Working on building my own D/s system. Ambitious but noob.

I am working on a large sims 4 world building project; 

I am building a fantasy world of Masters, slaves, submissives, doms, demons, angels, monsters, etc.   I have realized that I will need to create some traits, careers, skills, aspirations, and anything else that sort of goes into forming a Sims' personality. 

I am a long time player - since the first game - but this would be my first time trying to make something.   Do people have suggestions on tutorials or programs that would help?

Right now I have:

Careers - Create-A-Career beta

Traits - Zerbu's Mod Creator V. 3

I am thinking I can use MCC and Wicked Whims to modify some defaults or create some tweeks.

Is there a way to create skills? Aspirations?  Moods?

Is there a way to create career outfits?

Am I stuck just rearranging Maxis' elements, or can I actually create a working system of D/s for the game?  

I guess what I am asking, is:  This seems like a big project and I am new to this sort of thinking outside of playing the game.  Anyone have any suggestions on a good place for me to start in terms of planning/stragisting?   Programs/Mods I should try.  Ideas on what the actual careers and traits should be.  

I know I sound like I am saying I have no idea how to do this.  And that is what I am saying.  But I have the ambition, so any help would be appreciated and not be wasted.

Good luck with this, it's well out of my league with code stuff so I may not be much help but it may be possible given what Turbodriver, Basemental and Sacrificial have achieved, maybe worth talking to one of them for a starting point,

My only advice is that if you're new to scripts and modding it may be an idea to hold fire until November as the python programming used by this game is due for a overhaul/upgrade which will break the existing mods and tools,

The devs are on the case and new templates and tools are being put together in preparation for this

On 10/31/2018 at 9:24 AM, R-Lo said:

Good luck with this, it's well out of my league with code stuff so I may not be much help but it may be possible given what Turbodriver, Basemental and Sacrificial have achieved, maybe worth talking to one of them for a starting point,

My only advice is that if you're new to scripts and modding it may be an idea to hold fire until November as the python programming used by this game is due for a overhaul/upgrade which will break the existing mods and tools,

The devs are on the case and new templates and tools are being put together in preparation for this

Yes, I was reading about that yesterday and having the same thought.  I am sort of learning and reading now and looking at mods that do things that I want to learn how to do, and waiting to really learn how to do it all until after the big update.  Good advice.

I think for now I will focus on learning how to make traits and maybe buffs.  

10 minutes ago, LittleTart said:

Yes, I was reading about that yesterday and having the same thought.  I am sort of learning and reading now and looking at mods that do things that I want to learn how to do, and waiting to really learn how to do it all until after the big update.  Good advice.

Good luck with your experimenting and I hope you have fun with it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 5:56 PM, LittleTart said:

Like R-Lo said, you might want hold off until the big update drops. As for making traits and buffs, both of those features are a part of Zerbu's Mod Creator. There is a slightly outdated tutorial HERE that gives the general how-to.

If you haven't already, fully plot out the "tree" of your traits and what affect they will have on other new and existing traits & skills and see if there are already in-game buffs you may want to recycle. If you are considering new skills too, you may want to go through and see what in-game skill may already somewhat fit what you have in mind and if possible clone/edit those.

There is an Omegaverse Mod that you may want to look at that may help as you build the system.

Best of luck to you!

• 2 months later...

I am still working on it.  I lost my hard drive in December and all my years of mods and games and stuff as well as my progress, so I was forced to start over from scratch.  That said, I am working on learning Zerbu's now.  However, since I like playing and didn't want to wait, I found that the Ares trait on Mod the Sims has some nice Dom like buffs and nice buff effects on other characters. 

Archived