Added mods now it gives me an error when i start the game

Qanaden

Hey guys so as the title says i added some of the sexlab mods and parts of them work but the majority does not the only one thats working is the SL kidnapped mod i followed the guide and installed everything yet i keep getting the same errors can anyone help me

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot1.png

But the error messages you posted are self-explanatory.

1st error message: bad SKSE install.

2nd error message: bad Skyrim install.

So I'd start by checking that you have your Skyrim correctly installed... Steam should take care of the update. Then re-install SKSE, there are plenty of guides about how to do it, but basically you have to place the dll and exe files right where the skyrim.exe and skyrimlauncer.exe are (your main install folder, under Steaa/steamapps/common). Nothing should work if you don't have SKSE -or worst your whole Skyrim- correctly installed.

5 hours ago, Qanaden said:

i started it through the nexus mod manager last time i tried to start the game with skse it crashed it and i wasnt able to play anymore

You need to start it through the skse_loader, so again: check that you have it installed correctly (from here, the "Current build 1.7.3").

And the game version too, unless you have a previous install from several years ago (and somehow you skipped updates from the past several years...) you should have the latest Skyrim LE version (1.9.32, released around 2013...).

Spoiler
28 minutes ago, Qanaden said:

i did install it from the link you provided and i made sure that everything is up to date everytime i launch it through SKSE it starts old skyrim not SE which is what im playing on and i know i installed the SE build of SKSE 

You just confused the heck out of me! Your version of Skyrim is LE or SE? Your version of SKSE is LE or SE? The right answer is that BOTH are the same version (whichever version that is).

1 hour ago, Qanaden said:

i did install it from the link you provided and i made sure that everything is up to date everytime i launch it through SKSE it starts old skyrim not SE which is what im playing on and i know i installed the SE build of SKSE 

You keep saying you did it all correctly, your issue is kinda simple so if its not already solved its clearly because you're missing something and should re-do it right. Can you provide a screenshoot of your install? in order to see if everything is where it should be (basic skse files at least). You could also check your game version quickly (right click on the skyrim.exe -> Properties -> and under the "Details" tab you should see "Product version":xxxxxx)

And yeah, I wonder if you got confused at writing about LE and SE versions or at installing them...

If I understand correctly you have received an error from Racemenu (your first post) and now SexLab (your most recent post) saying that your Skyrim files don't work. I can only conclude that your Skyrim files don't work. Delete them all and start your game from scratch. Let me recommend that you might want to follow DonTouchMeThere's excellent blog on starting over again in Skyrim. It can be found here:

Archived