HDT causing weapons to not keep up with player's hands

So I'm having a very weird glitch that started to happen after I updated to 1.5.62. I updated all of my mods, as well as HDT-SMP and all of a sudden this started happening.

I have no idea what might be causing it. All I know is it has to do with HDT, because if I equip an armor that doesn't have physics, the problem stops happening.

Video of the issue:

Thank you in advance for any help.

Yeah, same happens to me, I even made comparison videos here:

It almost looks like if weapons were moving with the skeleton while the body mesh was kind of slowed by physics making turning slower. That's why the body always looks like it's trying to catch up while weapons are already where they should be.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:09 AM, darkconsole said:

smp has been doing that to me for a while too, but only when it was sheathed on the back and i told xpmse to use a different style.

For me it seems to happen either way. Even when I disable styles, it still happens. I guess I will stick with CBPC for now, since no one seems to know the reason why this happens.

3 hours ago, Nargacuga said:

For me it seems to happen either way. Even when I disable styles, it still happens. I guess I will stick with CBPC for now, since no one seems to know the reason why this happens.

Yup, I got so frustrated that I switched to CBPC too.

The reason why it happens has to be in SMP. My guess is it's some kind of dampening that slows the turning to prevent physics going crazy, because in vanilla, you turn 180° in an instant. The problem is, there is no one to fix it even if we knew what exactly is wrong.

I think someone could come up with a workaround though because bows turn with the character just fine (when on back). There must be something special about the node they are attached to.

Okay. I have partial solution. Only if you want HDT for heels and Hair, outfit physics. (not bouncing sexy parts) I have removed Body config files from hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder and this problem was resolved. I removed (cbbe-feet.xml, cbbe-tbbp.xml for case of CBBE off course)

On 12/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, ShigTay said:

Okay. I have partial solution. Only if you want HDT for heels and Hair, outfit physics. (not bouncing sexy parts) I have removed Body config files from hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder and this problem was resolved. I removed (cbbe-feet.xml, cbbe-tbbp.xml for case of CBBE off course)

still does it for me, its just not as bad.

[edit ] ah if i take the hdt smp wig off it stops doing it.

Archived