Dickplomacy Reloaded for Mount and Blade Warband

9 hours ago, zeldashu said:

Is there any plan to port this mod to the upcoming Bannerlord?

A port is not going to happen, the engine has changed enough that any attempt could hardly be called a "port". It would be a whole remake.

On that note though... I just got my hands on Bannerlord with the latest beta wave last week.

10 hours ago, IntelligencePending said:

A port is not going to happen, the engine has changed enough that any attempt could hardly be called a "port". It would be a whole remake.

On that note though... I just got my hands on Bannerlord with the latest beta wave last week.

The mark of a good game.   Mount and Blade was rated 77th out of the 100 best games of 2008 (FO3, Mass Effect, Far Cry 2 came out that year) and was using an old engine with old graphics then.  So yes, I hope the engine is updated  and I hope they didn't add a "story".   Pirates (the 1990s era game) did that and it still finds it way onto my hard drive.  

So, the real question is, will modders have to "break" the code or will they be mod friendly in Bannerlord?

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

The mark of a good game.   Mount and Blade was rated 77th out of the 100 best games of 2008 (FO3, Mass Effect, Far Cry 2 came out that year) and was using an old engine with old graphics then.  So yes, I hope the engine is updated  and I hope they didn't add a "story".   Pirates (the 1990s era game) did that and it still finds it way onto my hard drive.  

So, the real question is, will modders have to "break" the code or will they be mod friendly in Bannerlord?

The devs are even in the modding discord answering questions. They went through a lot of effort to make Bannerlord extremely open for modders, give it a year and I think it will easily replace Skyrim for being the mod community gold standard.

7 hours ago, IntelligencePending said:

The devs are even in the modding discord answering questions. They went through a lot of effort to make Bannerlord extremely open for modders, give it a year and I think it will easily replace Skyrim for being the mod community gold standard.

That's good news. In addition, does the official provide mod tools? If so, which programming language do these tools need to learn to use in depth?

18 hours ago, IntelligencePending said:

That is awesome.    Also, if they just keep mostly everything the same gameplay wise.......this game will rule them all.   Now maybe I can get back to trying to find an interface that allows you to play CK2, with the battles fought in Mount and Blade.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:03 AM, zeldashu said:

Is there any plan to port this mod to the upcoming Bannerlord?

You're joking right? Does Bannerlord even use the same engine? I don't think it does. It comes with all matter of new stuff and changes. I wouldn't mind to actually be able to bone your wife in bannerlord though. That could be a good start.

edit: I don't mean YOUR wife lol I mean since you can have an actual family in Bannerlord and die as well it would be interesting.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:42 AM, shar181 said:

The only thing that worries me about Bannerlord is the surprisingly high minimum requirements. I'm not sure my processor or graphic card are good enough for it. ><;

Yeah, I was very suprised as well. But my new laptop that has a 6 core I7 should be able to handle it. Ofcourse not in 1440p that's just silly I do have an Nvidia 1050 though so not sure how well that is gonna work for bannerlord. Eh, just disable shadows or something. That has always done the trick for me with most games.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:47 AM, UnholyDeath said:

I ve installed a dickplomacy and 

dickplomacy reloaded 

into my steam folder 

and got that error on launch 

get _object failed for skeleton model: skel_human_female

then the game starts as standard warband without any modification 

Did you unpack the zip file to modules and made sure you have the recent version of m&b warband? (1.174)

On 3/25/2020 at 4:09 AM, mysteriousanon said:

Hey, so just a quick question: how do I get rid of this constant pop-up? Does it eventually go away? Game logs show nothing.

Also on the same note, is there anyway to maybe limit the active debug messages that spam eternally and obscure in-game messages?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_2.jpg

No, this is not normal.  I have never gotten a debug message during any of my games.   I am using the latest download as well, so I have to ask:  Have you done any in game commands/edits/cheats?

• 2 weeks later...

I remember one mod for the older games where you could, after escaping bandits, ask a villager for help and they had a chance of dragging you into a barn for some fun themselves. Anyone recall which mod this was? I don't believe it was Dickplomacy.

Hello. I just want to ask is there any way to tweak the relation for when you capture a ladies captive? So that whenever you wanted to do that thing with her, no relation will be loss along the way. If there are any please do tell me.

P/S: I am too lazy to fix the relation with a lord everytime I make that thing. That's why I'm asking. Thanks for the answer in advance.

P/S 2: I love the mod so much so that I played it everyday since I downloaded it. Good job with the mod.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:30 PM, SuperGuy148x said:

So, assume for a second that I'm a complete troglodyte, and have very little, if any, skills with a computer. How would I go about installing and playing this mod on my computer?

Hmm..   first off, modding has always required some degree of technical competency, since you can't use the game manufacturer's support page to help you out.   Second, if you are going to install this mod, make sure you know what happens when Steam issues an update. 

In any event, you download the file, unzip it, and place the results of the unzipped file into your "Modules" directory.   This directory should be located wherever your game is stored (if it is a steam game, then the address should look like:  \Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules.

You will know it is in there when you start the game, a GUI pops up asking you which instance you would like to play.

start_screen.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

okay.. i go back to warband from bannerlord since it's modding tools and resource still find it's way..

now just trying this mod, and i want to add a couple of additional items using morgh tools.. then i text edit menus.txt the usual way so my additional item can appear in cheat menu.. but then everytime i try to enter cheat menu find item, it's always crash when i click choose from this range.. i try to reverse the text edit of menus.txt, and itemkinds1.txt still edited with aditional item.. still got crash.. the range numbers in cheat menu screens seems didn't add up to updated value from itemkinds.txt..

please help guide me how to add additional items and make it appear on cheat menu.. TIA

Edit : Okay fool me.. my mistake is i copied mesh files and do some editing and add the new mesh in different brf files but the old one i still keep it while old mesh still there in my edited brf.. its double mesh's file name that caused crash.. waste a whole day just for that mistake.. -_-"