Editing Skyrim textures with live preview or preview.

Mailamea

So when editing textures in skyrim im using photoshop with dds plugin then ones im done, I use nifskope to open the mesh select my new texture. Repeat process. Is there a way to edit texture with a live preview? or a fast preview? If it's in blender/3ds/ etc etc it's ok I know how to use those.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Akzyra said:

Photoshop can load 3D files and you can even paint on them.
Or set it up that when saving a DDS file is saved along with it, then NifSkope should update automatically.

Can you teach me how to load nifs in photoshop, it would be so much quicker when i can paint on them. I'm using CS6 13.0.1

4 minutes ago, kboom said:

You can use Outfit Studio, just open Outfit studio then drag the nif mesh with changed texture

Does it update when I change/save the texture in photoshop in the same path the nif requires it to be? Or do i need to reopen the mesh in OS?

52 minutes ago, Mailamea said:

Does it update when I change/save the texture in photoshop in the same path the nif requires it to be? Or do i need to reopen the mesh in OS?

i haven't tried it yet, but you can simply unload it and drag the nif again. Or just drag the nif if you dont want to unload, it will have 2 armor meshes, good for comparison.

Nifskope registers texture changes every couple seconds. It's pretty reliable. You can also just temporarily change the path to your DDS save path (before it's path'd to Skyrim's layout) in the texture block thing in Nifskope so it'll "monitor" it. E.g Open mesh, change diffuse path to save path for DDS file open in Photoshop, change texture in PS, save it, Nifskope will show the change on the mesh pretty fast.

1 hour ago, Tortex said:

Nifskope registers texture changes every couple seconds. It's pretty reliable. You can also just temporarily change the path to your DDS save path (before it's path'd to Skyrim's layout) in the texture block thing in Nifskope so it'll "monitor" it. E.g Open mesh, change diffuse path to save path for DDS file open in Photoshop, change texture in PS, save it, Nifskope will show the change on the mesh pretty fast.

Thank you very much

Archived