Edge Of Eternity - Modding tools

SepticSpoon

This game looks very interesting.

Edge Of Eternity

Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene on their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion in this grand tale of hope and sacrifice.

Currently only 8-ish hours long apparently, but the 9 developers plan on releasing one chapter every month or so with the same amount of content. (no additional purchase required everything is included with the early access)

They recently released full modding tools as well. (No half-assed tools. I'm looking at you FF XV)

Things that are currently capable with the modding tools:

Edge of Eternity is an indie game made by a handful of people (9 actually) aiming to create a great, open-world JRPG with lush landscapes, a sense of epicness, fast and tactical turn-based combats, etc.

Along with the game's Early Acces, we are releasing our in-house modding tool 

The Eternal Forge

To compare the Eternal Forge to already existing tools, it's practically a mix between Unity, RPG Maker and the Creation Kit. In a nutshell, the Eternal Forge will allow modders to :

• Asset swap Entity Models, Weapons, Audio, FXs
• Create or alter entries in Edge of Eternity's databases (Actors, Items, Spells, Quests, Dialogues, Events, etc.)
• Create new maps or modify existing ones with Unity multi-scene system (And adding stuff like npcs, events, cutscenes, dialogs, quests, rewards, etc.)
• Creating your own standalone adventure by changing the beginning of the game to your custom map and completely create a different story with new actors, npcs, etc.
• Coding in C# to extend the game in a limitless way (we just block access to a few critical function that would endanger computers of the players, but otherwise there is no limit to what you will be able to do.)

If you want to know more on how to get started, there is a thread, and a small tutorial on how to get started here : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7005281-edge-of-eternitys-modkit-the-eternal-forge/

There is also a guide on how to model swap here and more stuff to be added later.

I'll personally hold off on jumping in and see where it goes, but I respect the developers for giving the people a lot of freedom here. (Also, think of the lewds that could be made. You could add a whole bunch of adult stuff to this game.)

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked out this game by the gameplay. looks nice. Glad this game has positive reviews on steam. I just added it to my wishlist so i can get it later. That is nice the game devs allow us to mod it.

but yea, many lewd mods. even the next paradise halls/ falls mod lol 

Folks, keep in mind this is still in an early access stage (is that the new term for "beta?"). It's going to be updated quite frequently until it's finalized. So mods will be a headache until that happens. Otherwise nice find. It's been too long since I had a decent JRPG to play. If this can be modded lewdly... :classic_biggrin:

Archived