So my imbecile win10 can't delete a zip file.

Resdayn

First of all restart Windows.

In case this does not solve the problem, open a CMD window in admin mode (search for CMD, right click on it select run as Administrator.)

Type del and drag and drop the file you want to delete inside (if DnD does not work you need to type the full path.)

I may have spent too much time with computer illiterate people to ask this, but you aren't trying to delete it from the Recent Files section, are you? If so you can't do it from there. Right click on the file, select show file location, and delete it from there.

That "drag and drop to command window to get file path" thing was new to me too, and should prove useful ?

4 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

I may have spent too much time with computer illiterate people to ask this, but you aren't trying to delete it from the Recent Files section, are you? If so you can't do it from there. Right click on the file, select show file location, and delete it from there.

That "drag and drop to command window to get file path" thing was new to me too, and should prove useful ?

No I'm trying delete it like any other files, however it just enter to loop, can't even rename it nor move out from the folder, it just stuck there.

Some virus scanners might try to scan the file whenever you try to delete it, and therefor keep it opened, especially if it is a large or encrypted file.

If you are sure that you actually have write access to that file or folder, try disabling your antivirus before brosing to the folder and try to to delete the file.

If this fails, reboot to safe mode and try again.

Archived