Graphics issues

Teddar

Hi all. So i got a new PC ( i7 cpu at 8700 + 16 gigs of DDR3) not so long ago and recently decided to install Sims 3. I got all the custom content i wanted and all that stuff is fine. However, im having some issues with some sims rendering in ridiculously low polygon counts. I might have five sims in a room and four of them will render in very high poly but one will look like he/she is from 1992. It might be the sim im controlling or it might be another apparently random sim in the room. It seems to be random. I think that the issue is that the game doesn't recognise my graphics card (GTX 1080 ti) as the game is so old now, so its downgrading the graphics. I need some help with either tweaking my graphics rules or a place to go to find a pre-done set of graphics rules that will recognise and make use of recent cards and cpu's. Ive been googling and tried a few things but most of the advice is at least a couple of years old now. Can anyone help me out?

1 hour ago, Teddar said:

Hi all. So i got a new PC ( i7 cpu at 8700 + 16 gigs of DDR3) not so long ago and recently decided to install Sims 3. I got all the custom content i wanted and all that stuff is fine. However, im having some issues with some sims rendering in ridiculously low polygon counts. I might have five sims in a room and four of them will render in very high poly but one will look like he/she is from 1992. It might be the sim im controlling or it might be another apparently random sim in the room. It seems to be random. I think that the issue is that the game doesn't recognise my graphics card (GTX 1080 ti) as the game is so old now, so its downgrading the graphics. I need some help with either tweaking my graphics rules or a place to go to find a pre-done set of graphics rules that will recognise and make use of recent cards and cpu's. Ive been googling and tried a few things but most of the advice is at least a couple of years old now. Can anyone help me out?

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

Archived