Stuck on "Select Play Style" screen

redman12

Hey so i just downloaded the game and its dlc about an hour ago. I tried to run it and it seemed to be working fine, i pressed m for the first screen that pops up, then i was prompted to press any key to continue and that worked fine too, then i was at the main screen with a pop up saying "select your play style" with the option casual highlighted, no matter what i do i cant select my playstyle or move anything up or down, im just stuck on that screen. The game is still running but the controls wont register.

Iv tried removing all the usb's plugged into my pc and that didnt work, i tried removing my old keyboard and my xbox control from devices and printers but that didnt work either, even tried removing my mouse and hid keyboard. And yes iv tried re-downloading/re-installing the game and restarting my pc. Iv also tried using a save data but its still stuck on that screen, i tried deleting a file called thumbs in save data but nothing happens. only thing that gave my any kind of response was unplugging my speakers. Which then the game wouldnt even launch it would just stop responding. I am using a Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard, Razer Naga Chroma mouse, RIG 500 HD Surround Sound/Sony Surround Sound Speakers (i only use one of them at a time)

Edit: when i press F5 the screen changes to only display the background, and when i press F1 it slows down the background animation, then pressing it again will speed it back up to normal. So bascially my keyboard is registering for the game, just not that screen?

57 minutes ago, Spaceharrier99 said:

If you have a controller, try using that to navigate around the game and not the keyboard.  The key/button icons that show up on the screen prompts are not accurate to what you actually have.  

Thanks for replying, but iv already tried that, even tried removing everything but the controller and smashed every button, nothing seems to work. iv seen other people with this problem and some of em have never found the answer and just given up. i even treid following one of those guides to remap the controller to work properly on pc, but again didnt work.

29 minutes ago, redman12 said:

Thanks for replying, but iv already tried that, even tried removing everything but the controller and smashed every button, nothing seems to work. iv seen other people with this problem and some of em have never found the answer and just given up. i even treid following one of those guides to remap the controller to work properly on pc, but again didnt work.

In the link that I sent you, there are alternative sources for installing DOA5. Try them.

25 minutes ago, Baralgin said:

In the link that I sent you, there are alternative sources for installing DOA5. Try them.

oh i just noticed your the same guy that answered my last post haha, okay ill give that a shot, tried everything else iv seen online so guess iv got nothing to lose.

Edit: just to confirm are you talking about this link? 

or the one about the beach paradise? because i tried adding the beach paradise stuff and it still got stuck on same screen, though after reading more about it i noticed it only gives new movies and cloths

12 minutes ago, redman12 said:

Haha thank you but i just remebered ur username and edit my last post, ill try it in about 30mins when im free and report back 

Wow! In this topic you are already late.  Links are no longer there.

Contact now directly to the author or to me, I also remember them.

4 minutes ago, Baralgin said:

Wow! In this topic you are already late.  Links are no longer there.

Contact now directly to the author or to me, I also remember them.

sorry i didnt quite understand that, are you trying to say that the download links on the post u told me to look at are dead? 

7 minutes ago, redman12 said:

sorry i didnt quite understand that, are you trying to say that the download links on the post u told me to look at are dead? 

No, the moderators have removed all the most interesting from this post.
While they have not removed me too (once again) :) , I will send this to you by mail.

21 hours ago, redman12 said:

Hey so i just downloaded the game and its dlc about an hour ago. I tried to run it and it seemed to be working fine, i pressed m for the first screen that pops up, then i was prompted to press any key to continue and that worked fine too, then i was at the main screen with a pop up saying "select your play style" with the option casual highlighted, no matter what i do i cant select my playstyle or move anything up or down, im just stuck on that screen. The game is still running but the controls wont register.

This happens to me if I turn on the controller after the game has been launched. If I turn the controller on before launching the game it doesn't happen.

20 hours ago, redman12 said:

You know, now I vaguely remember that I was having the same problem when I first got the game.  But I honestly can't remember what I did.  And knowing me, if I can't remember it, that can only mean that the solution was something so simple that it made me remove it from my mind immediately after. 

I am glad that this game made to PC but it's such a crappy port, especially the UI.  It took me like 2 hours to figure out how to play it on full screen, smh.

Only other suggestion I have is, since you seem to have Autolink installed before the first launch, try removing it then launch it.  Once you bypass that Play Style prompt, it doesn't show up again so if you launch without any mod, and manage to get past the Play Style prompt, then you can put Autolink back in.

Also, are you able to bypass the Team Ninja logo and title screen with the controller?  If not, the game may not be detecting your controller.  Sorry I can't be more of help.

Archived