Can't get GECK to compile script and save mod

EDIT: Holy crap, the wonders of a Windows-reboot! The issue solved itself afterwards... :/ Only one question remains: how do I set the thread to resolved? :)

Hi all,

After trying to compile and save a modified script for >24 hours, I'm now truly desperate for help.

I've the newest SexoutNG core, data, SCR, NVSE & NVSE Extender installed. I'm a dev, so although I'm completely new to modding. coding is not an issue - I just never had to work with a compiler that gives no feedback at all...

first, the facts:

SexoutLust.esp, SCRIPT crQuestOrgasmScript - the one I want to modify, set to active

FalloutNV.esm, Sexout.esm, SexoutCommonResouces.esm - required esm files

long code replaced by a 3liner for testing purposes:

scn crQuestOrgasmScript

short tempvar

begin GameMode

set tempvar to 1

set tempvar to GetNVSEVersion

set tempvar to playerREF.NX_GetEVFl "Sexout:SexoutLust:Arousal"

end

iterations for every trial:

1. paste code, try to close script window with the down-arrow-button

2. if not successful, disable line 3, try again

3. if still not successful, disable line 2, close window

4. try to close GECK, saying yes to save mod

5. curse

6. recompile all scripts, try to close again

7. cry

what I tried:

1. use "nvse_loader -editor", load SexOutLust.esp only, let GECK load the required .esm files: both NVSE and the Extender work, but curse & cry

2. activate bAllowMultipleMasterLoads in GECKCustom.ini, load all required esms in addition to the esp: no change

3. use "geckpu-nv-nvse.exe" of PowerUp 0.1.3b: not even NVSE works, cry sooner

4. use "geckpu-nv-nvse.exe" of PowerUp 0.1.1 with the updated exe for NVSE: no change

of course I initially thought that my code was the culprit, so at first I was looking for typos, mismatching brackets/if-endifs and other syntax errors, then I spent a few more hours searching the net for pointers - but I only found references ;-p

So help a girl in need, pretty-please? Ö.Ö

Thanks in advance,

faroneth

Thanks a lot Hal, will try the forked version of PowerUp in the evening!

Just wondering: in the install instructions of my outdated PowerUp versions it's explicitly stated to start GECK with the provided launchers, geckpu-nv.exe and geckpu-nv-nvse.exe respectively. Does it still work for you when starting up with nvse_loader -editor? It didn't seem to do so for me yesterday...

Probably off topic:

Since installing Sexout (and a metric shitload of plugins for it) my game freezes on exiting. Not while playing, not on saving, not even on quitting to the main menu, but only on exiting the application. Did you ever encounter reports of this behavior? I'm quite baffled how this could be related to mods that in my understanding shouldn't be loaded at that time yet/anymore...

Btw, this most likely was the reason for my problems yesterday: I discovered later that when exiting the game by right clicking in the windows task bar on the game icon and choosing "Close", every visual evidence of the application running disappears without error messages, but the process keeps on running, thus blocking write access to its resources.

On the upside: my modifications to SexoutLust are running merrily, my toon is having happy multiple orgasms! :D

Cheers,

faroneth

Just wondering: in the install instructions of my outdated PowerUp versions it's explicitly stated to start GECK with the provided launchers' date=' geckpu-nv.exe and geckpu-nv-nvse.exe respectively. Does it still work for you when starting up with nvse_loader -editor? It didn't seem to do so for me yesterday...

[/quote']

It does come along with nvse_loader -editor.

You can check if it's loaded, by making a mistake in your script and if it tells you where it fails to compile, geckpu is loaded. Also there are usually warnings about mismatched .bsa files, while loading sexout. Those belong to geckpu too.

The important thing is, to have the .dlls in the appropriate folders.

Archived