Are there any good alternatives for Defeat?

Guest AthenaESIV

Cursed Loot has a combat surrender feature, and I think some other mods do this as well but cannot recall which ones right now.

Defeat has the most options though. In my experience Defeat isn't so bad, it's YMoYL that sucks. You can use defeat without also installing Your Money or Your Life. I highly recommend it if you do not find a Defeat alternative you like. YMoYL got kicked out of my load order over a year ago and it will never make it back in barring a complete redo that everyone gives good reviews to.

• 2 years later...
On 12/7/2018 at 1:46 AM, AthenaESIV said:

Cursed Loot has a combat surrender feature, and I think some other mods do this as well but cannot recall which ones right now.

Defeat has the most options though. In my experience Defeat isn't so bad, it's YMoYL that sucks. You can use defeat without also installing Your Money or Your Life. I highly recommend it if you do not find a Defeat alternative you like. YMoYL got kicked out of my load order over a year ago and it will never make it back in barring a complete redo that everyone gives good reviews to.

Unfotunately I have to HEAVILY disagree, as defeat is extremely buggy, and game breaking; things like followers being broken and not following ever again, things like ctd, it's just a mod I would suggest mod users stay away from.

Hopefully somebody will create a safer alternative soon. else we're all screwed :(

On 12/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, bauzz said:

Defeat is still pretty good, but I'm wondering if there are any alternatives to it. Is there?

Only one I can think of that comes close is Sexlab Submit, but the main mod is full of problems. Luckily, buried in the comments under its mod page, is a Patch someone made that fixes some major issues. I used to use it and it certainly had the appealing bonus of your captives following you while tied up. Much more immersive than putting them in a sack like defeat. But even though I never had issues, make sure to find the patch and use at your own risk if you plan to try it. 

Not really, no. There is Naked Defeat, wich strives there, but it covers only part of functionality.

There is also Yamete!, havent really looked into that one, but it appears to aim for Defeats .esp slot as well.

I tried to find a "lighter" alternative back in LE (Defeat does take a noticeable time while looking for suitable animations), after trying some options (SSX/DCL surrender), went back to Defeat. Its not particularly fast, but it is reliable, unless something actively screws with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AthenaESIV
On 11/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, Nevadathehighelf said:

Unfotunately I have to HEAVILY disagree, as defeat is extremely buggy, and game breaking; things like followers being broken and not following ever again, things like ctd, it's just a mod I would suggest mod users stay away from.

Hopefully somebody will create a safer alternative soon. else we're all screwed :(

I mean... In the three years since you necro'd my post to disagree with me (lol)... Naked Defeat and Battlefuck have been released... I actually use both of those (albiet lots of customizations to my Naked Defeat install) and I still even use Baka's version of Defeat (I've configured all three via MCM to work well together on my install). I really like Battlefuck. It's an inspired mod, easy to customize, and when it works as intended, is by far the best defeat type mod I've ever used.

But yea, 3 years ago when I posted this? I would have maintained that Defeat without YMOYL was the best way to go. Now it's different, as many other things are.

As for the newer Ostim based defeat mod... TBH there is just absolutely 0% chance I will ever use any OSA based mod after all the Ceo horseshit.

Edited by AthenaESIV
On 12/5/2021 at 8:25 PM, AthenaESIV said:

I mean... In the three years since you necro'd my post to disagree with me (lol)... Naked Defeat and Battlefuck have been released... I actually use both of those (albiet lots of customizations to my Naked Defeat install) and I still even use Baka's version of Defeat (I've configured all three via MCM to work well together on my install). I really like Battlefuck. It's an inspired mod, easy to customize, and when it works as intended, is by far the best defeat type mod I've ever used.

But yea, 3 years ago when I posted this? I would have maintained that Defeat without YMOYL was the best way to go. Now it's different, as many other things are.

As for the newer Ostim based defeat mod... TBH there is just absolutely 0% chance I will ever use any OSA based mod after all the Ceo horseshit.

aww man, this post is three years old? lol, I didn't know, ? :D 

Actually, I should apologize, as I actually said to hell with it a month ago, and literally just went and installed Defeat back in again.

It's not giving me as much problems as I remember, but can confirm that it is indeed still buggy. :D 

Not many users like the idea of 'gettin rapy', and so they usually don't dedicate themselves to creating a better version.

Sadly it might be a while before one can be cooked up.

Oh I don't even know why they even made OSA, it's like not necessary. Sexlab is King, and has the most sex themed mods made for it, it's really the default that I use

Guest AthenaESIV
19 hours ago, Nevadathehighelf said:

aww man, this post is three years old? lol, I didn't know, ? :D 

Actually, I should apologize, as I actually said to hell with it a month ago, and literally just went and installed Defeat back in again.

It's not giving me as much problems as I remember, but can confirm that it is indeed still buggy. :D 

Not many users like the idea of 'gettin rapy', and so they usually don't dedicate themselves to creating a better version.

Sadly it might be a while before one can be cooked up.

Oh I don't even know why they even made OSA, it's like not necessary. Sexlab is King, and has the most sex themed mods made for it, it's really the default that I use

I highly recommend giving this one a try:

be prepared for occasional glitches, but for me they haven't been game breaking in latest version. However mods like this (any of them really) effect save games.

Personally, I only use Defeat for surrender hotkey, and then pair it with succubus drain to attempt winning fights with enemies way to strong to beat. I think most of the bugs people have with Defeat are bleedout procs.

• 4 weeks later...