21 hours ago, Jorvalt said:

Do you know if there are any mods that change the heads of argonians?

Best Argonians and or Kajiits heads and bodies for me are the Fluff's Hybrid Argonians and or Fluff's Hybrid Khajiits, those two mods arent anymore available on Nexus Skyrim LE

but if you want to see pictures, here are the mods on Nexus Skyrim SSE, you cant use the SSE mods on LE version but if you look on internet you can find em.

Only for SSE version here:

Argonians https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10111

and or Kajiits https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10112

If you find the LE mods you can even use an alternate esp which remove the Argonians tails too, they look great ?

On 10/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, samadara said:

Best Argonians and or Kajiits heads and bodies for me are the Fluff's Hybrid Argonians and or Fluff's Hybrid Khajiits, those two mods arent anymore available on Nexus Skyrim LE

but if you want to see pictures, here are the mods on Nexus Skyrim SSE, you cant use the SSE mods on LE version but if you look on internet you can find em.

If you find the LE mods you can even use an alternate esp which remove the Argonians tails too, they look great ?

Yeah, that's basically just turning Argonians into scaly humans. I still want anthro lizards, just not ones that border on terrifying.

Unfortunately, looks like there isn't a modder that seems to feel the same way I do.

Since you are looking for "anthro lizards" - the only thing that I can think of that matches that is KZ Style NPC Overhaul, which has "human-like" khajiits and Argonians - changing their head meshes. I have linked a video below for your viewing pleasure. Hope this is something you are looking for?

On 10/13/2018 at 4:22 AM, samadara said:

Huh. I was looking for hybrid Argonian and Khajiit race textures. Whaddaya know, even with SOS support!

I love how Jorvalt specifically stated wanting anthro lizards and not scaly humans and yet people keep suggesting scaly humans. Doesn't matter if the faces also have scales instead of some random patch of human skin: if the base head mesh is still human, they are scaly humans.

Anyway, @Jorvalt, there doesn't seem to be any such head replacer for Argonians even though it would certainly be welcome by many of us. The closest thing I can think of was Argonian Females Redefined (something like that? Not sure if that was the name) which changed the head shape and made it a bit more angular/sharp, kinda like certain snake species. But the mod was taken down a while back so I don't know how hard it would be to get ahold of the file, and IMHO it isn't that much of an improvement anyway.

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I love how Jorvalt specifically stated wanting anthro lizards and not scaly humans and yet people keep suggesting scaly humans. Doesn't matter if the faces also have scales instead of some random patch of human skin: if the base head mesh is still human, they are scaly humans.

Thank you, that was my intention and I was just about to respond when I saw you already said it for me.

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Anyway, @Jorvalt, there doesn't seem to be any such head replacer for Argonians even though it would certainly be welcome by many of us. The closest thing I can think of was Argonian Females Redefined (something like that? Not sure if that was the name) which changed the head shape and made it a bit more angular/sharp, kinda like certain snake species. But the mod was taken down a while back so I don't know how hard it would be to get ahold of the file, and IMHO it isn't that much of an improvement anyway.

It is kind of a shame that it doesn't seem like anyone's made sexier lizard heads yet. Oh well.

well ... this is what I came up with ... the zones that matter ain't lizardly ... and no ugly ass tail .... If you change the face to look human like you might as well make another race .... I think I managed to make the face look feminine enough as far as argonians go ....

TESV-2018-10-23-09-14-03-32.png

2 hours ago, woolsack said:

... the zones that matter ain't lizardly ...

That may be a good thing for some people, but I'm pretty sure in this case it isn't. Don't see how "anthro lizards" would imply human skin in any way, and by putting it in the "zones that matter", you are only taking away from the experience even further.

... and no ugly ass tail .... 

See my point above. Though in the case of the tail, if it's done because the vanilla tails are buggy as hell, I'd understand it.

If you change the face to look human like you might as well make another race ....

See, the last three posts in the thread (mine, IGotBored's and Jorvalt's) have made it very clear that the point of this thread was to find a mod that replaced the Argonian heads without making them human. Just improving their shape while keeping them fully reptilian/beastly. We don't want the face to look human. Like, at all. So that's obviously not the point.

Pretty much anyone who is comfortable with the Racemenu sculpt feature shouldn't be intimidated by Zbrush/ZBrush Core, because it isn't much different from what I did with Khajiit Overhaul (aside for the high-poly mesh for normal maps.) It's just more accurate and flexible in moving polygons. Although the smooth tool does work better in Racemenu's sculpt tool, because ZBrush isn't built for smoothing triangles.

judging from heads edited in Blender I imported that were edited by another member, I actually advise against Blender. It seems to be inaccurate and creates a bit of a mesh on the topology. It could either just be the user, or Blender's smooth shader promotes inaccurate edits.

If anyone's interested, I can make a very detailed tutorial on how I edit heads in a new thread with Khajiit Overhaul and the new shark heads as an example.

19 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

That may be a good thing for some people, but I'm pretty sure in this case it isn't. Don't see how "anthro lizards" would imply human skin in any way, and by putting it in the "zones that matter", you are only taking away from the experience even further. 

well in that case it makes no sense for a lizard humanoid to have tits at all .... no lizards have mammalian glands.  Even the term is derived from mammals ...  only mammals have them.

But some lizards have softer skin on some parts of the body .... not all lizards are 100% covered in scales. So makes perfect sense that the "lizard tits" are not covered in scales and and the front is smooth and softer even a bit slimy maybe because argonians are aquatic. I never seen human skin that is so glossy and white....

I don't think scaly tits would work to well or make any kind of sense .... if somehow humanoid lizards had by some bizarre evolutionary trait developed "lizardian glands" ... "lizard tits" ....  "Cold icy low body temperature fun bags" or how you want to call them  they would definitely be soft and not scaly

The guy wanted a sexy look so full scales no tits body does not seem  sexy to me , if we are talking about realism ... but we are debating either or not a fictional humanoid lizard female with tits should have the tits scaly or soft so realism goes out the door right there.

Let's put it this way 90% of guys would tap that with softer front .... much less dudes with full scales on her body .... so your argument is invalid ....

Even the lore version argonians make no sense because in the elder scrolls lore , argonians lay eggs and they hatch like IRL lizards but at the same time they have belly buttons and females have tits .... so non scaly fronts are the least of my concerns when it comes to realism

And as far as a mod that replaces the female argonian head there is none that keeps it lizard like only the one that makes the head a scaly human head basically. Just use mods with nicer eyes better face textures better makeup a nice body mod and morph and try to sculpt the head to have a smaller  look , making the eyes as big as possible and the nose as small as possible in comparison to the eyes ..... and making the eyes pop-up with a darker around the eyes color helps to .... try making the back to front head size as small as possible also by reducing nose length to as small as it goes  ....

So modders please show the beast races some love to ....

well in that case it makes no sense for a lizard humanoid to have tits at all .... no lizards have mammalian glands.  Even the term is derived from mammals ...  only mammals have them.

The Hist did it.

No, seriously, that's the explanation. The Hist can alter Argonians at will, and they are known to have done it at least twice (when they created Argonians out of feral tree lizards native to Black Marsh, and during the Oblivion Crisis to make "super-soldiers" against the Daedra invasion). Probably three times, if you count the pre-retcon "Argonians" from Arena/Daggerfall as actual elf-like Argonians.

We all know the real reason Argonians have breasts in Oblivion and Skyrim is that Bethesda got lazy and didn't want to work on separate breastless bodies and armors for them (they did have digitigrade legs and no breasts back in Morrowind), but the (un)official lore explanation for it is "they have breasts because the Hist want them to".

But some lizards have softer skin on some parts of the body .... not all lizards are 100% covered in scales. So makes perfect sense that the "lizard tits" are not covered in scales and and the front is smooth and softer even a bit slimy maybe because argonians are aquatic. I never seen human skin that is so glossy and white....

Having a soft lizard belly is one thing (and I'm pretty sure not all lizards have them). Cutting the belly and breasts from a human skin texture and pasting them on the Argonian body (which is what your pic above looks like) is a completely different deal.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

I don't think scaly tits would work to well or make any kind of sense .... if somehow humanoid lizards had by some bizarre evolutionary trait developed "lizardian glands" ... "lizard tits" ....  "Cold icy low body temperature fun bags" or how you want to call them  they would definitely be soft and not scaly

See my first paragraph above. Doesn't need to make biological sense, as long as the Hist want it to happen, it will happen. If the Hist wanted female Argonians to have huge knockers that produced freaking hot chocolate milkshake when milked, it would still make sense as far as the Elder Scrolls lore goes.

The guy wanted a sexy look so full scales no tits body does not seem  sexy to me , if we are talking about realism ... but we are debating either or not a fictional humanoid lizard female with tits should have the tits scaly or soft so realism goes out the door right there.

The fact that it doesn't seem sexy to you doesn't mean the same applies to anybody else. If Jorvalt had stated he wanted more human-like Argonians (or hadn't stated anything at all), I would understand your suggestions, but since he actually did so, I don't get why you would still suggest it anyway.

Let's put it this way 90% of guys would tap that with softer front .... much less dudes with full scales on her body .... so your argument is invalid ....

I would tap that regardless of whether the front is human-like or lizard like, but I like scaly bellies and breasts much better than smooth human-like ones, so my argument is not invalid.

And again, everybody has their own tastes, and since the ones asked for here were made clear and don't involve human-like Argonians, your suggestion doesn't fit here (but it could fit elsewhere).

Even the lore version argonians make no sense because in the elder scrolls lore , argonians lay eggs and they hatch like IRL lizards but at the same time they have belly buttons and females have tits .... so non scaly fronts are the least of my concerns when it comes to realism

Again, see first paragraph above.

3 hours ago, woolsack said:

Elder Scrolls lore aside, we humans evolved from mamal-like reptiles or stem mamals as of our current knowledge today. It's not too far-fetched to say that the humans and Argonians split off on the evolutionary tree with a similar evolutionary path, and preserving it's reptilian features, as well as being semi-cold blooded. With that, live births and breasts can easily be a thing.

For example, the Tegu is labeled as warm blooded, but in actuality is semi-warm blooded because It only activates that unique trait during certain times of the year.

Funny how evolution works, you just need the right conditions.

3 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Elder Scrolls lore aside, we humans evolved from mamal-like reptiles or stem mamals as of our current knowledge today. It's not too far-fetched to say that the humans and Argonians split off on the evolutionary tree with a similar evolutionary path, and preserving it's reptilian features, as well as being semi-cold blooded. With that, live births and breasts can easily be a thing.

For example, the Tegu is labeled as warm blooded, but in actuality is semi-warm blooded because It only activates that unique trait during certain times of the year.

Funny how evolution works, you just need the right conditions.

Egg laying monotreme mammals exist so it would also wouldn't be a stretch to say that Argonians wouldn't be too far removed from Platypi or Echidna even without the magical explanation of the Hist.

There are other mammals with upfront positioned mammary glands which aren't primates (elephants and bears, for example) yet no other creature has a brain the match of humankind. It is much more likely for something else to evolve breasts than it is to develop full on sapience.

the base for the mammalian glands were by some already when we were still a type lizard at the time we got sweat glands, and were used to coat and protect the eggs, it is more unlikely that they are humanoid then have boobs tbh, but then agen a shark and a dolphin have close to the same shape but they are not much alike genetically.

the only thing evolution needs is time and maybe a reason.

humans have gotten the shape they have on them today mostly because we walk upright to keep the balance and easier to hold the child at as our arms are where they are, but mind you elfs and humans can interbreed which would be impossible if it were realistic due to incompatible gens and at best make sterile hybrids but still there are bretons.

best approach is the lore says so there fore.

i am also looking for a better head for them but not actively, and the human head with scaly texture solution just look retarded tbh looks like a polymorf accident or someone wearing a lizard skin suit, but it do work for the kajiit but not as a replacer.

racemenu can alter the head a bit but only for the PC

50 minutes ago, Munken said:

[...]  the human head with scaly texture solution just look retarded tbh looks like a polymorf accident or someone wearing a lizard skin suit, but it do work for the kajiit but not as a replacer.

I mean, in the case of Khajiit it works because as per the lore there's a Khajiit subspecies specifically stated to look like Wood Elves with fur and tails (Ohmes-Raht), so it's lore friendly and doesn't "erase" the more bestial races from existance. Not that I'm presonally happy with "catgirls" over actual (Suthay-Raht) Khajiit, mind you, but at least it has the lore to back it up so I'm cool with it. Argonians, on the other hand, don't have any of that.

50 minutes ago, Munken said:

racemenu can alter the head a bit but only for the PC

In theory it would be possible to export a RaceMenu sculpt to be used as the base head shape for the whole race, though it would have to be done in a specific way and it's not guaranteed to work out. Just mentioning this in case it's useful for anybody.

yeah your right no point in keeping the human skin ...

I mean, have you seen the pics from the Female Dragonic Argonian Textures mod? There ain't much to be done with the vanilla Argonian heads/appearance, but the characters shown there are some of the (if not the) most attractive and better looking Argonian ladies I've seen. And they are 100% scaly goodness, no human skin involved at all.

75826-6-1464082115.jpg

Spoiler

75826-5-1464082115.jpg

75826-2-1464082115.jpg

75826-6-1464531371.jpg

75826-1-1464565402.jpg

Spoiler

75826-3-1464565401.jpg

75826-2-1464565402.jpg

yeah the blue one looks legit ... wish I had that preset to make the eyes a bit bigger and use eyes with round pupils ... also lighting makes a ton of difference , to lazy to tweak a enb preset .... ENB gives me headaches fuck enb .... also got the 2k texture one didn't notice ...gonna get the 4k body textures .... gonna keep try to make a legit face and body I find it fun to spend hours trying to make a hawt lizard and then turns out it looks like shit no matter what ....

Yeah, I'm surprised there aren't more Argonian mods out there. You could create something really beautiful with scales and lizard skin....to me, the human lore of TES is lacking in the creative department. The non-human races, specifically beast races, interest me the most.

Like a couple people here said, it's probably best to use Citrus head + Racemenu sculpting to get the look you want. 

Also, looking at animal head references for the shape you want might be a good idea. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91882 - not what you're looking for (it's a Khajiit preset), but it's a nice example of the power of racemenu sculpting w/ beast races. 

3 minutes ago, Sarru-kin said:

Like a couple people here said, it's probably best to use Citrus head + Racemenu sculpting to get the look you want. 

Also, looking at animal head references for the shape you want might be a good idea. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91882 - not what you're looking for (it's a Khajiit preset), but it's a nice example of the power of racemenu sculpting w/ beast races. 

This. The Serval preset/race was done using the vanilla low-poly heads, so that's even more of an achievement, but with enough time, you can get some surprisingly good results both for vanilla Khajiit/Argonian heads and their CITRUS counterparts.

For example, all of the new feline races from Yiffy Age of Skyrim (cheetah, sabrelion/smilodon, panther, snow leopard and tiger) use CITRUS heads as a base, as do the Kygarra (hyenas) and Fennec ("normal" foxes, and not actual fennecs, as the name would suggest). Vaalsark (jackals) still use vanilla heads, but will use CITRUS ones when the YA 5.0 update drops.

There's also the Crocodilian Argonian presets:

Spoiler

86658-1-1505314990.jpg

86658-4-1505297686.jpg

And if you want to get even more extreme examples, you just need to check out the new heads from the upcoming update of my shark race mod:

Spoiler

Shark_Head_New_2.png

Head_1.png

Head_2.png

Head_3.png

Believe it or not, those are edited Argonian CITRUS heads. It's true we're working on cleaning up the morphs/phonemes because they don't play that nice with the new shape; but it's mainly due to the shortening of the mouth indent. Had we left the lips as long on the sides as vanilla Argonians have them, it would have been pretty much game-ready, with only minor bugs here and there.