON of choices on how to do things. Do you just go commando and wipe out the Kahns at Red Rock ? Do you help the Brotherhood ? Do you take the strip as your own ?

They're all choices, and some may preclude the others.

And you are the type of player that I specifically refrenced with the quest arrow.

If you think Tactics is a RPG, lets see how you do without your hand being held the entire way, it'd be like when I got a friend that's a FPS gamer to play Fallout once.... he kept wondering why everyone shot at him, all he was doing was pickpocketing them. That is the logic you are using here.

Tactics was not a RPG for a simple reason: There was no CHOICE.

Yeah you get to customize your gear' date=' and in a few LONE cases make a decision, which is why the game lacked any real type of dialouge options.

Furthermore, the game was never even billed as a RPG in the first place.

By the criteria you use, games like Assasians Creed and HALO are RPGs.

As for New Vegas: THATS THE DAMNED POINT. You make a choice, which affects the entire wasteland.

So you don't care about the minor factions..... thats nice.

However the OPTION is still there for you, on a new playthru.

And more importantly, it's there for anyone that plays, they are not pigeon holed into a SINGLE plot line, instead the plot branches based on your decisions. THAT is the core of a RPG.

Cause, and effect.

AS for the 'end game' of F3...... yeah Enclave was ALLREADY wiped out, and simply brought back (in anime armor) because bethesda was unable to come up with any real origonal plot on their own.

As for the fights...... Project Purity added a lot more pure water, yes, but that was hardly a rare commodity. One of the first quests you can get in Megaton ? Help fix their leaky water pipes. And if there was no pure water, how were people still alive.

If you don't care about reputation, well that tells me why you thought Tactics was a RPG. It's about player CHOICE.

The player has a FUCKTON of choices on how to do things. Do you just go commando and wipe out the Kahns at Red Rock ? Do you help the Brotherhood ? Do you take the strip as your own ?

They're all choices, and some may preclude the others.

And you are the type of player that I specifically refrenced with the quest arrow.

If you think Tactics is a RPG, lets see how you do without your hand being held the entire way, it'd be like when I got a friend that's a FPS gamer to play Fallout once.... he kept wondering why everyone shot at him, all he was doing was pickpocketing them. That is the logic you are using here.

[/quote']

chill dude, and yeah about megaton's water(well im playing both Fo3 and new vegas since my skyrim is fubar for now), it looks like they still have a water purifier working, the FEV that vault tec tested on Vault 87 was the original prototype prom the pre war tech, thats why most of the super mutants from CW are more feral, Dumber with rare cases of great intelligence like fawkes or leo, because its the same original FEV strain from Pre-War, the generation 2 super mutants are the same shit too but they aren't big orange hulks because of The Master's modifications to the Original Formula used by both west tek and Vault-Tec.

And yeah it was beth's 1st time working with Fallout without sawyer or chris(i'll nuke caesar and the NCR) avellone to help them, they had only the bible and Fo1,2, VanBuren(that's why our beloved deathclaws looks like van buren's Deathclaws) and FoT to work on the East Coast Plot, and it worked!, from this point of view following the aftermath the enclave's defeat in the west coast, probaly they used the rest of their mark 1 APA's to create the mark 2 and the Hellfire APA, thus the enclave of the EAST cost is formed mostly by remnants from their main base in chicago and midwest, while the rest is scattered along the US and probbaly the commonwealth since they don't want to serve anymore a dead president.

it sucks that beth managed to put the classic grey moral from FO in the put the they missed that in Point Lookout and Zeta, thus tcould put at least Sarah Lyons as your companion after or during broken steel, or even the main quest, but who cares? now the courier and the lone wanderer are now the most feared bad motherfuckers in US until Fallout 4, with 1 being badass and immune to Rads along with Rad regen, and the other one being immortal cyborg badass after Old World Blues.

and Gentlemen, enough with the Lore talking here(allright that i've started the discussion here), we're talking about Pipboy mods so lets keep it ok

... it'd be like when I got a friend that's a FPS gamer to play Fallout once.... he kept wondering why everyone shot at him' date=' all he was doing was pickpocketing them.[/quote']

Ah yes, for just such people, the compass and the theft icon were invented and inflicted on us all. The same people ensured we got nothing that flies in Oblivion. Clifracers were so hated by people who couldn't grasp they were perfect practice for destruction spells or ranged weapons. Oh no, they were irritating because you couldn't hit them with a sword till they came to you.

Alas, we are cursed with the lowest common denominator trend which just dominates gaming these days.