Looking for Modding "Tutor"

First of all, I have read the rules and I don't believe this was explicitly forbidden but if it is I apologize as it is probably going to toe the line regardless haha...

So without beating around the bush I am looking for someone /experienced/ in modding Skyrim (not making mods mind you) to help with or just... do.... my Skyrim modding. Again I'm not requesting mods be made, just help modding my Skyrim. I realize this isn't something you just do for random strangers, at least not to the extent I am needing, so am willing to compensate with: money.

Long exposition in spoilers;

Spoiler

Sounds a little crazy, I know, but I am at my wits end. I've read about 15 guides (kind of an exaggeration, kind of not...) including the Reddit Beginners guide, the TESG pastebin guide, S.T.E.P. core, etc etc etc... I've read it all. And while through these guides I've come to understand how to download and install mods and do very, very, VERY simple patches etc etc etc... I still am unable to wrap my head around the scope of modding je ne sais quois required to do any sort of graphical overhaul such as body replacers, textures, presets, RaceMenu, BodySlide, ENB presets and much more.

I just don't get it. I can't. I've spent WEEKS, literally the past 3, reading and reading and reading guides and mod pages and I don't get it. Most of these resources just say "download [things]" and then "okay now follow the install instructions and install [things] and THAT'S IT you've got the best looking Skyrim there is." No one ever explains why or how. Or how to get your armor to match your new body mod. Or how to make all of your NPCs to not look like jerky. Or why you still have a vanilla Skyrim jerky face but a hot body.

Please, I know there will be some very kind individuals who will link me to resources so I may learn myself, and I will look at them if they do, but for the sake of all that is holy I think I am beyond learning this stuff at this point. I have downloaded programs to help me look at .dds and .nif files, I've downloaded texture organizers and I've built morphs in BodySlide and I still don't know what the hell any of this is. I don't even know what a morph is! Everyone and every resource just talks about it like I should. Chirst!!!

So I am looking for someone who can, with their own expertise, help me get my game modded correctly to my specific needs and specifications. I know what I want my game to do, I just can't do it. Again, I'm not looking for anyone to make a mod for me and if something is not feasible I can compromise but really... It's just not happening on my own. Not at this point.

Why ask on LL? Well, I want my characters to look nice and have sex functionality and make the game look as gorgeous as I see others have.  I want Skyrim to still be a game above all else but I'd like to have a little bit of romance! No rape, creature stuff etc not that there's anything wrong with it. I want to romance waifus and husbandos though.

tl;dr: Idiot can't figure out Skyrim. Idiot asks others to help. Idiot has tried helping self but after weeks or research, study, and reading, Idiot does not understand. Idiot asks for more than the average person would be willing to give. Idiot offers compensation for "tutoring".

EDIT: I have both vanilla Skyrim + expansions and Skyrim SE. I don't have a preference for either one but as far as I know SRLE is the best for graphical mods.

Want sex mods, go for Skyrim. Want just a sexy Skyrim, go for SSE.

Any mod you download, make sure you read the description, have all the requirements, and correct load order.

Use Mod Organizer

Bethini

SkyUI

18+ bodies - For an easy all-one body installer for females, use All-In-One HDT Animated Pussy. SOS male bodies is the most compatible with a majority of adult mods.

Get either RaceMenu or Enhanced Character Edit (not both)

Look for ENB tutorials on YouTube

I usually install mods (not plugins) in this load order, unless suggested otherwise for individual mods; SKSE, Main DLC and unofficial patches, landscape expansions, SKSE plugin mods like Load Game CTD Fix and Crash Fixes, SkyUI, RaceMenu, Graphical mods, player homes, NPC Visual Overhsauls, added NPCs, follower mods, AI Mods, armor, weapons, magic, Overhauls, quests, male body, animations, sex mods, female body, Sex mods that modify the female body, BodySlide, XPMSE, mods that add race changes/body changes/skeleton edits, and patches.

Here is your Tutor, the rest is trial and error.

GamerPoets Follow his initial setup videos 1-4, and do a search in his channel for the following; Loot, TES5Edit, Wrye Bash, SKSE, Bodyslide, FNIS,  Merge PLugins, and DynDOLOD (optional).

1 hour ago, dadvahkiin said:

Thank you for the help, as I said not what I'm looking for but I /will/ read it all and give it another shot. Again, I genuinely appreciate it. : )

Spoiler
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, dadvahkiin said:

I am looking for someone /experienced/ in modding Skyrim (not making mods mind you) to help with or just... do.... my Skyrim modding.

Well no one is gonna do it for you for various reasons, and that wouldn't be a tutor (in other words; to teach or give advice). So giving it anothers shot is really your only option.

Right, right. Tutor was a bad choice of words but I think my main post made my intentions clear which was to basically pay someone to build a mod list, make patches, compile assets etc for me so I can just play the game the way I'd like (while modded) instead of getting a masters in computer science.

I know that sounded rude and I don't want it to come off that way -- I still genuinely appreciate the help and I'll keep trying to figure out what the hell to do but my offer still stands as is.

I'm just going say it sounds like you're doing a lot of reading but not a lot of doing. You need to go step by step, and you will mess up but if you're using MO it's not gonna be irreversible. What does every guide say? First move steam out of x86 program files and into anywhere else, like E:/steam, google it it's not hard. Do it now, don't wait until you've read the rest. Then they say start with a clean install of skyrim. So do that. Follow STEP for it and stop, you don't need to follow the entire STEP, you'll be 91 years old by the time you finish, it's a great reference though. Okay, you actually went and did it, good job. Now, the best part. This is the guide I watched many years ago, and when I came back to modding last year it was a good refresher. Nobody beats gopher in explaining modding imo.

Watch part 1-4, 7-8, 10(You can watch the rest later imo). Do it as you go! Do not watch it all and then try to do it all at once, it's not gonna happen. After you've done this, then if you still have questions feel free to ask them here or reddit.

Archived