FO4 Brothel decorations mod?

I've been using the RSE for some time now and its a cool mod, but while the mod does allow you to build Brothels to your settlements, it doesn't really come with any decorations. So your Brothels look like any other building in your settlement.

Do you guys know if there are any Brothel decoration mods?

• 3 weeks later...

Creating you own furniture is easy... just need the CK and Nifskope. No real knowledge required, not really...

In the CK, create a new cell, TESTCELL or some such. It just needs an empty cell. Then go into the FURNITURE or STATIC object trees and start dragging your lego pieces into the render view. Position the pieces as you want them.

madame01.JPG.eb4db082a8fbcaa87bb221dbe01d17fe.JPG

madame02.JPG.0937054f2f78f49f0925a8b951ffaa96.JPG

When you have them positioned, you CONTROL click each piece to highlight them all. Right click and tell the CK in the context menu to make a static collection. This merges the meshes into ONE nif file and exports it.

You then load the SCOL mesh into Nifskope.

madame03.JPG.37cf45620a6dce8877055527b2db3dcd.JPG

You need do nothing but load it and then resave it to clean the mesh up (auto-sanitize).

Then back in the CK, you create a furniture item (if it will be used by NPCs) or a static item (decorative items only) and tell it to use that SCOL nif file as the model.

madame04.JPG.c0bef0d5be2fbce518e28e3e89894430.JPG

In my case, I added the bartender marker and positioned it. Once that was done, I literally have a brand new desk for RSE's brothel madame's to work at. All I need to do is add a CONSTRUCTABLE OBJECT form and link it to the settlement build menu, and boom... new desk, ingame, for the madame to use (minus a load of form tweaking with keywords, actor values and attached scripts).

The method holds true for anything you want to turn into a placable object ingame... hell, with this base method, you could build your own settlement prefab buildings. Floors, walls, ceiling... select them all, turn them into a static collection, boom... instant one item instant-houses.

6 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

<snip>

The method holds true for anything you want to turn into a placable object ingame... hell, with this base method, you could build your own settlement prefab buildings. Floors, walls, ceiling... select them all, turn them into a static collection, boom... instant one item instant-houses.

I was looking for this for ages, thanks! :)

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I was looking for this for ages, thanks! :)

Of all places, I learned it yesterday while going through the tutorial PDFs for making Sim Settlements addons, since this is the exact method used to make the different stages of a plot. I figured if it works for a fully furnished and decorated house, it should work for furniture pieces. And sure enough, it truly does... linked below. Though you may not go with a SS addon, the information in these PDFs is priceless.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22808

ScreenShot2294.png.e4fda66ed676b1c3754f86e56f80e1db.png

ScreenShot2296.png.5d2ebb23d95786cf0d19849208848be2.png

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 11:27 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Of all places, I learned it yesterday while going through the tutorial PDFs for making Sim Settlements addons, since this is the exact method used to make the different stages of a plot. I figured if it works for a fully furnished and decorated house, it should work for furniture pieces. And sure enough, it truly does... linked below. Though you may not go with a SS addon, the information in these PDFs is priceless.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22808

ScreenShot2294.png.e4fda66ed676b1c3754f86e56f80e1db.png

ScreenShot2296.png.5d2ebb23d95786cf0d19849208848be2.png

I've been going through the PDF's today, trying to create some prefab shacks for my next playthrough. I have it all working, but the foundation of the shacks don't clip through the ground. Not sure why it's not working, I'll have to check the NIF, I think.

Its a bit of trial and error and requires you to do some pretty extensive testing in game, to resolve this.

First thing, make a backup copy of your NIF file to use as a rollback. The reason being, you need to go into nifskope with the NIF you made and examine it's multiple physics nodes and it's collision object nodes. The more statics you add, the more merged physics systems are calculated and it adds multiple collisions and this can cause a LOT of issues when placing ingame. So you need to examine the merged physics block to ensure it's settings are good and start deleting some of the collision objects, then save the NIF with a new name and import that into your form in the CK, to test it ingame. If it works on first try, that's awesome! But if not, you simply delete that NIF, reload the master NIF you backed up, do different deletions on the merged physics and collision nodes and continue the process until you get it right.

Its a PITA, yes, but eventually, you do hit the right combination and it'll simply just work. I had to go through that with some of my collections for the AN:SS mod, where I had like 10 different statics put into a collection (the espresso machine was the worst). It took me forever to get the espresso machine to work and it sucked too - place it in WS mode and it would immediately topple over and sink below ground level. LOL.

image.png.f57195287e1d19a5948b77d036ca5e90.png

See all of the collision objects and the merged physics system? You gotta do like me and go through them all one by one and find which need to be removed. Then you need to reorder and sanitize the blocks. Probably a good idea to clear the headers too, to remove unneeded strings and children blocks.

Thanks for that extensive writeup. That's what I was nearly figuring out, before you wrote it. It's quite a PITA to be sure.

I usually build shacks in a certain manner as I build so many and since Sim Settlements was crashing so much for me, I was hoping to put some shacks together myself, but there's more issues I'm running into after saving the NIF :).

It also removes all snap points (eg.. for doors) and the collision is generally borked (it also looks like the navmesh is removed) which causes other furniture and statics to fall through after placing the shack in the world.

I have only two collission objects to play with in the NIF.

image.png.9f5b07aca68d11d69430c35ebe03bd4b.png

image.png.ba2fe33bfe20c7c191917630ccfa58bc.png

Id look at removing all of the collision objects for the various BSTriShape nodes for one... you really only need one collision object and that will likely be on the merged physics node. Sucks that you have two of them visible there - more trial and error on your part. But for sure, go through the TRIShapes under block [2 NiNode], where all of the trishapes show - my guess is you will find each one has its own collision object and youre likely going to need to delete all of those collision blocks.

As for it removing that snap points, thats a new one for me, although it makes sense. Snap points are actually invisible geometry in the NIF file and its my thinking that the SCOL doesn't export them since a static collection likely wasnt intended to be used in this way. You may need to see about readding a snap point, at least for the ground plane, via 3DS Max or at the least, research to see if there is a Connect Point node you can add that will allow it to snap to the ground. But I am fairly sure once you correct the collision objects, you will see the model floats across the ground plane in WS Mode and upon placement, will be oriented correctly. This may resolve the navmesh issue as well, although I cannot be entirely certain as I have never made an SCOL that was to be used as something NPCs could walk on. All of my SCOLs have been decorative only.

Look into creating a connect point of type: P-WS-ORIGIN. That may be what you need.

But looking at the prefab houses in the CK, I can see all of the attach points there in the statics. I'd recommend extracting this NIF from the fallout4 esm and checking it out in Nifskope: Architecture\Shacks\Prefabs\ShackPrefabCompleteLg01.nif

image.png.72a3ad2ce92d1c339352e09b41611331.png

(Sorry for hijacking this thread!)

Well I can't seem to add connection points through NifSkope, it definitely crashes Fallout when I do it. I did manage to make the shack level at the right height, by adjusting the origin points of the physics objects and mesh itself, so it's a start. All I need to do now is manage to add a connection point for the door, for that I need and origin point, and a door point connected to it as slave, I think if I follow the example of the prefab right. I still don't get how they add the connections points though, there must be a way to do it in the CK...

Ivy seems to be able to scale it, so I'm not too worried about the navmesh at this point, beds also seem to clip right.

Ideally, it would add lights, a bed, a security marker and a turret as well. But that's way beyond my skillset and beyond the time I want to spend on this little experiment. ?

I found some tutorials online on snap points and I'm looking into those now.

(Edit: I fixed the positioning. It now positions correctly as it should and you can move the shack just like any other foundation, partly into the ground! I was adding the BSConnectionPoints in the wrong way. The only real issue I have now is that the markers aren't showing at all, despite whatever filters I set in Nifskope. So I'll need to add editormarkers during the export, then I can use the location of those to create the connection point for the door to snap into. Since I also found snappoints for lights, I'll look into adding those as well.)

image.png.c64f314d124c7f3accd6948ace088538.png

image.png.be1726fe6011cc024908f0dd30a6b6b2.png

image.png.77272d9b01621c457fab82d30df45529.png

Archived