SFW child beast race resources/dependencies?

lazarwolfe

I am making a SFW mod that will include a Khajiit child and an Argonian child.

Should I make my mod dependent on RS Beast Children? 
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78934

Is it possible to get the data files for beast children from another mod, and make my own race that uses the same assets in the same locations, so if the player includes that mod as well everything works together?

Should I just try to make my own beast child race and have them look horrible because I'm not good at art? But at least that way there are no dependencies?

Is there a best practices concept for this?

4 hours ago, lazarwolfe said:

I am making a SFW mod that will include a Khajiit child and an Argonian child.

Should I make my mod dependent on RS Beast Children? 
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78934

Is it possible to get the data files for beast children from another mod, and make my own race that uses the same assets in the same locations, so if the player includes that mod as well everything works together?

Should I just try to make my own beast child race and have them look horrible because I'm not good at art? But at least that way there are no dependencies?

Is there a best practices concept for this?

I'm not 100% sure here, but it looks like the permissions tab on RS Beast Children just says to credit the original creator of RS Children Overhaul, and the permissions on RS Children Overhaul says it's also free for anyone to use as a modder's resource. So I think you're okay to incorporate their assets in a standalone mod as long as you credit both authors.

• 1 month later...

i would actually stop using rs children and instead base you npcs off of the kids are alright cause it adds all the races children. i switched over from rs to tkaa myself and i created the rs beast children.however if you want to play as the children that is another story altogether then i would use rs children. and yes you can use it just be warned the armor does not port over to SE without crashes

Archived