Pip-boy data tab crashing game

On 8/14/2019 at 7:44 AM, darkon74slayer said:

I might be running to many mods for it to make a difference, I dropped VIS and VIS-G using gold kit for color pipboy and did what they recommend for item sorting and the pipboy has never been more stable while using vault girl (I don't use the data and inv page fro vault girl).

You seem to have an almost identical problem as I have and solved it, but I don't quite understand what you mean. So you stopped using VIS, you use gold kit for color pipboy, but what does "and did what they recommend for item sorting" mean?

On 8/14/2019 at 7:44 AM, darkon74slayer said:

I might be running to many mods for it to make a difference, I dropped VIS and VIS-G using gold kit for color pipboy and did what they recommend for item sorting and the pipboy has never been more stable while using vault girl (I don't use the data and inv page fro vault girl).

You seem to have an almost identical problem as I have and solved it, but I don't quite understand what you mean. So you stopped using VIS, you use gold kit for color pipboy, but what does "and did what they recommend for item sorting" mean?

Well after doing as much digging as I can and messing with my mods I have to agree with everyone here. This is some kind of flash limitation and the only real solution is to limit the amount of flash mods you're using. I think some of us are experiencing it worse than others are the same people using Sim Settlement. Sim Settlement has the addition of adding Hud Menu's if you use HudFramework, compounding the flash limitation issues with AAF. 

I have tried a few combinations of mods to test things out(note AAF is installed in all of these combos, of course). 

My original combination of mods that brought me here in the first place: VIS(original) + HudFramework + Sim Settlements. As I said in an above post, this would cause occasional CTD's when opening the Perk Chart.

My next test is arguably the ideal setup users would want if it works: VIS-G + DEF_UI + HudFramework + Sim Settlements. This setup was pretty bad, would crash when trying to access data tab, would crash 100% of the time when opening Perk Chart. I tried doing what a previous poster said and altering DEF_UI file to remove icons from the inventory, fixed the Data tab, still 100% crash when opening Perk Chart.

I figured I needed to alleviate some stress on Flash, so I tried removing HudFramework and decided I don't need it for sim settlement. I came into some serious issues here, this was the worst setup by far. Nothing in the pipboy worked at all except the map, everything else in it would CTD. Maybe my save file is just screwed from installing/uninstalling these mods many times(I am using Vortex to prevent that kind of damage, but I really don't know). The only other thing I can think of is maybe it is some kind of compatibility issue with Sim Settlements. VIS-G has a couple of files from HudFramework built into it for compatibility reasons, maybe Sim Settlements was detecting these loose files but because I didn't have the .esp from HudFramework installed, it was just completely breaking my game. I'm really not sure, this setup brought a lot of confusion for me and I'm not nearly educated or skilled enough with modding to try to figure out why.

At this point I accepted my fate, I have to reduce flash usage and I also cannot use VIS-G without Hudframework with Sim Settlements installed and I wouldn't dare try to uninstall Sim Settlements this deep into my game, so I'm very limited in options: VISOriginal + Sim Settlement. No Hudframework, no VIS-G so I don't have to use Def_UI. Well, game works 100% now. My original issues of the occasional CTD when opening the Perk Chart are gone. No PipBoy CTD's at all. It sucks that I don't have the Hud for Sim Settlement and I really rather use VIS-G over the original, but I much rather have a game that doesn't CTD.

Pretty pointless blogpost I know, but I hope this would give a bit more insight into the issue and prevent others from wasting their time trying different combinations of these mods. I think these issues go mostly unnoticed because of the specific combination of mods that cause it. Basically on Loverslabs end, anyone using Sim Settlements in combination with the mods above is going to start running into CTD's. On Nexus's side of things, they probably won't ever experience issues with any of these mods because most of them will never use AAF. It's the people trying to use these Hud Mods + Sim Settlements + AAF that start really running into problems. I hope a fix will be discovered at one point, but I'm just glad I found this thread because those Perk Chart CTD's were driving me nuts and this thread gave me a solution. 

sorry I've been on a small break from Fallout 4.

I use:

HUD Framework 1.0f

DEF-UI - GKCP 1.4.3

ARWCSM - DEF INV Compatribility patch 1.15

ARWCSM - full (weightless or weights your choice there) 1.15

Gold Kit for Color Pipboy -anti- black and white screen- 1.11

Status Effects fix for GKCP 1.11

the ARWCSM is the item sorter, and if you are using mods that require you to drink or get caffeinated you will have to edit it. as the mod creator removed caffeinated from nuka cola.

On 8/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, volcanogod said:

Since the problem seems to be some bizarre interaction between the PipBoys inv display, VIS_G, AAF, and (maybe) an XBOX controller, I thought I would try just turning off the icons in the pip-boy inventory display : in the DEF_UI Mod, edit the file

interface/DEF_CONF/DEF_INV.xml

and change the setting to false :

<pipboy>

<itemlist>
      <icons>false</icons>
      <dps>false</dps>
    </itemlist>

</pipboy>

It's just a work-around, but it got rid of the INV->DATA crashes for me without losing either VIS-G sorting or AAF.

(You have to give Bethesda credit for their commitment to the Lore. Of course a clunky style-over-substance device like the PipBoy runs Flash!)

Just wanted to say thanks and that this fix still works for anybody with this issue. My FPS went from around 30 on the DATA tab and crashing while tabbing through the PipBoy back up to 70ish FPS and no crashing. Working with all of my AAF and LoversLab mods still installed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 5:50 PM, sstier87 said:

Well after doing as much digging as I can and messing with my mods I have to agree with everyone here. This is some kind of flash limitation and the only real solution is to limit the amount of flash mods you're using. I think some of us are experiencing it worse than others are the same people using Sim Settlement. Sim Settlement has the addition of adding Hud Menu's if you use HudFramework, compounding the flash limitation issues with AAF. 

I have tried a few combinations of mods to test things out(note AAF is installed in all of these combos, of course). 

My original combination of mods that brought me here in the first place: VIS(original) + HudFramework + Sim Settlements. As I said in an above post, this would cause occasional CTD's when opening the Perk Chart.

My next test is arguably the ideal setup users would want if it works: VIS-G + DEF_UI + HudFramework + Sim Settlements. This setup was pretty bad, would crash when trying to access data tab, would crash 100% of the time when opening Perk Chart. I tried doing what a previous poster said and altering DEF_UI file to remove icons from the inventory, fixed the Data tab, still 100% crash when opening Perk Chart.

I figured I needed to alleviate some stress on Flash, so I tried removing HudFramework and decided I don't need it for sim settlement. I came into some serious issues here, this was the worst setup by far. Nothing in the pipboy worked at all except the map, everything else in it would CTD. Maybe my save file is just screwed from installing/uninstalling these mods many times(I am using Vortex to prevent that kind of damage, but I really don't know). The only other thing I can think of is maybe it is some kind of compatibility issue with Sim Settlements. VIS-G has a couple of files from HudFramework built into it for compatibility reasons, maybe Sim Settlements was detecting these loose files but because I didn't have the .esp from HudFramework installed, it was just completely breaking my game. I'm really not sure, this setup brought a lot of confusion for me and I'm not nearly educated or skilled enough with modding to try to figure out why.

At this point I accepted my fate, I have to reduce flash usage and I also cannot use VIS-G without Hudframework with Sim Settlements installed and I wouldn't dare try to uninstall Sim Settlements this deep into my game, so I'm very limited in options: VISOriginal + Sim Settlement. No Hudframework, no VIS-G so I don't have to use Def_UI. Well, game works 100% now. My original issues of the occasional CTD when opening the Perk Chart are gone. No PipBoy CTD's at all. It sucks that I don't have the Hud for Sim Settlement and I really rather use VIS-G over the original, but I much rather have a game that doesn't CTD.

Pretty pointless blogpost I know, but I hope this would give a bit more insight into the issue and prevent others from wasting their time trying different combinations of these mods. I think these issues go mostly unnoticed because of the specific combination of mods that cause it. Basically on Loverslabs end, anyone using Sim Settlements in combination with the mods above is going to start running into CTD's. On Nexus's side of things, they probably won't ever experience issues with any of these mods because most of them will never use AAF. It's the people trying to use these Hud Mods + Sim Settlements + AAF that start really running into problems. I hope a fix will be discovered at one point, but I'm just glad I found this thread because those Perk Chart CTD's were driving me nuts and this thread gave me a solution. 

Oh man,

I'm running into perk tree crashes now.

I have BLD, HUD framework, SIM settlements and AAF. Can't level up without crashing.

Uninstalled Def_UI, not much change.

I guess I'm running out of flash capacity so need to make some hard choices between AAF and SIM settlements.

Does anyone have a fix?

Okay, so the key seems to be reducing the HUD elements you use. For me that means sacrificing immersive HUD, bleeding widget, survival widgets, no settlement widgets or conqueror widgets outside the workshop. Seems to work for now. fingers crossed. Even got Def_UI back. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've run into this issue today. I had been building a new FO4 load order, was very stable, all UI mods working perfectly the last few weeks with virtually no problems.

I use Sim Settlements, DEF_UI/DEF_INV, Dual Color Pip-Boy, HUDFr, AAF, and for sorting I am using Ruddy's simple sorter script to generate a final/dead last ESP in xEdit (R88_sorter.esp) to handle item menu sorting, icons, etc. It's a pretty standard setup, but I specifically chose not to use VIS/VIS-G this go round, more so just to avoid patch hell...

Only after adding a bunch of new item mods to my otherwise stable load order thereby hugely increasing the size of the R88_Sorter.esp did the issue finally show up. So I am not sure my issue is exactly the same -- but it sure seems so. I get around 5-7 pip-boy views before the next one will just insta-CTD. Is the general thought here that we're just running out of available resources for the flash (swf) files? Does anyone have the expertise to say for sure? Shrugs.

Just looking for any possible fixes, workarounds, etc. My current plan is to just exclude a bunch of stuff from sorting (icon assignment) and perhaps next eliminate all icons entirely as suggested earlier in the thread (bummer tho, I like the icons!).

On 6/23/2020 at 6:06 AM, thehotness said:

Oh man,

I'm running into perk tree crashes now.

I have BLD, HUD framework, SIM settlements and AAF. Can't level up without crashing.

Uninstalled Def_UI, not much change.

I guess I'm running out of flash capacity so need to make some hard choices between AAF and SIM settlements.

Does anyone have a fix?

I'm running AAF, Sim Settlements, DEF_UI, HUD Framework and VIS-G...

I've been experiencing CTD's related to inventory and perk trees. Based on what I have been able to understand and read from around on here, much of this is probably the result of overloading the flash implementation of the User Interface.
With this in mind, I figured reducing the load of UI interface files as much as possible, would go a long way in resolving these issues.

I have managed to get these mods working in a more of less stable environment, with MO2. This is my proces (In case some one is experiencing similar issues):

0. Install/Load F4SE (https://f4se.silverlock.org/)

1. Install/Load DEF_UI (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10654)
   -> Notice how the translation file size is roughly 50kb (for english)

2. Install/Load DEF_UI Translation files (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10654?tab=files)
   -> I also manually deleted the "Translation_xx.txt" from the main DEF_UI Install.
   -> Replacement translation file from the DEF_UI translation addon is only 0,5kb for the english version.

3. Install/Load HUDFramework (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20309)

4. Install/Load HUDFramework DEF_UI patch - or use the auto patcher to create your own (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20309?tab=files)

5. Install/Load VIS-G Item Sorting (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/33383?tab=files)
   -> Copy the patched HUDMenu.swf from the HUDFramework/DEF_UI patch and paste this inside the VIS-G "interface" folder (Data/Interface/HUDMenu.swf). Remember to backup the file you are replacing!!

6. Install/Load DEF_UI Iconlibs Rescaled and Fixed (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31088)
  --> If using MO2: Copy both of the VIS-G files ("DEF_INV_TAGS.xml" and "DEF_INV_TABS.xml") from inside your VIS-G install "/Interface/DEF_CONF". Paste these 2 files into your DEF_UI Iconlibs Rescaled and Fixed install location -> /Interface/DEF_CONF/ (Create the folder if it doesn't exist).

7. Open the "DEF_INV_TAGS.xml" file with notepad (or similar). Delete everything. Copy and paste this text

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tags>
<!-- Aid -->
	<tag icon='med' keyword='Aid' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='dev' keyword='Device' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='nuka' keyword='Drink' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='food' keyword='Food' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='chem' keyword='Chem' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='alc' keyword='Liquor' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='nuka' keyword='Nuka' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='rfood' keyword='Rad Food' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='alc' keyword='Beer' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='food2' keyword='Ingredients' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_steak' keyword='Raw Meat' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='rawfood' keyword='Produce' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='food2' keyword='Egg' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='rawfood' keyword='Plant' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='shroom' keyword='Fungi' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='bottle' keyword='Tea' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='jar' keyword='Coffee' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Trim' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Hash' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Pollen' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Blunt' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Joint' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Seed' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Buds' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='mag' keyword='Magazine' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Cigarette' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Cigar' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='nuka' keyword='Canteen' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Ammo -->
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Ammo' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='core' keyword='Fuel' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Bolt' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='core' keyword='Fusion' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='mFusion' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Syringe' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_revo' keyword='Flare' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Armor by Class -->
	<tag icon='star2' keyword='1e Combat' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='institute' keyword='1h Synth' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_dc_guard' keyword='1r DC Guard' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_leather' keyword='1q Leather' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_metal' keyword='1j Metal' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_marine' keyword='1b Marine' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_robot' keyword='1i Robot' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_therm_optics' keyword='1a Therm Optics' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_trapper' keyword='1p Trapper' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='star2' keyword='1c Merc' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='military' keyword='1d Gunners' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1o Scavvers' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1g Battle' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1k Disciples' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1l Operators' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1m Pack' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1n Raider' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='vault' keyword='1s Vault-Tec' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='smut' keyword='3a Super Mutant' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Power Armor by Class -->
	<tag icon='pa_head' keyword='2a X-03' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='pa_head' keyword='2b X-02' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_pa_x01' keyword='2c X-01' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_pa_t60' keyword='2d T-60' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_pa_t51' keyword='2g T-51' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_pa_t45' keyword='2i T-45' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_pa_raider' keyword='2j Raider' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='pa_head' keyword='2l Construction' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='pa_head' keyword='2m Horse Power' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='pa_head' keyword='2ma Cpt. Cosmos' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Cosmetics -->
	<tag icon='n_cape' keyword='1a Silver Shroud' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='synth' keyword='1b Robot' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='armrad' keyword='1c Biosuit' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_attire' keyword='1d Suit' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_dress' keyword='1e Dress' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='dapper' keyword='1f Dapper' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='casual' keyword='1g Casual' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='skimpy' keyword='1h Skimpy' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='rugged' keyword='1i Rugged' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='minutemen' keyword='1j Minutemen' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='vault' keyword='1k Vault-Tec' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_atomic' keyword='1l Atom Cats' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='bos' keyword='1m BoS' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='lantern' keyword='1n Railroad' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='institute' keyword='1o Institute' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='diamcity' keyword='1p DC' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='military' keyword='1q Military' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='abc_marine' keyword='1r Marine' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='star2' keyword='1s NCR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='star2' keyword='1t Merc' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='military' keyword='1ta Gunner' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1tb Scavvers' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1u Forged' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1v Disciples' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1w Operators' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1x Pack' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='1y Raider' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_atomic' keyword='1z CoA' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='fullhelm' keyword='2a Masked Helmet' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='helm' keyword='2b Helmet' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='hat' keyword='2c Hat' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='hat' keyword='2d Cap' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='mask' keyword='2e Headband' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_gasmask' keyword='2f Full-Mask' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='goog' keyword='2g Eyewear' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_mouth' keyword='2h Mouth' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='mask' keyword='2i Half-Mask' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='b_neckwrap' keyword='2j Bandana' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_scarf' keyword='2k Scarf' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_scarf' keyword='2l Bandana' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_gloves' keyword='2m Gloves' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_packfull' keyword='3a Backpack' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='jetpack' keyword='3b Jetpack' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='pack' keyword='3c Backpack Upper' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_packlower' keyword='3d Backpack Lower' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_pouch' keyword='3e Satchel' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='bandolier' keyword='3f Bandolier' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_harness' keyword='3g Harness' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_vest' keyword='3h Tac-Vest' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_belt' keyword='3i Belt' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_holster' keyword='4a Gun On Hip' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='4b Melee On Hip' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ak' keyword='4c Gun On Back' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_2h' keyword='4d Melee On Back' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='nuka' keyword='4e Canteen' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='dev' keyword='4f Device' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='mine' keyword='4g Mine' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='neck' keyword='5a Necklace' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_watch' keyword='5b Bracelet' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_watch' keyword='5c Watch' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_ringpristine' keyword='5d Ring' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_ear' keyword='5e Earring' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='glove2' keyword='5g Fingernails' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_jacket' keyword='6e Jacket' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_cape' keyword='6g Cloak' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='rugged' keyword='6h Arm Addon' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leg' keyword='6i Leg Addon' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='dog' keyword='7a Dog' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_dress' keyword='8a Kids Dress' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='casual' keyword='8b Kids Casual' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='rugged' keyword='8c Kids Rugged' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='vault' keyword='8d Kids Vault-Tec' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='bos' keyword='8e Kids BoS' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='institute' keyword='8f Kids Institute' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='military' keyword='8g Kids Military' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='hat' keyword='8h Kids Cap' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Explosives -->
	<tag icon='gren' keyword='Explosives' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren' keyword='Grenade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='mine' keyword='Mine' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='sgren' keyword='Signal' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='sgren' keyword='Beacon' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren3' keyword='Nuke Grenade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren2' keyword='Pulse Grenade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren2' keyword='Stun Grenade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren2' keyword='Flash Grenade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren' keyword='Dynamite' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren' keyword='Holy Grenade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='gren' keyword='Molotov' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_combat_knife' keyword='Thrown' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Junk -->
	<tag icon='wood' keyword='Resource' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='trash' keyword='Scrap' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Ammo Scrap' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Resource AGP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Resource AP' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Misc -->
	<tag icon='caps' keyword='Currency' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='lock' keyword='Lockpick' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='book' keyword='Settings' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='uniq' keyword='Unique' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_diam' keyword='Valuable' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='bottle' keyword='Bottle' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='bhead' keyword='Collectibles' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='uniq' keyword='Collectible' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_flask' keyword='Crafting' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='tool' keyword='CC Kits' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='tool' keyword='CC Sets' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='game' keyword='Game' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='hack' keyword='Hack' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='holo' keyword='Holotape' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='note' keyword='Note' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='quest' keyword='Quest' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='sack' keyword='Trash' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_trash' keyword='Compost' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='key' keyword='Key' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='password' keyword='Password' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='keycard' keyword='Passcard' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='camp2' keyword='Camping' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='la_pipboy' keyword='Pipboy' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='n_leaf' keyword='Wraps' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='tool' keyword='Tool' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Casing' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='ammo' keyword='Shell' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='diamcity' keyword='Baseball Card' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='star2' keyword='Marvel Card' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='jar' keyword='Coffee Cup' hidetag='true'/>		
	<tag icon='android' keyword='Gnome' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='android' keyword='Model Robot' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='n_atomic' keyword='Cpt. Cosmos' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='military' keyword='GI Joe' hidetag='true'/>	
<!-- Mods -->
	<tag icon='mods' keyword='Mod' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Perks -->
	<tag icon='quest' keyword='Perk: Quest' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='head' keyword='Perk: Companion' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='lantern' keyword='Faction: Railroad' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='bos' keyword='Faction: BOS' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='bhead' keyword='Perk: Bobblehead' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='mag' keyword='Perk: Mag' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='Faction: Operator' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='Faction: Disciple' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='anarchy' keyword='Faction: Pack' hidetag='true'/>		
	<tag icon='n_atomic' keyword='Faction: Atom Cats' hidetag='true'/>	
<!-- Weapons -->	
	<tag icon='w_nuke' keyword='0a Mini Nuke' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rocket_launcher' keyword='0b Missile' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rocket' keyword='0c RocketsMini' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rocket' keyword='0c RocketsCluster' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rocket' keyword='0c Fireworks' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rocket' keyword='0c RocketsLrg' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rocket' keyword='0c Kids Rocket' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rocket_launcher' keyword='0d 40mm Grenade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_cannon' keyword='0e Cannonball' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_gauss' keyword='1a 2mm EC' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_alien' keyword='1b Alien' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_alien' keyword='1b ET' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_institute_pistol' keyword='1ba SC' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_plasma_rifle' keyword='1c PR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_plasma_pistol' keyword='1d PP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_gatl' keyword='1e Core' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_tesla_rifle' keyword='1f Tesla' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_cryo' keyword='1g Cryo' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_flame' keyword='1h Flamer' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_institute_rifle' keyword='1i IR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_institute_pistol' keyword='1j IP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_laser_rifle' keyword='1k LR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_laser_pistol' keyword='1l LP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_laser_rifle' keyword='1m LM' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_gamma' keyword='1n Annie Boom' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_gamma' keyword='1o Gamma' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_laser_rifle' keyword='1p Breeder' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_alien' keyword='1q Assaultron Head' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_minigun' keyword='2a HMG' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ak' keyword='2b LMG' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_combat_rifle' keyword='2c BR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ar556' keyword='2d AR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ak' keyword='2da HAR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_hunting_rifle' keyword='2e SAR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_shotgun' keyword='2f SAS' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_shotgun' keyword='2g SG' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_leveraction_rifle' keyword='2h LAR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_pipe_rifle' keyword='2i HMR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_radium_rifle' keyword='2j CARB' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_submachine_gun' keyword='2k SMG' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_submachine_gun' keyword='2ka CSMG' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ak' keyword='2kb HSMG' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_revo' keyword='2la HR' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_revo' keyword='2lb REV' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_10mm' keyword='2m HP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_pistol' keyword='2n SAP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_the_deliverer' keyword='2o LSAP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_pipe_revolver' keyword='2p HMP' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='harpoon' keyword='3a Harpoon' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rail' keyword='3b Spike' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ak' keyword='3c Bolt' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ak' keyword='3d Arrow' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_syringer' keyword='3e Syringer' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='diamcity' keyword='3f Baseball' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='smile' keyword='3g Melon' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_junk' keyword='3h Junk' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='weap' keyword='3i Flare' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_alien' keyword='3j Acid' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_alien' keyword='3k Zapper' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_syringer' keyword='3l Paintball' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_super_sledge' keyword='4aa Super Sledge' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_super_sledge' keyword='4ab Sledgehammer' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_shish' keyword='4ba Chainsaw' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_shish' keyword='4bb Buzz Axe' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_shish' keyword='4bc Buzz Blade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_ripper' keyword='4bd Ripper' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_shish' keyword='4c Fire' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='4d Sword' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='4da Katana' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='4db Assaultron Blade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='4dd Jiang' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='4de Saber' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_2h' keyword='4e Axe' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_baseball_bat' keyword='4f Bat' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4fb Pipe Wrench' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4fc Lead Pipe' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_baseball_bat' keyword='4fd Board' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4fe Pole Hook' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_baseball_bat' keyword='4ff Pool Cue' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4fg Baton' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4fh Tire Iron' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_baseball_bat' keyword='4fi Rolling Pin' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4fj Walking Cane' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_baseball_bat' keyword='4fk Club' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4ga Hachet' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4gb Tomahawk' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_combat_knife' keyword='4h Machete' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_combat_knife' keyword='4i Knife' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_combat_knife' keyword='4ia Trench Knife' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_combat_knife' keyword='4ib Switchblade' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_kremvh_tooth' keyword='4ic Karambit' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_disarm' keyword='4j Fist' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_disarm' keyword='4ja Power Fist' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4jb Deathclaw Gauntlet' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_1h' keyword='4jc Meat Hook' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_disarm' keyword='4jd Knuckles' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_boxing_glove' keyword='4jf Boxing Gloves' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='4jz Melee' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='Uniq_Mel' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_radium_rifle' keyword='Uniq_Weap' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Other Mods -->
	<tag icon='jetpack' keyword='PA Jetpack' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='module' keyword='Module' hidetag='true'/>
<!-- Rollups -->
	<tag icon='w_ak' keyword='1 Ranged Weapons' hidetag='true'/>
	<tag icon='w_rev_dword' keyword='2 Melee Weapons' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='gren' keyword='3 Explosives' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='casual' keyword='1 Outfits' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='hat' keyword='2 Hats and Accessories' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='armdef' keyword='3 Armor and Power Armor' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='dog' keyword='4 Dogs, Kids and Super Mutants Gear' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='food' keyword='1 Food' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='bottle' keyword='2 Drinks' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='med' keyword='3 Meds and Chems' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='food2' keyword='4 Ingredients' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='book' keyword='1 Settings Holotapes' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='uniq' keyword='2 Collectibles' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='diam' keyword='3 Valuables' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='quest' keyword='4 Story Items' hidetag='true'/>	
	<tag icon='wood' keyword='5 Recyclables' hidetag='true'/>
</tags>

8. Open the "DEF_INV_TABS.xml" file with notepad (or similar). Delete everything. Copy and paste this text

Spoiler

<!--
filters
    4294967295    - all
    1            - favorites
    2            - weapons
    4            - apparel
    8            - aid
    512            - all misc
    1024        - junk
    2048        - modifications
    4096        - ammo
    8192        - all holotapes
    128            - all notes and magazines

to show in one tabs weapons and apparel use SUM of flags 2 + 4 = 6
            <filter>6</filter>

to show tab with only legendary items and favorites items use
            <filterflag>1</filterflag>

here is additional icons (for tabs only not for items)
            pack star mods weap

all <tab></tab> tags must contain <filter> <name> and <icon> tags

<inctags> use to select ONLY these tagged items from provided <filter>
    <distags> use to select ALL items from provided <filter> EXCEPT these tagged items

u can't use <inctags> and <distags> at the same time

on the bottom example for vanilla tabs
-->

<settings>
    <author>Neanka</author>
    <desc>My tabs</desc>
    <tabs>
        <tab>
            <icon>pack</icon>
            <name>$INVENTORY</name>
            <filter>4294967295</filter>
        </tab>

<tab>
            <icon>weap</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryWeapons</name>
            <filter>2</filter>
            <distags>Grenade</distags>
            <distags>Mine</distags>
            <distags>Beacon</distags>
            <distags>Trap</distags>
            <distags>Signal</distags>
            <distags>Explosives</distags>    
            <distags>Nuke Grenade</distags>            
            <distags>Pulse Grenade</distags>            
            <distags>Stun Grenade</distags>            
            <distags>Flash Grenade</distags>            
            <distags>Dynamite</distags>            
            <distags>Holy Grenade</distags>            
            <distags>Molotov</distags>    
            <distags>Thrown</distags>            
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>gren</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryExplosives</name>
            <filter>2</filter>
            <inctags>Grenade</inctags>
            <inctags>Mine</inctags>
            <inctags>Beacon</inctags>
            <inctags>Trap</inctags>
            <inctags>Signal</inctags>
            <inctags>Explosives</inctags>
            <inctags>Nuke Grenade</inctags>            
            <inctags>Pulse Grenade</inctags>            
            <inctags>Stun Grenade</inctags>            
            <inctags>Flash Grenade</inctags>            
            <inctags>Dynamite</inctags>            
            <inctags>Holy Grenade</inctags>            
            <inctags>Molotov</inctags>
            <inctags>Thrown</inctags>            
        </tab>    
        <tab>
            <icon>ammo</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryAmmo</name>
            <filter>5004</filter>
            <inctags>Ammo</inctags>            
            <inctags>Syringe</inctags>
            <inctags>Fuel</inctags>
            <inctags>Fusion</inctags>
            <inctags>mFusion</inctags>        
            <inctags>Bolt</inctags>    
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>arm</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryApparel</name>
            <filter>4</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>food</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryFood</name>
            <filter>8</filter>
            <inctags>Coffee</inctags>
            <inctags>Drink</inctags>
            <inctags>Food</inctags>
            <inctags>Nuka</inctags>
            <inctags>Tea</inctags>
            <inctags>Beer</inctags>            
            <inctags>Liquor</inctags>
            <inctags>Rad Food</inctags>    
            <inctags>Prewar</inctags>
            <inctags>Canteen</inctags>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>med</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryAid</name>
            <filter>8</filter>
            <distags>Syringe</distags>
            <distags>Coffee</distags>
            <distags>Drink</distags>
            <distags>Food</distags>
            <distags>Nuka</distags>
            <distags>Tea</distags>
            <distags>Beer</distags>
            <distags>Liquor</distags>
            <distags>Rad Food</distags>
            <distags>Prewar</distags>
            <distags>Chem</distags>
            <distags>Quest</distags>
            <distags>Device</distags>
            <distags>Egg</distags>
            <distags>Fungi</distags>
            <distags>Ingredients</distags>
            <distags>Plant</distags>
            <distags>Pollen</distags>    
            <distags>Produce</distags>
            <distags>Raw Meat</distags>
            <distags>Seed</distags>
            <distags>Trim</distags>
            <distags>Buds</distags>
            <distags>Hash</distags>        
            <distags>Canteen</distags>                
        </tab>        
        <tab>
            <icon>chem</icon>
            <filter>8</filter>
            <inctags>Chem</inctags>
            <inctags>Quest</inctags>
            <inctags>Cigarette</inctags>
            <inctags>Cigar</inctags>            
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>holo</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryHolo</name>
            <filter>8832</filter>
            <inctags>Settings</inctags>    
            <inctags>Game</inctags>            
            <inctags>Hack</inctags>            
            <inctags>Holotape</inctags>            
            <inctags>Note</inctags>            
            <inctags>Password</inctags>            
            <inctags>Key</inctags>            
            <inctags>Passcard</inctags>                            
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>diam</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryValuable</name>
            <filter>648</filter>
            <inctags>Device</inctags>
            <inctags>Camping</inctags>            
            <inctags>Currency</inctags>            
            <inctags>Lockpick</inctags>            
            <inctags>Pipboy</inctags>            
            <inctags>Unique</inctags>            
            <inctags>Valuable</inctags>            
            <inctags>Collectible</inctags>            
            <inctags>Perk: Mag</inctags>                    
            <inctags>Lockpick</inctags>            
            <inctags>Collectibles</inctags>            
            <inctags>Game</inctags>            
            <inctags>Quest</inctags>    
            <inctags>Baseball Card</inctags>    
            <inctags>Marvel Card</inctags>    
            <inctags>Coffee Cup</inctags>    
            <inctags>Gnome</inctags>
            <inctags>Model Robot</inctags>    
            <inctags>Cpt. Cosmos</inctags>    
            <inctags>Perk: Bobblehead</inctags>    
            <inctags>Perk: Mag</inctags>    
            <inctags>GI Joe</inctags>
            <inctags>Cigarette</inctags>
            <inctags>Cigar</inctags>            
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>tool</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryJunk</name>
            <filter>1544</filter>
            <inctags>Tool</inctags>
            <inctags>Egg</inctags>
            <inctags>Fungi</inctags>
            <inctags>Ingredients</inctags>
            <inctags>Plant</inctags>
            <inctags>Pollen</inctags>
            <inctags>Produce</inctags>
            <inctags>Raw Meat</inctags>            
            <inctags>Seed</inctags>            
            <inctags>Trim</inctags>            
            <inctags>Buds</inctags>            
            <inctags>Hash</inctags>
            <inctags>Wraps</inctags>            
            <inctags>Crafting</inctags>            
            <inctags>CC Kits</inctags>
            <inctags>CC Sets</inctags>
            <inctags>Casing</inctags>
            <inctags>Shell</inctags>
            <inctags>Resource</inctags>
            <inctags>Resource-AGP</inctags>                      
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>trash</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryMisc</name>
            <filter>1536</filter>
            <inctags>Bottle</inctags>
            <inctags>Compost</inctags>            
            <inctags>Trash</inctags>            
            <inctags>Scrap</inctags>                       
        </tab>        
        <tab>
            <icon>mods</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryMods</name>
            <filter>2048</filter>
        </tab>
    </tabs>
</settings>

<!--
<settings>
    <tabs>
        <tab>
            <icon>pack</icon>
            <name>$INVENTORY</name>
            <filter>4294967295</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>weap</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryWeapons</name>
            <filter>2</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>arm</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryApparel</name>
            <filter>4</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>chem</icon>
            <filter>8</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>trash</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryMisc</name>
            <filter>512</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>tool</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryJunk</name>
            <filter>1024</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>mods</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryMods</name>
            <filter>2048</filter>
        </tab>
        <tab>
            <icon>ammo</icon>
            <name>$InventoryCategoryAmmo</name>
            <filter>4096</filter>
        </tab>
    </tabs>
</settings>

-->

9. Ingame, when running Sim Settlements make sure to disable the Sim Settlements HUD elements outside of the workshop mode! This can be done with the included options holotape!

Hopefully some of all this can help some of you restabilize your game!

All of Dogmeat2000's advice is sound and things I have done to fix my issue. It still persisted.

But I may have finally discovered what my problem could be -- DEF_HUD. Re-installing DEF_UI with ONLY DEF_INV has basically eliminated my pipboy/perk page CTDs. I haven't had one now in hours with many opening/closing of the pipboy and perk page. So I am currently running: DEF_INV, Sim Settlements, AAF, Ruddy's Simple Sorter, HUD Framework with no more pipboy/perk page CTDs as before (since I never used VIS/VIS-G it is sort of odd I even ran into this problem, but I did...it is what it is).

So for anyone still having problems, try reinstalling DEF_UI, but UNCHECK DEF_HUD in the fomod installer config. DEF_INV seems to be fine, but may not be if you happen to use VIS/VIS-G (I use Ruddy's simple sorter). Note that if you have HUD Framework along with the DEF_UI compatch installed, you'll need to remove/redo this too (I use MO2, highly recommended, and trivial to make this change).

Credit to @sayascarlett on the AAF discord server for pointing me to this fix, at long last!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i had something like this happen at 1 point when i was using vortex it made it effect all my save profiles it had to do with 2 files with pip-boy in name that was in sub folders that belonged to ui mod deleting them 2 files fixed the problem but it also deleted all my food and water and other things that was in less mess folders in pip-boy so if you can still access your pip at all i would empty everything out to not lose things

just a thought i started using a mod called fallui it has everything in 1 but separated option that all work in sync it also replaces defui it has been working wonders so no patches it even built in patch for pip-girl mod

Edited by Brindi Eterna
just a thought
  • 10 months later...