New Worldspace Question

BlueCoral

I've made a new world space, everything is going perfectly...except for some reason when I coc into my test cell in the world space at 0,0, the terrain seems to be missing (I'm standing on the water because of a water walking ring). Is there a limit on how many objects you can place into an exterior cell or something? I've noticed that if I start deleting some from the test cell, the land goes back to normal. At first I thought it was because of some flora that are meant for dungeons being placed into an exterior cell, but after spending another day re-generating the terrain objects from scratch with those taken out of the region generator, the problem came back. Even more odd, is that it seems to only affect certain cells. Other cells seem to render normal-ish, like the one I took a picture of at around -10,10.

20180921234706_1.jpg

20180921235626_1.jpg

Is your Mod a esm?

Worlspaces in esm (not esp) have the "no ground" problem.

They must be the first esm after the Oblivion esm. But if you have more esm with landspace you can only load one after the Oblivion esm.

You can change the world space to a Oblivion esm world space with Gecko.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8665

Use the "move worldspaces" function.

It is simple.

start TES4Gecko

click : move worldspaces

select your esm

click OK or start ?

Wait...done. Now the worldspace in your Mod is part of the Oblivion esm ( The ID numbers are 00 )

On 9/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Odds bodkins.

I've seen missing cell terrain before and it was usually due to a land elevation conflict. You should try this and see if it patches it for you in your new world space.

Land Magic

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/30519

Patch sits at the very bottom of your load order. If it does fix things...you know the issue at least. 

It didn't detect any issues with my landscape, which isn't a surprise. When I made it with TESAnnwynn I made sure to scale it down just enough to prevent any overflows and underflows. It did detect a few issues with Bethesda landscapes and other mods, so I'm going to keep it in my load order.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:19 PM, fejeena said:

Is your Mod a esm?

Worlspaces in esm (not esp) have the "no ground" problem.

They must be the first esm after the Oblivion esm. But if you have more esm with landspace you can only load one after the Oblivion esm.

You can change the world space to a Oblivion esm world space with Gecko.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8665

Use the "move worldspaces" function.

It is simple.

start TES4Gecko

click : move worldspaces

select your esm

click OK or start ?

Wait...done. Now the worldspace in your Mod is part of the Oblivion esm ( The ID numbers are 00 )

Yes it's an esm file. Changing it to an esp fixed it.

Yes changing it to a esp also works.

But if you have a Mod esm that should stay a esm ( because of the load order) you can use TES4Gecko.

By changing the Landscape ID to the Oblivion ID the landscape in the Mod esm is like a esp. Oblivion esm is master file of the landscape and the landscape in the Mod esp acts like a esp.

But if your mod does not have to be an ESM it is easier to change it to an esp.

---------------------
Mods that have to loaded right after the Oblivion esm
GTAesgaard_2.esm
DibellasWatch.esm
Morrowind_ob.esm
( ? and I think Hammerfell.esm too )

Command in the BOSS Master list:
  WARN: This needs to load directly after Oblivion.esm to avoid landscape issues caused by a failure by the mod author to use TES4Gecko's "Move Worldspaces" function.
On 9/24/2018 at 5:50 AM, fejeena said:

Yes changing it to a esp also works.

But if you have a Mod esm that should stay a esm ( because of the load order) you can use TES4Gecko.

By changing the Landscape ID to the Oblivion ID the landscape in the Mod esm is like a esp. Oblivion esm is master file of the landscape and the landscape in the Mod esp acts like a esp.

But if your mod does not have to be an ESM it is easier to change it to an esp.

---------------------
Mods that have to loaded right after the Oblivion esm
GTAesgaard_2.esm
DibellasWatch.esm
Morrowind_ob.esm
( ? and I think Hammerfell.esm too )

Command in the BOSS Master list:
  WARN: This needs to load directly after Oblivion.esm to avoid landscape issues caused by a failure by the mod author to use TES4Gecko's "Move Worldspaces" function.

I'm using Morroblivion, so I can't put my mod directly after Oblivion.esm. Besides, other then the huge new worldspace I don't exactly have any big plans for my mod. I just wanted a huge snowy/icy area to run around in based off of my hometown for personal use, so there was never any reason to make it a master file.

Archived