It just dawned on me tonight...

Jexsam

Sexy Maid of Chorrol adopted the Claudia's Little Secret mythos into its continuity, effectively making them both of the same mythos.

Sexy Maid of Chorrol further went on to integrate several other mods, most small, some large, into its continuity, which by extension means those mods also fall under CLS's mythos.

Sexy Maids of Skyrim is a direct continuation of SMC, meaning it also shares its lore with CLS and, by extension, the various other mods SMC expanded into.

So, unless there's some other mod series spanning at least two Elder Scrolls games with an original, unifying mythology...

...the CLS/SMC mythology may very well be the most expansive, continuous modded mythos in TES history.

I wonder, though. Enter77 willingly tied SMC into the existing CLS mythos, using it as a basis, but adding a lot of his own lore and taking it in a far more serious grimdark direction in SMS. And between the two, SMC is the only one with a sequel (aforementioned SMS) currently being produced that carries the mythology. Is it still "the CLS mythology" in this case, is CLS/SMC a more proper way to refer to it, or has SMC moved too far from the source material to be considered part of the mythos any longer?

Well, that's an excellent question!

To answer it, I should invest myself a little more into SMC as promised... I will as soon as Gold edition is closing to an end (and I mean it this time).

Dealing with many alternate realities and universes, we also have a lot of lattitude. I will definitely coordinate with Enter before adding the after quest dialogues/explanation in CLS. So we can already integrate the new Skyrim Lore.

The funny thing is that I played through all major quest mods for Oblivion and Païka's quests (need a better name for SMC CLS SMS) are the ones that contains the more references to the ES universe :) A true lore nazi will know...

I am trying to avoid too many CLS references with SMS, mostly because of the serious direction it's taking with the story. I wouldn't want to establish any post-TESIV CLS lore that wouldn't work with the rest of the team's plans.

There are a couple of direct references to Paika in SMS that confirm that she exists in the SMS universe. Serenity's faction from the SMC-CLS crossover also exists in some form, but what happened to the rest of the cult in the 200 year gap between TESIV and V is left ambiguous and won't be touched upon in SMS.

Archived