Need some help with OCOv2

leyre

Hello, as the tiltle says, i cant for the life of me, figure what the fuck im doing wrong when installing that pos called Oblivion Character Overhaul, im following the guide to the letter ( minus using NMM, im using OBMM ) yet i still cant get my god damn characters to look good, can someone provide a detailed explanation about how to install everything again please? ty :)

There is nothing to explain. You can copy the folders and esp in your data folder or you use a Modmanager.

You say "  i still cant get my god damn characters to look good" .  MY ? the player ? That's  your problem with the creation menu.

Does the mod works? Are the NPCs ok?   See Nexus , there are  screenshots how some NPCs should look like. Select one you know and start the game with an ugly player and check if the NPC looks right.

-----------------------------------

Do you have all you need?

OBSE 21

Blockhead

archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection ( set in OBMM)

And right Load order ( no other vanilla race Mod lower in load order, best you have no other vanilla race Mod installed)

And if the NPCs are wrong... Have you started a new game? With an old save all NPCs will look like shit.

------------

See/read my yellow Link below, about load order and archive invalidate

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to add COBL's Cosmetics into the equation, too (search for COBL, not COBL Cosmetics, on Oblivion Nexus), and try using a decent body replacer (HGEC females and Robert Male Bodies, in my case). I also use TES Reloaded, and installed OCO just by dropping the files into the game Data directory and then adding in the compatibility addons for the two body replacers (very simple install).

You do need to familiarise yourself with Wrye Bash, though, and ensure that you are using BOSS, too, because a bad load-order will also mess things up for you and cause things not to load or work in the way you were expecting.

Archived