Body mods and New California

Has anyone gotten custom bodies working for the player in the New California mod?

NPC's use the body fine, but the player has a custom underwear over it and I can't seem to replace it with any other body mod. Having Mass Effect style sex isn't the end of the world, but the custom body they've used has really low detail legs and feet.

For the females I just used the type C replacer since they have way too many custom armors to use type 3 or preferably type 6m, and for the males I actually used the vanilla nude mesh with dicks not breeze or Roberts for the same reason. I installed them with MO2 and renames the vanilla male meshes to the same ones used in sexout bodysuits.

It's because you guy's aren't either aren't overwriting the default meshes properly or your not overwriting the FNC nude meshes for certain races not all of them are not named the same as the vanilla meshes.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Get BSA browser or any other BSA inspection tool, open up the mesh .bsa from California (if there is one, otherwise open up the main .bsa, since I have no idea what files come with this mod) and look for a string called "femaleupperbody".  You probably will find a femaleupperbody.nif and femaleupperbody.egt entry and so on. Now the only thing you have to do is to remember the file path that leads to the entries, create the same exact file path inf your actual NV/data folder and copy the nude meshes into it. Textures don't need a different file path, since the .nif files contain the texture path.