Dragonborn dlc question

Veta

So here is a silly question !

I had read the elder scroll lore form uesp and remembered that the first to receive dragon blood form Akatosh was Alessia which came to be known as saint Alessia .

And having played skyrim i understood that dragonblood makes you dragonborn so doesnt that make her the first Dragonborn ?

Or is it that bethesda is messing up it Lore:huh:

She was the first Empress but I have not seen anything saying she was gifted with the dragon tongue.

I think there is confusion on having Akatosh's blood and actually being dragon born. If you remember Martin Septim could not use dragon shouts.

Dragon born is not the same as dragon blooded (the emperor's\empress's). It is rather silly but that seems to be what Bethesda is telling us. Personally I can't see why the two are not one but I am not the one writing the lore so my opinion isn't worth a crap.

She was the first Empress but I have not seen anything saying she was gifted with the dragon tongue.

I think there is confusion on having Akatosh's blood and actually being dragon born. If you remember Martin Septim could not use dragon shouts.

Dragon born is not the same as dragon blooded (the emperor's\empress's). It is rather silly but that seems to be what Bethesda is telling us. Personally I can't see why the two are not one but I am not the one writing the lore so my opinion isn't worth a crap.

Martin couldn't learn shouts because there was no shouts to learn at that time. He simply couldn't, being also a the son of a random farmer how could he even think about it?

Both are the same imo ! I guess it's a all new character that was hidden in the dark waiting for his/her return :P

So basically what you are saying is that dragon blood and soul are different ?

According to bethesda dragonborn are send by the gods in time of need? So does that mean that the hero of Kvatch was a dragonborn but you could not wear the amulet of kings because you didn't have dragon blood?

Also anyone can learn shouts it is just that having the blood ( or soul I am not sure ) of a dragon makes learning it more easy ,so if the greybeards had done to Martin what they did to dovahkiin ( give understading of shouts ) he would be able to use it as easily

In TES lore, according to Skyrim lore,shouts can be leant by anyone whether or not having Dragonblood or being a Dragonborn.For example Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak is neither but he murdered high King Torryg with a shout!

So here is a silly question !

I had read the elder scroll lore form uesp and remembered that the first to receive dragon blood form Akatosh was Alessia which came to be known as saint Alessia .

And having played skyrim i understood that dragonblood makes you dragonborn so doesnt that make her the first Dragonborn ?

Or is it that bethesda is messing up it Lore:huh:

Near the end of her reign' date=' as Alessia lay dying, she was visited by Lorkhan, called Shezarr in Cyrodiil.[3'] He brought with him a pact from Akatosh, the chief of all gods, for Alessia. Akatosh infused Alessia with his own divine blood, then had Shezarr place her soul into the newly formed Amulet of Kings. Akatosh then sealed off the planes of Oblivion, which keeps the Aedra and Daedra from ever walking Nirn again. Alessia's soul was bound to this seal, as Akatosh vowed: as long as an heir of his and Alessia's joined blood sat on the throne of Cyrodiil, and wore the Amulet of Kings, the seal will remain in place and Tamriel would be safe from Oblivion.

In TES lore' date=' according to Skyrim lore,shouts can be leant by anyone whether or not having Dragonblood or being a Dragonborn.For example Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak is neither but he murdered high King Torryg with a shout!

[/quote']

Taken from Skyrim wiki

A Dragonborn (transliterated from D.svgO.svgV.svgAh.svgK.svgIi.svgN.svg to Dovahkiin in the Dragon language) is a rare individual who has been born with the blood and soul of a Dragon, but the body of a mortal, and can naturally learn and speak their ancient and powerful tongue.

So basically what you are saying is that dragon blood and soul are different ?

According to bethesda dragonborn are send by the gods in time of need? So does that mean that the hero of Kvatch was a dragonborn but you could not wear the amulet of kings because you didn't have dragon blood?

Also anyone can learn shouts it is just that having the blood ( or soul I am not sure ) of a dragon makes learning it more easy ' date='so if the greybeards had done to Martin what they did to dovahkiin ( give understading of shouts ) he would be able to use it as easily

[/quote']

Being Dragonborn means you have both a dragon soul AND dragon blood.

You can see that when you need to open the Sky Temple of the Blades.

They needed your blood to open the door. I also remember a dragon saying that you had the soul of a dragon. But I don't remember which one.

Concerning the hero of Kvatch, I'm sure he was not a Dragonborn.

I think Martin could have learned the shouts but, he knew that he was the Emperor's son a bit too late imo. Because he had to die to stop the Oblivion Crisis.

From what I understand the entire Septim bloodline were "Dragonborn" but ended with Martin. The reason none were going around shouting was (From my understanding, and assumtion) for two reasons.

1. The greybeards didn't summon them to teach them the way of the voice, I assume there was no need. With the exception being Tiber Septim (Talos) who's destiny was announced by the Greybeards when they summoned him. Guess the other Septims just weren't as important.

2. Without the Greybeards teaching them, and no dragons for them to absorb the Knowledge along with their soul. The only way for them to learn the Thu'um would be years of devotion to it. They didn't really have time for that seeing as they had an empire to rule.

The one thing I am not understanding about the DLC is the Greybeards specifically tell you that you are the only Dragonborn to have been revealed to them, but you might not be the only one. Yet they are calling him the first Dragonborn (Of this age, not of all time) so that implies that he was known before you ... Rather the Greybeards are liars and I should kill Paarthurnax now, or they aren't as awesome and knowing as people think. Also How could he have been killing Dragons and gathering power from absorbing souls if Alduin didn't come back until you came around.

I guess its more than possible that Alduin came back before, but the Dragons were hiding until there were more of them alive (Even though only Dragonborn can permanently kill a Dragon so they wouldn't need to hide) And this random guy realized he was a Dragonborn and started killing them in secret .... That, or word spreads really really really slow and this all happened in a place thats pretty far from Skyrim, and you'll be going there.

The problem with TES is that they are two things not to be confused when dealing with lore:

1) The in-game legends: basically what the inhabitants of Tamriel believe. It can be wrong due to biased historians, or be a matter of debate (both in-game and IRL);

2) The in-game reality: if you didn't see it happen, it belong to the first category.

An example is that the Alesian rebellion is said to have wiped the Ayleids, but there are now "proofs" that she did use powerful Ayleids to rule as local lords in her name.

It's basically the same with any kind of coherent mythology, like LOTR.

Archived