PC Gaming Tower

Molevalence

With Christmas coming my brothers 5 year old PC is about ready to kick the bucket. He's aware of this but is computer illiterate. I have basic knowledge of PC's but only ever built one once. I was thinking of getting him a new tower and just wanted to ask would there be any decent gaming towers for around a $1000.00 budget? I could probably safely say that a $1000.00 tower from late 2018/early 2019 would far surpass a 2013 one. I looked around but would rather ask here as many people in this community have vast knowledge/experience with PC's and technical capabilities. Any suggestions are welcome/appreciated.

Probably not what you want to hear, but... IT DEPENDS.

Seriously it depends on what you (your brother) intend to do with it, and what is important to him.

For about 800-1000 you can set up a decent Gaming/Multi-purpose Rig.

You even may be able to get away with something much cheaper.

How does he use it, and for what?

Can/want to keep using some of the currently uses Components?

Want flashy-RGB all over his Rig ?

Fancy glass all over the Rig?

Is it suppose to be Silent?

Future Proofing?

Big & fast SSD wanted?

Does it NEED to have one of these hyped AIO Water Coolers? (which are hardly better than a good Air cooler or more silent, but look good)

Is it suppose to be a showpiece?

Dust Filters?

How much cooling is needed in your Environment?

Warranty wanted?

Can build/assemble self or need a pre-build?

Does it need to be mobile?

On-board WLAN required?

Gsync/Freesync Monitor?

Archived