Skyrim VR

fallout980350376

Hi All,

I recently got a VR headset and of course the first thing i did was to get Fallout VR and Skyrim VR and started modding them. I thought i would put my experience in a post on the forum so it will be easier for the next to play with Sexlab in VR.

First of all to mod Skyrim VR, you will need to get NMM 0.65.10 available here:

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

This version supports both Fallout VR and Skyrim VR so no mucking about with manual installations or using your Skyrim SE as a template and dragging things from SE to VR and editing files manually.

Of course as soon as you say mods you want SKSE and there is a VR version available here.

http://skse.silverlock.org/

Once you have this up and running it is time to add the fun stuff. Most SE mods work fine in Skyrim unless they modify the interface. This brings you to the biggest pain point in Skyrim VR. SkyUI

SkyUI does not work and therefore no MCM, and that stops a lot of mods from even starting up.

There is a Chinese port that does sort of work and will get MCM running. Once running mods that require MCM will start and run just fine in VR, however there are some serious issues running the Chinese SkyUI that will break the gameplay.

On the plus side

• All mods that i have tried that work in VR will start and work with the Chinese SkyUI.

On the minus side:

• The key mappings are for a keyboard and not Vive Controllers and some mappings do not work even if you use a keyboard
  • You cannot save the game, quick save does work however
  • Trading does not work, you cannot switch to yourself, you can however loot and buy.
  • On occasion (very often) you will not get completely out of a menu and you will need to use the exit button again (grip). While this is the case the game is frozen. However if a menu has closed or does not display it will sometimes remain frozen and the only thing you can do is to quit the game. The only menu you can get to pop up is the main menu where you can quit to desktop.
  • Using Hide-SkyUI does work however key mapping still does not work correctly on the controller and you still have the game paused bug that you cannot get out of.

My recommendation is to only have SkyUI VR (Chinese) running if you want to play around and use mods that have a hard requirement for MCM but you will not be able to play the game with this running.

You can get the SkyUI VR (Chinese) here. (DO NOT USE)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pedn5b2ph2i563d/SkyUiVR中文测试版.rar

###UPDATE###

There is a new version of SkyUI for VR here:

https://github.com/Odie/skyui-vr/releases

The fun stuff:

Sexlab 1.63 Beta will not start because the game is the wrong version, even if you do have the Chinese SkyUI VR installed. However Sexlab Light will run perfectly in VR.

The same is the case with Slongs of Skyrim, SOS will complain about a missing DLL however the light version works perfectly.

CBBE works perfectly as well but so far i have not gotten Clams Of Skyrim to work properly but the textures map just fine making the women beautiful.

Creatures mods also work fine for those of you into that sort of thing. If using the arousal based mods that hide the slongs when not in use you will need SkyUI VR for that to work, and it does work just fine when SkyUI is running but of course no Slongs when it is not. There are some creature mods that have the slongs out at all times and there of course you have no issues with animations.

I did not used DD but i did get some nasty error messages when i had it installed. I was playing with SkyUI at the time so i think it was more that MCM became unavailable after DD was active. I think DD is unstable in SE as well though, so sort of expected.

Using Sexlab.

Sexlab runs 3rd person doing animations and your character is not rendered in VR. you will hover forlornly up and away from the action while your partner looks like they are fucking air. So sex with the PC does not work. However you can trigger followers and other NPCs to have some action that you can watch just as if you are there. You can either use the Matchmaker other spell or TDF Agressive Prostitution and hire prostitutes that you can pimp out.

Estrus works fine in VR. Watch bandits be raped by tentacles in glorious VR. There is even a VR version available on nexus.

Gameplay:

Playing Skyrim in VR is awesome but motion sickness is an issue. basically moving in the direction your body is facing is fine. This is no different then riding in a car or a train. We are used to that and it does not cause a problem. However moving sideways or riding a horse or in a carriage is a problem. Basically your body expects that if the ride is bumpy you feel the bumps. Moving to the side will feel like you are drunk and too much of this will have you need a rest from VR for around an hour. There is a teleport mode that you can use but that sucks so learn to only move in the direction your body is facing and don't ride horses.

Overall verdict.

If you can afford it, get Skyrim VR and mod the hell out of it. Once someone gets SkyUI to work properly in VR it will be better but even with the light versions it is still awesome.

I think there was a first person mod for oldrim that worked with sexlab. It might be worth digging that up and seeing what that is like in VR and if it works at all, however as the controllers are your hands that might make you look like an Indian god....

Feel free to share your experiences with sexlab in VR below

This text seems quite old.

Bethesda patched SkyrinVR to replace the controllers with hands quite some time ago. 

SOS full has a working VR version since begin June. 

Also - there is a new SKyUI/MCM version that apparently works very well. The Chinese pack should not be advertised as it can create problems when used. 

And there is Flower Girls that can be used for sex involving the PC (it spawns a clone of the PC). 

Details on those and other SkyrimVR issues - here on the VR LL subforum ?

I wish all the guilt-shaming of the teleport mechanic would stop. What sucks or not is a very subjective thing. Teleporting gives a change to people new to VR to get used to all new sensations and to get their VR legs. 

P.S. Does TDF AP really work in VR?

Thanks for your reply to my post, prinyo. This is exactly what i was looking for as i am still new to VR and most my Skyrim modding has been in Oldrim.

It is true that the controllers look like hands most of the time in Skyrim VR which is cool IMO, making the gameplay experience in Skyrim more immersive then in Fallout VR.

I had not seen there was a newer version of SOS, i was using the one that i had in Skyrim SE which was quite recent but not the newest, so my bad. (And thanks for letting me know)

I did spend 4 hours trying to find a solution for SkyUI and all i found was the Chinese version. Do you have a link to the version that works and i will replace the link in my original post so i do not send noobs like myself into the spiral of SkyUI pain that i went down myself? (Found it):
https://github.com/Odie/skyui-vr/releases

I did not try Flower Girls yet as i was focusing on getting a similar experience that i am used to but i will definitely give that a try.

And yes TDF AP works great in Skyrim VR. I just use the SE version:

I use Sexlab Light and was using SOS Light though after reading your post i will graduate to the full version of SOS.

Regarding teleportation in the game, perhaps i was a bit harsh. It does have its place, however for me it is immersion breaking and i do recommend using normal moving but using the trick to only move in the direction your legs are facing to avoid motion sickness. I think the teleportation system has its place if your play area is very small or you play seated or if you are using an other VR setup then the Vive. From my understanding the Rift and PSVR deal with the play area in a different way using a bunch of cameras you do less waling around within the area. Then Teleportation would not be as immersion breaking.

I still feel the opening sequence in the horse cart is uncomfortable so i have start another life installed so i can skip that next time i start a game, though i have not tested that yet.

Sorry to butt in, but I noticed earlier you mentioned that the flower girls mod spawns a clone of the player for sex scenes, this is a great fix to let the player character engage in sexual acts. Right now every single sexlab mod that involves the player does not work since it just ends up in invisible sex due to the player just being invisible. I also tested it with a VR body mod and it's the same problem, it just moves you (the camera aka the player) Aside and invisible sex happens with "you".

We really need a way to make it spawn a clone when a sexlab scene triggers and the sexlab scene happens with that clone, that way you can just watch it like normal camera mode in regular Skyrim. Not sure if this is already out there or if anyone is working on it?

On 9/30/2018 at 11:44 AM, fallout980350376 said:

And yes TDF AP works great in Skyrim VR. I just use the SE version:

Cool, thanks! I haven't seen this conversion.

Do you know a version of SL Stories (the mod that adds sex to different vanilla quests) that works. The one that I tried doesn't recognize when the scene ends.

About the SexLab mods (and this is a reply to both posts above) - my personal understanding is that we are still waiting for Ashal to convert the full SexLab to VR or to tell us that he will not.

Once we know which SL will be the VR one I believe there will be some developments.

It is also possible that FG becomes the main framework - it's developer is active in the VR development.

I'm curious which SL mods are people using in VR and which mods still do not work (and why).

Archived