Flying without Jetpack via TCL (idea for modder)

So I was playing around with various jetpack mods and noticed many have a problem. Well, it may not be the mods themselves but rather the Fallout engine that causes the problem with the sound stacking. The jetpack sound STACKS and eventually all you'll hear is the jetpack engine noise and it's horrid and deafening. You can't escape the horrid sound either. If you load another cell, the sound follows you. All you can do is quick save and reload to get rid of it and some have said that the sound remained even doing that and required a full exit out of the game to clear it. I just ended up having to restart my computer because the sound carried over outside of the game to my desktop!

So jetpacks are bugged in FO4 and not sure if there's a fix for that or not but I ended up with 'i think' a better idea for flying because I wasn't really interested in jetpacks anyways. I'm more interested in vampire stuff. Sexy female vampires to be precise. ?

So I have an idea but I know nothing about modding or animations and would like to pass the idea off onto someone else with the ability to consider if they are interested. This idea works with the almighty TCL command for no clipping/collision. The only problem is that you end up going through walls and the ground with it turned on and it breaks immersion.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to have no clipping WITH collision for certain things like the ground and walls (pretty much anything with a mesh) but still allows you to FLY around in the open air? 

I found some amazingly sexy wings from the TERA Succubus mod and it has the jetpack ability built into the wings already but jetpack in this game really sucks and the sound issue is bad. I even tried a mod that silences the jetpack sound and that worked to end the blast off jetpack sound but eventually all sounds stopped completely for a period of time and then all past sounds ended up trying to play all at the same time from things I had done during the silenced period. That nearly blew my eardrums out and that's what caused me to have to reboot my machine. All of that has something to do with the jetpack sound stacking issue I was talking about before. But there is no sound issues with TCL and avoiding the usage of jetpacks.  

So I was thinking it would work like this. You equip a ring and that turns collision off and allows the character to fly but collision works for the ground and walls and trees and anything with a mesh. When you equip the ring you are still standing upright but if you press the W key to move forward, the character goes into a forward horizontal position (belly towards the ground). If you aim with the mouse upwards towards the sky while holding the W key you ascend in altitude above the ground. If you let go of the W key, your character returns back to the upright normal pose for standing (to simulate hovering above the ground). There would be no need for a backwards flying with the S key. A and D could be used to strafe fly I guess?

To return back to normal you'd need to be low enough in altitude and take the ring off. Your character would fall to their death if too high. 

So I'm wondering if this could be done if someone is interested in the task? 

This is my character "flying" with TCL and using the animation from the CROSS jetpack mod to get rid of the stupid looking T pose from the vanilla jetpack. 

"DEATH FROM ABOVE" 

ScreenShot21.png

ScreenShot22.png

• 2 weeks later...

This post looked lonely.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I've never had the jetpack sound issue you mention, but then again I never allow my game to be updated. I do have a few jetpack mods as well, Like the smaller one you can craft and use without power armor. ( landing can still kill you if not careful with some of those )  Also a mod which uses no stamina and allows you to run like a Keystone Cop.

For Skyrim I did use a flying mod which scripted TCL on/off in conjunction with craft-able wings much like the ones above. I used these for my vampire as well, but it caused issues occasionally (flying), so I opted to use the Cloud of Bats mod instead and was fine with it. I could still use the wings if I cared to without incident.

Clipping is a game engine mechanic and it's either on or off. We don't get to choose what it affects, since it's a way to control the avatar. Ground, Walls, etc. all have reference math which use the same mechanic.

If you want - PM a moderator and ask this be moved to requests. You can also edit your post by adding the the word 'request' to the title so the intentions are clear.

InaruVampireDragonborn.png.f1e17e4b312837f8f8dc104a34ef1d11.png

Archived