Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

• 2 weeks later...

Probably seen by now that most mods have been messed up temporarily. It's because a variable they added to the shaders is also now being used in some of the most common shaders, therefore the hashes changed again. At a minimum to fix CostumeCustomizer the following need to be updated in the DOAXVV root folder's d3dx.ini and the ShaderOverrides.ini in CostumeCustomizer. Just find the called out ini sections and update the hash to the new one listed. If you use ausgeek's temporary catch-all, CostumeCustomizer likely won't work properly because the ShaderType variable won't be properly maintained which this mod has a dependency on.

[ShaderOverrideClothesPS2]
hash = 4826b20c3accdf18

[ShaderOverrideSkinPS]
hash = 3d6c93879b0d5a0f

[ShaderOverrideFingernailsPS]
hash = 29c81a931743921b

Just uploaded version 1.6 which adds built-in support for Kanna skin overrides. It should be the same resource names, so you should be able to use the existing patch, just don't patch over the CostumeCustomizer/Marie.ini any more (only replace the BP Boobs Mod-Pack one). As this release also switches from the custom Shaders to ShaderRegexes which was the result of my discussions with @minazuki

Do note that because it now uses ShaderRegexes, it affects all other mods (effectively a global mod, similar to modifications in d3dx.ini). What it does is make all existing pixel shaders utilize the ps-cb12 constant buffer instead of ps-cb2 for anything that was determined to be suit-specific (Material Color Add/Multiply, IDandFresnel, etc.), but left using the ps-cb2 buffer for the items that were scene dependent like EyePosition. I don't believe it should break any existing compatibility, because the ShaderRegex should load the current ps-cb2 buffer into ps-cb12 prior to rendering, which can be optionally over-written in a TextureOverride call.

@sinsitroy Typical mistakes related to vertices exploding include one or more of the following (double check these first):

• Wrong Vertex Groups transferred (only bras, panties, skirts categories use SuitWeights, everything else uses BodyWeights)
    • You don't have to neccessarily transfer the weights, but the vertex group order of the exported mesh must match the same index of vertex groups as either SuitWeights/BodyWeights. (IE. if Suit Weights first vertex group is the left nipple, the first vertex group in the exported mesh should be intended for the left nipple as well; order matters while the vertex group name is irrelevant)
  • Mis-matching Stride (verify the Stride setting in the Mod Pack Generator matches the mesh's fmt file)
  • Weights weren't normalized prior to export

So I just realized that I think the new ShaderRegex works ok with defaulting to the original ps-cb2 buffer if ps-cb12 isn't replaced, but any mod that was making use of replacing ps-cb2 already in TextureOverrides are probably going to be broken until they change to replace ps-cb12 instead.

Personally, I believe its more accurate to not out-right replace the ps-cb2 buffer since some of the attributes with-in it change depending on the camera position, time of day, and location which is why I went through the efforts to produce the custom shaders and ShaderRegex in the first place, but not sure what the reaction from other modders will be just yet.

Also forgot to mention, but the Mod Pack Generator is technically already capable of supporting Kanna, just have to edit a configuration file that was coupled with the exe to extend the functionality. I've attached the updated configuration file. But I plan to add it to the baseline application/source so the default includes it from now on as well.

CCModPackGenerator.exe.config

@Phelps1247 Not Quite. CostumeCustomizer works with a concept of "slots." The directions were posted along with the download section of the main framework mod. Anyhow, extract the ModPack in the Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer Folder, and replace one of the 01-24 folders with the folder that was just extracted (via rename).

Mod Pack Installation

I plan to develop a quick Mod Management and User Preset generation in the future, for now here are the manual installation instructions for mod packs.

Step 1:

Download your desired mod packs from this topic.

Example: CostumeCustomizer_NudeStrapsSet1_v1.0.zip

Step 2:

Extract your mod pack into the CostumeCustomizer folder, such that they reside as follows:

Example: DOAX-VenusVaction/Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer/CostumeCustomizer_NudeStrapsSet1_v1.0

Check that you have the following ini files correctly located:

DOAX-VenusVaction/Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer/CostumeCustomizer_NudeStrapsSet1_v1.0/Common.ini

DOAX-VenusVaction/Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer/CostumeCustomizer_NudeStrapsSet1_v1.0/Marie.ini

DOAX-VenusVaction/Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer/CostumeCustomizer_NudeStrapsSet1_v1.0/Honoka.ini

Step 3:

Disable or delete an unused ModPack slot.

CostumeCustomizer currently supports 24 mod pack slots designated by folders 01 - 24.

Example: Delete unused mod slot folder 01

Step 4:

Rename ModPack to fill in the recently disabled/deleted mod slot

Example:

Before: DOAX-VenusVaction/Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer/CostumeCustomizer_NudeStrapsSet1_v1.0

After: DOAX-VenusVaction/Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer/01

Step 5:

Start the game, or reload mods if already running using F10.

@KuroKaze78 Thank you for the tutorials, I managed to solve these problems with your help!

Did a bukkake on the body using 3d semen models like the image below, but right now I'm wondering how to transfer weights to the face since there are some semen models need be attached to the face. Could you please teach me?

Spoiler

DOAX-VenusVacation_190503_211257.jpg.a6517511bfadb15722f0a6ac91437f77.jpg

@hoshihara Are you referring to the clipping here:

image.png.7b6d91e0207b66627279b7b6f26761f6.png

If so, generally I've either put more distance between the clothing and the body (shift eh vertices outward, or play very carefully with the weight paint (which is far more difficult and still may not be possible correct the issue with only weight painting).

Trying to do a bukkake mod

The parts on the body are still not good enough, need to fix some parts that are not attached to the body.

Really want to make a facial bukkake that you can turn on and off, but I don't know how.

I wonder if it's possible to make head mods using Costume customizer.

DOAX-VenusVacation_190506_193540.thumb.jpg.b4e89d1d960c29d779b5f595543b0494.jpg

@Zarkhan My guess is that you are missing the 01-24 folders inside the CostumeCustomizer folder. Make sure you installed the full version of the mod and no just the update patch if you didn't have the CostumeCustomizer mod already. Or make sure its in the correct spot. The main CostumeCustomizer mod is designed to be extracted into the root of the game folder and will correctly place the CostumeCustomizer folder inside the Mods/Costumes/ Folder.

On 5/6/2019 at 6:45 PM, sinsitroy said:

Trying to do a bukkake mod

The parts on the body are still not good enough, need to fix some parts that are not attached to the body.

Really want to make a facial bukkake that you can turn on and off, but I don't know how.

I wonder if it's possible to make head mods using Costume customizer.

DOAX-VenusVacation_190506_193540.thumb.jpg.b4e89d1d960c29d779b5f595543b0494.jpg

Maybe import the "THINGS" into headgear or glasses instead?

I never mod an headgear/glasses

but i guess it provide better performance in attaching as those gear already attached to the body

I dont have the model so you might need to try by yourself

@sinsitroy Sorry, I meant to respond but just forgot. So, theoretically I could extend CostumeCustomizer to likely cover additions to the head model, however I don't think it would be as widely used and head replacements/additions haven't yet been done at all so far. Ideally it should be similar to the other body-extended replacements, but I'm not familiar with the Head mesh and I fear each character uses their own vertex groups, which means you would likely have to do a unique export per character. I'm also not sure if the same head mesh is used across all suits which for better or worse would cause the replacement would be active regardless of what suit you are wearing unless you add in logic similar to "$suit_active" that many mods tend to do when they utilize KeyCycles to restrict when the KeyCycle is active.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:34 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@Phelps1247

I don't think knight77 uses any cb2 replacements so that component shouldn't be an issue. The only mod from knight that would cause grief w/ CostumeCustomizer would be the "Red Hip Suit" mod because they target the same replacement suit. The others should be fine.

I mean...can I get this to use his textures? An ini line I can redirect or something?

23 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Phelps1247 I'm not sure what you mean by using Costume Customizer to use his textures. Which textures are you referring to?

The base nude (or topless) ones that his mods use.

I don't have Metal's installed (well, not anymore) so I get this:

DOAX-Venus-Vacation-190513-030703.jpg

But I want that to look like this, which is one of Knight's mods:

DOAX-Venus-Vacation-190513-030727.jpg