Undressing mechanics bug in v3.3.4.133b

Game version: 1.46.18.1020

WickedWhims version: 3.3.4.133b

In this version the undressing mechanics has one very annoying bug. The undressed characters always automatically redress when they use any interactive objects. The older versions of WW didn't had this bug.

How to reproduce bug:

1. Change outfit to athletic

2. Undress the top (or the bottom, or all clothes) through WW Naturism menu

3. After this try to use punching bag (or any other object related to fitness skill). The character will redress automatically to default outfit instead of preserving the nude outfit generated by WW.

The same happens with swimming in pools, jumping to pools (auto redress to default swimming outfit happens), sleeping in beds (redress to default sleeping outfit happens) and many other things. So now the characters want to stay nude only as long as they don't do anything.

On 9/11/2018 at 7:39 PM, TURBODRIVER said:

Okay, I can't really test it or fix it now but I will look into it really soon, thanks!

I've noticed a similar issue with sleepwear. Sims seem to like to randomly sleep in the nude, even stripping down when on their way to bed. This happens even if they don't have Nudity skill or the Exhibitionism trait.

Okay, so I now was able to look into this and this is actually intended behavior.

Sims that are partially undressed will change to the proper outfit when performing an activity that requires outfit change so they match the outfit used for that activity. This avoids situations like when Sim is partially undressed after jogging and goes to sleep in that partially undress outfit instead of changing to the sleepwear outfit or undress to nude. There are so many possible instances of Sims using the wrong outfit to an activity just because it's partially undressed. They redress so the outfit matches the activity but they avoid doing so if the Sim is already fully nude.

One thing that can be done is matching the partially undressed outfit to the original outfit and keeping that but this won't solve it fully if you want to for example use partially undressed everyday outfit for working out, then the Sim would redress. The best thing that can be done is introducing a setting that would do one or another.

Cursed feature.

I suggest to make it optional as you proposed:

On 9/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, TURBODRIVER said:

The best thing that can be done is introducing a setting that would do one or another.

I know that the undressed outfit still must be based on the outfit which is specific for the action (in the old versions it also functioned like this). But this was still better, than being completely unable to do anything naked (like now).

At the moment i have temporarily deleted version 3.3.4.133b from my game and downgraded it to 3.3.4.129h, because as MisterGodiva said above:

On 9/12/2018 at 11:08 PM, MisterGodiva said:

being able to have my Sims do anything nude was a much used feature for me.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, TURBODRIVER said:

Okay, so I now was able to look into this and this is actually intended behavior.

Sims that are partially undressed will change to the proper outfit when performing an activity that requires outfit change so they match the outfit used for that activity. This avoids situations like when Sim is partially undressed after jogging and goes to sleep in that partially undress outfit instead of changing to the sleepwear outfit or undress to nude. There are so many possible instances of Sims using the wrong outfit to an activity just because it's partially undressed. They redress so the outfit matches the activity but they avoid doing so if the Sim is already fully nude.

One thing that can be done is matching the partially undressed outfit to the original outfit and keeping that but this won't solve it fully if you want to for example use partially undressed everyday outfit for working out, then the Sim would redress. The best thing that can be done is introducing a setting that would do one or another.

Cursed feature.

Ok, I just did a quick check, and it is not just being partially dressed or nudity not based on the actions proper outfit that does not work.

Example: I have my sim put on the sleep outfit, then completely undress. Then sending that Sim to sleep, they completely dress back up for the action.

Simply put, right now all nude actions are gone, provided they have a default outfit in the basegame.

So napping and I guess making drinks, cooking, cleaning, push-up, sit-ups, stretching and bunch of other actions are still possible. But nudity is completely gone for Swimming and the whirlpool (outside skinny dipping, which is not the same), all other workouts, all wellness and yoga, sleeping and no doubt a bunch of other actions I don't remember right now.

Maybe one solution would be a WW setting to completely deactivate all auto-dressing for active PCs? We still would not have any of this on NPCs (making a bunch of nudist and erotic clubs pointless), but at least we could still have it in the household.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, FluFFy_PuFFy said:

I guess the 'Respect Native Interaction Undressing Rules' nudity setting was introduced because of this thread. Can someone confirm that this setting does what it says? For me this setting doesn't change the behavior in any way.

I can only confirm that it really works on the [LEGACY] WickedWhims 3.3.5.137a. But on the versions WickedWhims 4.3.5.137a...g (which are for the new Python) i did not tried it, because at this time i still don't want to update my game.

No need to make my own thread.

I am experiencing this issue with the latest WW version.  Checking or unchecking the respect native interaction setting does not seem to have an effect.  I have all Auto unequip items with items (Gloves with top, socks with bottoms) unchecked and use the current outfit as base checked.

It's a longtime character so I am wondering if maybe that might be an issue.  Think I will do some testing.

Update: So after some testing.  What I did to get back to where I wouldn't change from sleepware1 to sleepware2-5 if I was Fully or Partially Nude when getting into bed. 

Not sure if it will help anyone else

Exported my Family to Library.  I started a new game and configured my settings and exported.  Exited game.  Started game and chose a new game and Brought my Characters (from Library) .    Imported Settings (per instructions) saved and exited.  Loaded game and verified same catagory outfit did not switch for sleepware (Athletics still dresses you up but it always has so....no big whoop).  I have the feeling most of my problem was a setting somewhere that I either did or did not check the first time.

Archived