Is Photoshop a viable app to blend textures?

Friedboi

Hey all, so I recently have been trying to change the color of my characters body to match another texture. So far I've downloaded NifScope, Gimp, and the DDS plugin it needs. I converted my dds files from my character over to a photoshop image. All I really want to do is slightly modify the color of both textures so that they match. I looked into caliente's texture blend and it only seems to work with neck seams and CBBE to UNP textures.  I'm not sure if there's any easier way to blend or change the color of textures and so far I've been pretty unsuccessful finding any other mods that could work in its place. If I sound completely ridiculous for using Photoshop please tell me, I'm a complete noob when it comes to modifying textures. Thanks for the help

On 11/10/2018 at 2:03 AM, Friedboi said:

Hey all, so I recently have been trying to change the color of my characters body to match another texture. So far I've downloaded NifScope, Gimp, and the DDS plugin it needs. I converted my dds files from my character over to a photoshop image. All I really want to do is slightly modify the color of both textures so that they match. I looked into caliente's texture blend and it only seems to work with neck seams and CBBE to UNP textures.  I'm not sure if there's any easier way to blend or change the color of textures and so far I've been pretty unsuccessful finding any other mods that could work in its place. If I sound completely ridiculous for using Photoshop please tell me, I'm a complete noob when it comes to modifying textures. Thanks for the help

What is a Photoshop image?   "If I sound completely ridiculous for using Photoshop..."  With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you know how to use Photoshop at all, simply by asking the question.  Gimp (as are many other image manipulation programs) is OK, but Photoshop has been the "King Of The Hill" forever.  The answer to your question is yes, but I certainly can't tell you how to use Photoshop in a couple of sentences. It's far too complex.

Archived